AT&T cruise package vs free internet package

mmssnb

hello

I am wondering if I should also get an ATT cruise package in addition to the included internet on my upcoming Cruise on insignia (NY-July 25). Usually I look forward to being "unplugged" on a cruise but it seems I will be in the middle of selling and purchasing homes. My last cruise on riviera it was spotty Internet to say the least...

We will be in an owners suite if that makes any difference.

Does the ATT cruise package offer any better internet etc or should I just stick with the on included Internet ?

Thoughts!?

TIA

hello

I am wondering if I should also get an ATT cruise package in addition to the included internet on my upcoming Cruise on insignia (NY-July 25). Usually I look forward to being "unplugged" on a cruise but it seems I will be in the middle of selling and purchasing homes. My last cruise on riviera it was spotty Internet to say the least...

We will be in an owners suite if that makes any difference.

Does the ATT cruise package offer any better internet etc or should I just stick with the on included Internet ?

Thoughts!?

TIA

I added the “International Day Pass” for our recent cruise. It allows you to use the talk, text and data of your regular plan - but you are only charged the $10 per day if you receive or send a text or call. Came in handy as our a/c unit at home broke down and had to be replaced on the double quick during a hot spell. I wound up appreciating the option! (If not activated on a given day, no charge for that day) https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/europe-caribbean-country-more.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For strictly e mails the free internet is fine; if talking and messaging is needed than the above plan might be good.

That said, texting should be fine with internet and I have made wifi phone calls with Xfinity as if calling from home.

Why complicate things?

AT&T supports wifi calling and Oceania ships currently do not block it - even using the free option. Thus, making/receiving US calls at sea are no charge using the complimentary wifi onboard at sea and activating your wifi calling.

As for the land, passport or daily pass cellular voice/data add-on is worth it if you don't want/trust available wifi connections and have to stay connected.

Why complicate things?

AT&T supports wifi calling and Oceania ships currently do not block it - even using the free option. Thus, making/receiving US calls at sea are no charge using the complimentary wifi onboard at sea and activating your wifi calling.

As for the land, passport or daily pass cellular voice/data add-on is worth it if you don't want/trust available wifi connections and have to stay connected.

Yes ATT does support it, UNLESS you have the ATT GO plan, which I do. Although I have an iPhone that supports it I can't use it. I am able to use Imessenger over the internet though. I just turn all the cellular stuff off.

I'm sure in the internet age you can electronically sign documents, but the last time I bought and sold a house, 8 years ago, I had to physically sign and fax contracts etc. Perhaps you have someone with a power of attorney.

Yes ATT does support it, UNLESS you have the ATT GO plan, which I do. Although I have an iPhone that supports it I can't use it. I am able to use Imessenger over the internet though. I just turn all the cellular stuff off.

I'm sure in the internet age you can electronically sign documents, but the last time I bought and sold a house, 8 years ago, I had to physically sign and fax contracts etc. Perhaps you have someone with a power of attorney.

"Physically" sign (in person)? Or actual signature?

Not buying/selling a home - so I can't be much help.

I can say that you can certainly download/print PDFs onboard, sign them and scan the signed docs with an app on your phone (e.g., scanner pro) and then e-mail them to whoever. Of course, that doesn't address any fax "requirement" (unless someone can suggest an app for that).

Not familiar with ATT GO (which sounds like it's bare bones).

Sorry I can't be much help.

We did the same while traveling. Contracts and amendments are signed electronically using a web based program. Only issue was mortgage broker, who wanted signed documents. I created an Adobe Signature Stamp so we could sign any PDF documents the broker sent.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am not so worried about signing the documents, as I have done that electronically in the past, I am more worried if I will be reachable in the event of any issues (which seems invariably happen) and if the documents will even open/download if the internet is not adequate.

Luckily much of this cruise has daily ports in the US so I can utilize my data when at port, but one property is in Hawaii and one in South Carolina, so throw in 6 hours of time difference, it leaves a small window at times!

Happy cruising to all

"Physically" sign (in person)? Or actual signature?

Not buying/selling a home - so I can't be much help.

I can say that you can certainly download/print PDFs onboard, sign them and scan the signed docs with an app on your phone (e.g., scanner pro) and then e-mail them to whoever. Of course, that doesn't address any fax "requirement" (unless someone can suggest an app for that).

Not familiar with ATT GO (which sounds like it's bare bones).

Sorry I can't be much help.

Yes, it is a bare bones plan. It's all I need for my lifestyle. My wife's phone has all the data etc and we're always together. I spend less than $100 a year on my phone usage. But, I don't have wireless calling.