Constellation itinerary change Arabian Sea & India

UKPete71

Someone on the roll call for our cruise in December has mentioned that the itinerary has changed, but there doesn't seem to have been any communication from Celebrity to inform people of the change.

We were due to go from Abu Dhabi to New Mangalore, then to Goa and then Mumbai. New Managlore has been dropped from the itinerary and the cruise is now showing as having an overnight stop in Mumbai.

The change doesn't bother me, as I've not been to Mumbai for over 25 years and there will be plenty to do for the two days we are in port.

I'm curious to know why the port has been dropped and who should have notified us of the change, Celebrity or our TA?

We have been notified by X, via our TA, to say New Mangalore has been dropped from our itinerary and replaced with an extra sea day on the Christmas sailing. I posted this yesterday on the thread regarding the sailing that has the Abu Dhabi change for those visiting the Grand Prix.

In the US if we book with a TA then communication goes from Celebrity to the TA who is suppose to notify their customers. That being said we recent had a of a change to embarkation time and Borh Celebrity and the TA notified us.

The Celebrity website is showing you sailing with a overnight in Mumbai.

New Mangalore is not exactly a 'go to' port. We did this itinerary on its maiden voyage last year, and while we enjoyed our trip to the Jane Temple, the opportunities for excursions are few and far between, involving loo.....oong trips in dubious coaches! The port itself is basically a rusty iron building. I would imagine that X have heeded the feedback from people who have visited the port. An overnight in Mumbai, would for me at least, be a far better option.

In the US if we book with a TA then communication goes from Celebrity to the TA who is suppose to notify their customers. That being said we recent had a of a change to embarkation time and Borh Celebrity and the TA notified us.

The Celebrity website is showing you sailing with a overnight in Mumbai.

I've booked with a US TA so I'll send them an email to see what they say. The itinerary on the TA's website has been updated to show the overnight in Mumbai. I'm quite happy with the change.

New Mangalore is not exactly a 'go to' port. We did this itinerary on its maiden voyage last year, and while we enjoyed our trip to the Jane Temple, the opportunities for excursions are few and far between, involving loo.....oong trips in dubious coaches! The port itself is basically a rusty iron building. I would imagine that X have heeded the feedback from people who have visited the port. An overnight in Mumbai, would for me at least, be a far better option.

I'd read previously that they wasn't much to do nearby and that the best option was to get a taxi up the coast to go to a hotel with a private beach.

As you say an overnight in Mumbai does seem the better option.

I'd read previously that they wasn't much to do nearby and that the best option was to get a taxi up the coast to go to a hotel with a private beach.

As you say an overnight in Mumbai does seem the better option.

No overnight for us, just another sea day :(.

No overnight for the January cruise - just another sea day. An overnight would have preferable. We now have too many sea days!!

We chose this specific cruise because of the 4 ports in India - now only 3 Indian ports.

For many of us, it is too late to cancel, since we have already paid for our flights.

Has anyone got an explanation as to why New Mangalore has been deleted from these cruises? Is it just another cost saving measure on the part of Celebrity?

No overnight for the January cruise - just another sea day. An overnight would have preferable. We now have too many sea days!!

We chose this specific cruise because of the 4 ports in India - now only 3 Indian ports.

For many of us, it is too late to cancel, since we have already paid for our flights.

Has anyone got an explanation as to why New Mangalore has been deleted from these cruises? Is it just another cost saving measure on the part of Celebrity?

Our email said that it was to enhance our cruising experience, however, we are all scratching our heads on that one on our roll call :confused:. Our sea days are now up to 6 on a 14 night cruise :mad:. Wonder if we'll get the port taxes refunded?

New Mangalore did not seem to be a huge hit on the inaugaral visit, with many people complaining of long transfer times and limited choice of excursions. I strongly suspect that this could be one reason for dropping this port. Whilst the terminal itself gave a good insight into the dire conditions in which many locals live, if did not paint a good picture of life in India from the Tourist Offices point of view!

We too were to have 4 ports in India now 3. From the posts above and the limited research I did in planning shore excursions seems like iNew Malagore wasn't a great place to stop. We were considering staying on the ship in that port.

I don't think X dropped it to save money. Although cancelling a port saves port fees, pilot and longshore expenses it also eliminates the very profitable shore excursion revenue.

I am not at all surprised to see this. I don't think it is cost-saving; rather, I suspect that Celebrity are sensibly acting on customer feedback.

Although we saw some lovely things in New Mangalore, the port was not pleasant, nor was the powder being unloaded from a ship nearby when we were there. We quickly moved indoors and the crew were constantly wiping down outdoor surfaces.

It took a day and a half of hosing down all outdoor surfaces to remove it.

Sorry if you are missing the port, but I think this is a sensible move on Celebrity's part.

• 4 months later...
A fellow passenger on our roll call for the December cruise says he has had a revised itinerary showing New Mangalore reinstated and Mumbai from 08.00 to 15.00. Anyone else had this?

We're no longer on this cruise but a look at Celebrity's website still has the overnight in Mumbai.

A fellow passenger on our roll call for the December cruise says he has had a revised itinerary showing New Mangalore reinstated and Mumbai from 08.00 to 15.00. Anyone else had this?

Hazarding a guess, it's very likely still the original unaltered itinerary on the invoice he received (I hope).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app