Nautica Veranda Cabin Question

halfapair

Hello,

Hubby & I are considering a 14-Day cruise in Asia in 2020 aboard the Nautica.

Cruise Critic had the following information regarding veranda cabins on the Nautica:

"For regular Veranda Staterooms, the balcony is 43 square feet (with four lucky exceptions -- two cabins with 73-square-foot verandahs and two with 92-square-foot verandahs).

For Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms, the balcony is about 41 square feet (with six more lucky exceptions -- two cabins with 72-square-foot verandahs, two with 94-square-foot verandahs and two with 96-square-foot verandahs)."

But they don't say exactly which cabins have the larger verandas.

Does anyone know which cabins (either regular or Concierge) have the larger verandas on the Nautica?

Thank you,

Susan

Hello,

Hubby & I are considering a 14-Day cruise in Asia in 2020 aboard the Nautica.

Cruise Critic had the following information regarding veranda cabins on the Nautica:

"For regular Veranda Staterooms, the balcony is 43 square feet (with four lucky exceptions -- two cabins with 73-square-foot verandahs and two with 92-square-foot verandahs).

For Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms, the balcony is about 41 square feet (with six more lucky exceptions -- two cabins with 72-square-foot verandahs, two with 94-square-foot verandahs and two with 96-square-foot verandahs)."

But they don't say exactly which cabins have the larger verandas.

Does anyone know which cabins (either regular or Concierge) have the larger verandas on the Nautica?

Thank you,

Susan

For the Concierge Cabins, they are referring to the forward and aft facing regular cabins (i.e. non-suite cabins) on decks 6 and 7 and 8.

I've never heard of any standard cabins having larger than ordinary verandas on Nautica.

We were in an aft facing cabin on Nautica on deck 7. The balcony didn’t seem that big due to the solid railing that slanted inward which cut off a couple feet but it was bigger than the side balconies and when seated the view was blocked by the solid railing. I like aft facing balconies so I would probably book it again if I ever went on a r class ship but I did have a feeling of being in a hot air balloon basket.

I was told that deck 6 is a little bit bigger balcony

I was told that deck 6 is a little bit bigger balcony

125316.jpg

The shape of the superstructure on the R ships, causes the lowest verandas to be the largest on the both the forward facing AND the aft facing cabins and Suites.

china_ship_iphonem__0678_front2.jpg

Forward and aft. They are worse than midship in rough seas if you are at all prone to seasickness

Earl mid ship is the best both laterally and longitudinal it is where the absolute center of gravity of the entire ship is. Every cabin going forward or aft is going to get progressively more and more. Its physics.

How come you think mid ship is bad????