Swap rooms?

rco58

My wife and I, son and daughter in law, daughter and son in law will be sailing on the carnival dream in September 2018. I wanted to book three rooms in a row but the best I could do was as follows:

Room 1—my wife and I

Room 2—other passenger

Room 3—my daughter and son in law

Room 4—other passenger

Room 5—my son and daughter in law

I would like to see if we could change rooms 2 and 5. That would put my family in side by side rooms allowing us to open the balcony dividers and hang out on the balcony together.

Any suggestions on how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am really not sure this can be done except maybe asking the other passengers to switch onboard and that's unlikely

More over, I don't think all balcony dividers can be removed. I believe only one side can remove so if I am not mistaken, you wont get what you want even if you get all rooms together

Ummm think about this dad. Are you sure you want side by side cabins with your adult married children?!!?!?

I know you have good intentions. But the space might be a GREAT thing with paper thin walls. IMJS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Ummm think about this dad. Are you sure you want side by side cabins with your adult married children?!!?!?

I know you have good intentions. But the space might be a GREAT thing with paper thin walls. IMJS

This.

I mean, I'm sure it's obvious that adult activities are taking place, since they are married... but implied is MUCH different than auditory confirmations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I don't think people realize that when they ask to open the balconies, one room or the other will have their window almost entirely blocked. It is not like the divider disappears but rather is folded back - and those balconies are only like 3' deep to begin with.

Personally, I would be all in favor of the privacy. Hang together on deck if you wish or stand at the rail and chat. I don't want the view from my bed of my morning sunrise blocked!

Humm, you make a great point.

Also...I am sorry but many people book early (like us) to get the exact cabin we want... and the suggestion to take it to John Heald to see if he can do something is ridicules...he is not in charge of cabin assignments to say the least...next time maybe book very early andccheck to see which balcony deviders can be opened that are joined....

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

That's the first thing I thought of also. I thought the spacing/layout was perfect.

Let everyone hear stranger's ... goings on.

Also...I am sorry but many people book early (like us) to get the exact cabin we want... and the suggestion to take it to John Heald to see if he can do something is ridicules...he is not in charge of cabin assignments to say the least...next time maybe book very early andccheck to see which balcony deviders can be opened that are joined....

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

You are correct. John doesn't rank a suite on board, he certainly doesn't outrank the Hotel Director.

Just make any switched when you board. It's easier that way. They don't actually care where anyone sleeps.

I think you should read the original post again. THAT isn't the question.

This person wants to move two STRANGERS out of their assigned cabins so his family can have ALL cabins next to each other.

But after reading the posts here, the 'dad' of the family has re-thought his original plan. So it seems.

They were asking about getting the stranger to switch.

This person wants to move two STRANGERS out of their assigned cabins so his family can have ALL cabins next to each other.

But after reading the posts here, the 'dad' of the family has re-thought his original plan. So it seems.

You guys are wasting your time - she never comes back once she's posted whatever mis-information she has:rolleyes:

Actually l only wanted to move one stranger. My original post asked about swapping (room 2-stranger) with (room 5-my son).