Allure Solarium Pool

Does the Allure/Oasis have a walk in pool with steps? Our friend has difficulty with ladders.

Also, how large are those Solarium pools in comparison to the Freedom class ships?

Thanks so much.

The Solarium pools on Oasis and Allure do have stair entry, it’s a circular pool with steps on either side. As far as size, they are much smaller than Freedom class ships, although I thoroughly enjoyed the area at the center of the pool (see photos) which has jets and showers spraying on you. Very relaxing. The depth throughout is 3’11”/ 1.2m. I took these photos on Allure in 2015, hope this can help! Happy to clarify or answer any other questions! You’ll absolutely love the ship! f1e3c2487d37f6e122cc03a023095430.jpgc1c892eaa4f31941e80b2f97dc931ac2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
That's the pool????? Doesn't look any bigger than the hot tub on the Liberty etc.

How many people cram into this at once. Very disappointing for a huge ship!

Book harmony, the pool is much bigger

Book harmony, the pool is much bigger

That’s a lie and a half and you know it ;)

Just messing with you of course. Maybe they’ll add one when they drydock in 2021, similar to Symphony’s. Despite the pool (or lack thereof), Harmony is still a great ship! Although I very much look forward to the pool on Symphony!

I don't remember seeing a pool in the solarium on the Harmony:confused:

We have Symphony booked and there is a small pool in the solarium[emoji813]eyes:

There is no pool on Harmony.

When we were on Oasis we really enjoyed the pool. Since most adults tend to stand around chatting, they built a pool that's perfect for that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I don't remember seeing a pool in the solarium on the Harmony:confused:

We have Symphony booked and there is a small pool in the solarium:hearteyes:

That’s a running joke here on Cruise Critic about the Harmony and a fictitious Solarium Pool. There is no pool, however there is a small rain shower in the Solarium. I don’t necessarily think they should get rid of it (I made the most of it and admit I actually quite enjoyed it), but rather turn one of the 3 hot tubs into a pool, which is what they did on Symphony with the location of one of Harmony’s hot tubs. Symphony has a large sculpture in the location where Harmony has the rain shower. Have a great time on Symphony, wish I could get on there sooner!

That's the pool????? Doesn't look any bigger than the hot tub on the Liberty etc.

I agree, the one on Oasis and Allure is very small, but other than that, I like the design! I was lucky to avoid the crowds quite a bit, but it does get very full especially on sea days. I think Symphony’s pool is comparable in size, but it still beats having no pool! Like I said, I really liked the Oasis/Allure Solarium pool design other than the design, although the Freedom class Solarium pools are huge compared to them! (Just too deep in most areas for the average person to touch the bottom).

We sailed on the Allure in February and was very disappointed in the pools. The main pool is split into two pools because of Central Park below. The solarium pool is right outside where the Brazilian steakhouse is at night. There is no blinds on the windows dividing the restaurant to the pool. The buffet also is set up

Great pictures Kevin. I was on Indy in February and spent my pool time in the Solarium. Sailing on the Allure in October and can't wait to check out this area.

Thank you so much for the compliment! The Freedom class, like I said, is much bigger, but also much deeper. The one on Allure is nice, at least in my opinion, because of the jets and fountains! If there’s nobody in the middle area and you’re able to get it all to yourself, definitely take advantage of it - just be careful as the pool drain will be directly under your feet! (It’s safely covered of course, but the large cover sticks up off the floor so it can catch you off guard if you don’t see it when you’re walking!) you’ll have jets mildly massaging you on two sides in addition to misters overhead, as you can see in my photos.

Have a great time on Allure, you will love it! I hope you liked Independence, that’s the one Freedom class ship I have not sailed on but have plans to go on after I sail Symphony (the plan is 2020, fingers crossed) to complete the Oasis class! Thanks again, and safe travels!

We sailed on the Allure in February and was very disappointed in the pools. The main pool is split into two pools because of Central Park below. The solarium pool is right outside where the Brazilian steakhouse is at night. There is no blinds on the windows dividing the restaurant to the pool. The buffet also is set up

Yes, it’s quite a different setup, certainly takes getting used to if you’re not used to navigating that type of pool deck! I never noticed any disruption from Samba Grill in the Solarium pool, however on this particular cruise I did not get wet after dinner, so I would not have noticed - I was under the impression at the time that the Solarium on Allure only was transformed nightly into Club 20, so being 16 at the time and too young to participate, I did not even check to see if it was open. I found out soon after that Club 20 only takes place once or twice a cruise and that I could’ve gone and used the pool most of those nights! But I digress. I suppose it all depends on the time of day, same with the crowds! I hope you still enjoyed the Allure, Oasis class is a wonderful class of ships once you get used to the layout! Happy cruising!

I called it "the birdbath":, not much of a pool, but it sounds like it will suit the OP's friend. Its pretty shallow and stays warm, so it isn' a refreshing dip.

Regarding the pool at the back of the ship that they use for the water shows, is that open during the day for passengers as a normal pool, or is it only for use for the shows? Seeing as how there is stadium seating all around, just wondering if it is a "public" pool or is not open for public use?

Thanks!

Regarding the pool at the back of the ship that they use for the water shows, is that open during the day for passengers as a normal pool, or is it only for use for the shows? Seeing as how there is stadium seating all around, just wondering if it is a "public" pool or is not open for public use?

Thanks!

I've never heard of it OPEN to the public. They do run scuba classes in that pool and it was used for the belly flop competition. I've scuba'd in the pool and saw the secret tunnels performers use to appear magically :confused:

It's actually perfect, this is mostly a cooling down pool, and on sea days people are just standing in there and drinking. It's lots of fun!

The solarium on allure was my least favorite on any other comparable ship. Entirely too crowded, noisy and hot.

We felt the same way. No desire to use the Solarium on Oasis or Allure like we would on Vision/Radiance/Voyager/Freedom classes.

The solarium on allure was my least favorite on any other comparable ship. Entirely too crowded, noisy and hot.

If U didn't like the solarium on oasis and Allure you will hate it on Harmony...they don't even have a dipping pool.