All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

• 2 weeks later...

Our steward told us they replace the mattresses every 3-4 months. They are miserably hard, bring a topper if you need.

In Nassau we went on the Beach Getaway excursion. We didn't have lunch included. It was $45 per adult (5 and under were free, which was great). We brought our own snorkeling gear and saw lots of fish.

Saw on an different thread that mattresses have been replaced. Are there any other room upgrades like flat screen TVs?

Some rooms have flat screen TV's, but based on people I talked to on our cruise in March, most are still old TV's not flat screens

Saw on an different thread that mattresses have been replaced. Are there any other room upgrades like flat screen TVs?

Sailed the PRIDE on May 3rd. Mattress was just fine, but no flat screen tv.

Great ship, excellent cruise.

The mattresses have been replace...with the hard ones that everyone is complaining about. ;)

We had a balcony (5247) and it did have the new flat screen tv. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The pride has a mix of old TVs and new TVs. I was told that they are being replaced a few at a time, and when required. As in "my TV isn't working", "thanks for the new flat screen"....

Also I read if the bed is too hard, the room steward will put something on top of the mattress to make it softer. We liked the new mattress. But you can't please everyone.....

Mitsugirly had mentioned the mattress in her review. She wasn't a fan, so I was aware...but mine was very comfortable and I just LOVE those pillows. Everyone has a different preference, but I took note that she said the steward would put a comforter on top of the mattress if you wanted. :)

I'm sorry if this was answered in a previous post...there are so many pages :)

I would like to sail the pride in June of 2016...is it rough waters or a lot of rocking until you get to the Caribbean? I know the atlantic can be rough, but with such a big ship, didn't know if this was a problem.

I'm sorry if this was answered in a previous post...there are so many pages :)

I would like to sail the pride in June of 2016...is it rough waters or a lot of rocking until you get to the Caribbean? I know the atlantic can be rough, but with such a big ship, didn't know if this was a problem.

You can't predict the weather, but I will tell you that on day one of our cruise, we were going thru the storm in the Carolinas that we were so worried about. Heavy rain and LOTS of waves and rough water. Didn't feel a darn thing and I sometimes like a little rock and roll! :p I was amazed at how well she handled the rough seas. ;)

1-I've recently heard about vibration in the aft dining. Any idea if early seating is in that area or is it wherever in the dining area they seat you? I'd like to avoid rattling silverware, if possible. Especially since friends will be with us on their first cruise, I want them to enjoy it the best they can! Cruised the Pride three times, You will feel the vibration throughout the MDR. My wife get motion sickness, she has used Dramamine and never got sick.

2-Is sailing from Oct out of Baltimore going to be rough enough to worry for them and to plan on bringing special meds for nausea? May be rough but if you take Dramamine you should be fine.

3-When is the Behind the Fun tour? Haven't taken the tour. Is it possible to book ahead of time?

4-This is more itinerary related, but I've heard "eh" thoughts on Nassau and Freeport, so if you have any excursions or things you did that are worth sharing, I'd love to hear them! I would like to snorkel at some point and I also thought the walking tour of Nassau could be a change of pace. We cruised this itinerary once and didn't like it much, we just went to the beach. We like the other and can't wait until Oct 4th which is our next Pride cruise.

5-Lastly, I saw Mitsugirly mention the hotel she used in Baltimore, the BW in Elkridge. Further thoughts? We would also like to see the Inner Harbor, so any ideas on staying there and visiting the Harbor would be great, too! Restaurants, drive in and find parking? take taxi? We live in PA and drive to the port.

This will be our first time on the Pride, we are set for the Feb 27th 2015 sailing. I was hoping someone can give me an idea as to if the pool will be usable anytime during the first two sea days. Late Sept might be a bit chilly in Baltimore, but any first hand knowledge would be a great help.

Randy

Edited by rfreeman11

This will be our first time on the Pride, we are set for the Feb 27th 2015 sailing. I was hoping someone can give me an idea as to if the pool will be usable anytime during the first two sea days. Late Sept might be a bit chilly in Baltimore, but any first hand knowledge would be a great help.

Randy

I wouldn't count on using the pool for the first 2 days. Kids may be okay with it on the 2nd day, ... me? No way!

Randy

Did you mean SEPTEMBER 27th? It can still be pretty warm here in September. The Pride also has the retractable dome over the pool. Only problem is it can't be opened or closed while the ship is moving. They had it closed when we boarded on May 10th, but I am assuming that is because of the storm/hurricane that was brewing up the coast at that time.

Did you mean SEPTEMBER 27th? It can still be pretty warm here in September. The Pride also has the retractable dome over the pool. Only problem is it can't be opened or closed while the ship is moving. They had it closed when we boarded on May 10th, but I am assuming that is because of the storm/hurricane that was brewing up the coast at that time.

Karin - I totally forgot about the domed pool!

You are right about Sept., the water temp would probably be fine.

Back in January JH posted on FB that they were testing the photo package on the Pride. Does anyone know if this is still being tested on the Pride? I sail in August & would love to reap the benefits of a package. We were on the Sunshine for New Years & I spent way too much money on pcitures!! Thanks!

It is 149.99 for any 10 photos and and some free random gifts like lanyards and mugs.

Don't remember middle package sorry.

349.99 for all of the pictures taken and I believe a USB thumb drive of all of them. And random gifts.

I do know you can add a USB with a copy of the pictures you pick to your package for 9.99.

And the way it works is cool you just find all of your pictures each day and give them to the pixels counter and tell them your room number and then on the last night you pick out the 10 you want or just go pick up your box of pictures...

That's in a nutshell

Yep Sept 27th, guess I was typing faster than I was thinking! Thanks for the info.