All things Independence of the Seas

ooooook.....

We're almost into the single digits now - doing a New Years cruise on Indy :D

I can't take all the excitement anymore! :-)))

Now, does anyone know if I could get one of those "maps" of the entire ship, kinda like those they have next to elevators, that are ship-shaped and show all the decks at once and you can see what's above what and where do elevators go and all?

Thank you!

ooooook.....

We're almost into the single digits now - doing a New Years cruise on Indy :D

I can't take all the excitement anymore! :-)))

Now, does anyone know if I could get one of those "maps" of the entire ship, kinda like those they have next to elevators, that are ship-shaped and show all the decks at once and you can see what's above what and where do elevators go and all?

Thank you!

Anytime I've sailed on RCI, I've always received one of those when I check in at the port. You could ask for one I'm sure, if they don't automatically give one to you!

• 3 weeks later...

So we just got off the other day. Any questions anyone may have - ask away. :)

One thing I do want to note is that Indy does NOT do luggage valet. I found that out the hard way, as I was told several times by the RCI reps on the phone before sailing that it is offered on Indy and I will have no problem doing that. When I got on board I found out that was not true, they do not do luggage valet.

We are going next week and wondering what is the entertainment like? What are the shows?

Also is there a way to see menus ahead of time?

And anything else I should know or remember to bring...

One thing I do want to note is that Indy does NOT do luggage valet. I found that out the hard way, as I was told several times by the RCI reps on the phone before sailing that it is offered on Indy and I will have no problem doing that. When I got on board I found out that was not true, they do not do luggage valet.

We are going next week and wondering what is the entertainment like? What are the shows?.....

You can find out the shows by sending an inquiry to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse].

Do you have the order of menus from the main dining room for the 6 night cruise? (Basil, Saffron, Pimento, etc.) I am looking to reserve Chops for one evening on our February cruise, so it would be helpful to know which night in the dining room will be our least favorite! Thanks!

We are going next week and wondering what is the entertainment like? What are the shows?

Also is there a way to see menus ahead of time?

And anything else I should know or remember to bring...

Once Upon a Time was one of the shows, then the Headliner on New Years Eve was a soul band which was very nice. Quest, as always ;) Love and Marriage, the late night Adult Comedy show - those are the usual. Ice Show (Freeze Frame) is a must, you should go get your tickets on day 2 (Sea Day) in the Promenade, the line is really long but it moves quickly.

Sorry, I didn't bring any menus or compasses, because since this was a Holiday cruise and they shifted the first formal night, I thought may be they shifted their entire schedule around.

Also, this was a 6 day cruise, but Indy rotates 6 and 8 day cruises, and I think some of the ports also differ. So if you are going on an 8 day cruise - it will be different for you.

Edited by MKESail

Do you have the order of menus from the main dining room for the 6 night cruise? (Basil, Saffron, Pimento, etc.) I am looking to reserve Chops for one evening on our February cruise, so it would be helpful to know which night in the dining room will be our least favorite! Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have any menus, but like I said, they've shifted and changed a lot of stuff since this was a Holiday Cruise, so I didn't think those would help anyone.

Sorry, I don't have any menus, but like I said, they've shifted and changed a lot of stuff since this was a Holiday Cruise, so I didn't think those would help anyone.

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't considered that--this being a holiday cruise. I may have to make my request for info on one of the upcoming cruise roll calls for an answer on this.

So, other than the luggage valet issue, did you enjoy your cruise? Was this your first experience on a Freedom class ship?

So, other than the luggage valet issue, did you enjoy your cruise? Was this your first experience on a Freedom class ship?

We did enjoy it, but being a Holiday cruise it was very crowded. The New Years eve at the Promenade was awesome, the shows were good, the food was great in the MDR and in Windjammer, though it was crowded, again, Holiday cruise. We also cruised on Freedom of the Seas about two years ago and the two ships are pretty much identical except for the Dreamworks Experience. It was a great cruise all in all. :) You will definitely enjoy it!

One more thing I remembered, in Labadee we went to the Columbus Cove beach (the farthest, I think) but it was so worth it! If you have kids who like to swim - the water is very calm and the Aqua Park is right there ;)

What are the internet packages like currently on this ship? The pay per minute style of what you use or pre-pay by the hour without being able to save those minutes?

Last I heard, only per minute rates, starting at $0.75 per minute.

How about Internet places in GC and Falmouth? Usually they are not far from pots.

Don't know any offhand. Ask a crewmember, like your dining staff. They usually can direct you to free or inexpensive hot spots.

How about Internet places in GC and Falmouth? Usually they are not far from pots.

When we were in Grand Cayman, we went to Royal Palms - you have to pay $2 pp fee to enter, but then there was free Wifi in there. Just an FYI.

Not sure about Falmouth as we only stayed in the port area and never tried to see if there was a free Wifi.

Once Upon a Time was one of the shows, then the Headliner on New Years Eve was a soul band which was very nice. Quest, as always ;) Love and Marriage, the late night Adult Comedy show - those are the usual. Ice Show (Freeze Frame) is a must, you should go get your tickets on day 2 (Sea Day) in the Promenade, the line is really long but it moves quickly.

Sorry, I didn't bring any menus or compasses, because since this was a Holiday cruise and they shifted the first formal night, I thought may be they shifted their entire schedule around.

Also, this was a 6 day cruise, but Indy rotates 6 and 8 day cruises, and I think some of the ports also differ. So if you are going on an 8 day cruise - it will be different for you.

Do you need advanced tickets for all the shoes or just the ice show? Any parades? Where would be the best place for my family to watch the parades. Also wondering where we should go to have lunch when we first board the ship and ideas for first things to do?

We are staying in an Owner's Suite on an upcoming voyage in April, for the ice show tickets, does anyone know if we can leverage our Concierge to assist with getting tickets or do we still need to pick up on the 1st sea day in the Promanade???

When we were in Grand Cayman, we went to Royal Palms - you have to pay $2 pp fee to enter, but then there was free Wifi in there. Just an FYI.

Not sure about Falmouth as we only stayed in the port area and never tried to see if there was a free Wifi.

Thanks for the tip.

Counting down the days at this point...

We are staying in an Owner's Suite on an upcoming voyage in April, for the ice show tickets, does anyone know if we can leverage our Concierge to assist with getting tickets or do we still need to pick up on the 1st sea day in the Promanade???

You can get them from the concierge.

• 6 months later...