Dining and Drink Packages

E&D2004

A few questions from new RCL cruisers (Anthem of the Seas):

Dining: How do the reservations work for a 5 night dining package? Do we simply make dinner reservations at 5 restaurants of our choosing for 5 of our nights? I assume that we can eat at the same restaurant multiple nights. Can we make the reservations before we board?

Drinks: I note that the drinks package includes bottled water. It the water in the room sink potable? Other than bottled water, are there water fountains/bubblers, water stations etc. Are all offerings of wine by the glass on board included or is it limited to a certain list and if so, where can we see that list.

Probably more later. Thanks a ton!

You can eat at the same restaurants with the dining package, but you must make reservations on board.

Water in the stateroom sink is potable, and any bar or restaurant will give you a glass of water, no charge. No fountains or bubblers, I suspect for hygenic reasons. I think I've seen one water fountain on a pool deck of an RC ship years ago, but I've not seen one lately.

If you get the dining package as we only dine in the specialty restaurants and we purchase the ultimate one, you are assigned a restaurant by RC, you will have a letter in your cabin stating the restaurant, date and time...but you have to make your reservations for the restaurants when you get on the ship, they cannot be made before the cruise, unless you purchase individual dining/single dining for the nights you want which will cost more. We always made individual reservations, we figured we best pay so we can get the date and time, but quite honestly, on the Harmony in May we made many changes to our reservations, change restaurants and such and always got what we wanted. By the way, if your not happy to the restaurant they give you for the first night, you can ask them to change it to what you want.

I believe drinks are all included, not sure if the Anthem is up to $12 or $13 but on the Allure/Harmony/Oasis its up to $13, there are many wines that go over that price, and if you choose one of them, you just pay the difference. We never drink the water on the ship only bottled water.

Yes...the water in your sink is the same water that's in your food, ice and beverages. It's perfectly fine and clean...cleaner than the stuff in the bottles, which comes from a tap also! The only caveat...the sink water never "runs cold"...so use the ice in your cabin to cool it down!

There are chilled water dispensers in the WJ, and you can get ice water at any bar or eating venue anytime you ask.