Brilliance out of recent dry dock?

As notes, during the April TA, Rita's was not used as a separate restaurant. It was used for windjammer seating. Now that I think about it, I don't recall if there was even a Rita's sign there.

I am not surprised that the deck plans have not changed.

Regarding the lounge, you can ask on the current Brilliance sailings. Concierge told me he was not aware of the concierge lounge becoming a suite lounge. He tells me that on a normal sailing ( maybe not a TA), the CL can accommodate all the suite passengers, Pinnacles and D+.

M

Edited to add that according to the passengers on the current - May 1 sailing, there is a DL and CL. No changes reported.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

• 4 weeks later...
Did Brilliance add the Freestyle Coke machines after drydock? The beverage manager wasn't sure what Royal was going to do during the April TA.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to hear this, as well. If no one responds, I'll reply back once I am on the ship after 6/21.

I returned last week from the May 15th sailing aboard the Brilliance.

The decor and music for Rita's was but the area was not open as a restaurant. As a previous poster mentioned, it was used as an extension of the Windjammer and hubby and I had breakfast in this area every morning.

There are no freestyle pop machines, just the standard fountain machines.

Not being of lofty status, I can't comment specifically on the Diamond lounges, but I can tell you that on our sailing there was a huge amount of D and D+ cruisers. As such, they closed what I have always called the "Viking Crown Lounge" around 4:00 pm for Diamond members in order to accommodate the large number aboard. I guess as the cruise went on the Diamond members started spreading out to get their free cocktails as I noticed various bars around the ship start to display a card showing what beverages qualified for their freebies.

It was obvious to my untrained eye that the carpet was fresh and overall the ship was in good repair although I could spot minor signs of wear in our cabin (damaged wood work, cracked caulking).

A beautiful ship and a fantastic cruise.