Voyager class updates.

UNV-IT!!!

I never had a problem with crowds while on the Voyager class.

I do. I won't watch the parades because it is too crowded.

And I'm sure it's just me. I don't care for the concept of adding additional passengers to a ship that was designed to hold a specific number of them.

I do. I won't watch the parades because it is too crowded.

And I'm sure it's just me. I don't care for the concept of adding additional passengers to a ship that was designed to hold a specific number of them.

Same, Celebrity made a mess of its Millennium class ships by doing that.

Hard to fathom how a large size, high end liner no longer even has a cinema! (Sacrificed for the sake of more revenue earning cabins)

Same, Celebrity made a mess of its Millennium class ships by doing that.

Hard to fathom how a large size, high end liner no longer even has a cinema! (Sacrificed for the sake of more revenue earning cabins)

I agree big time about Celebrity messing up the Millennium Class by adding more cabins and restaurants! They took away my views of the ocean and closed in the ship! Now they are dark and unwelcoming and very impersonal! Please don't mess with the voyager class!

Diane

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923511

Here is a discussion of the OP's topic

So the new cabins are going to block the gorgeous view from inside the gym?? Bummer! That was one of my favorite spots on the ship :(:(

Guess I'll stick to the jogging track this time.

*edit* - I take it back. Looks like the lower level of the gym is still clear. Whew!!!

So the new cabins are going to block the gorgeous view from inside the gym?? Bummer! That was one of my favorite spots on the ship :(:(

Guess I'll stick to the jogging track this time.

*edit* - I take it back. Looks like the lower level of the gym is still clear. Whew!!!

Yes, just the Spa massage and treatment rooms on the upper level:)

Some of the "new" cabins are currently interior cabins that will be upgraded to the virtual balcony cabins. There was a thread last week about this..........

Yes, my understanding that most are not "new" rooms but "newly redesigned" interior rooms being turned into virtual balconies. Only a handful of "new" cabins are being added towards the aft.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923511

Post #14 in this thread shows a side-by-side view of the old deck plans and the new deck plans. By my count there are a total of 80 "new" (additional cabins) being added, over and above the redesigned virtual interior balcony cabins.

Also, for the ones complaining about overcrowding, the Voyager series has a space ratio of 44. With the addition of 160 passengers it will drop to around 42, which will put it on par with the Radiance class and except for the Freedom class still at 44, be better than anything else Royal or Carnival has afloat, even Oasis class at 40.

Gregg

Hi,

I like the Voyager class (have cruised on the Voyager, Explorer and Navigator) and don't think adding more cabins is a positive move. Based on the changes that are being made to the Navigator, this seems to be increasing passenger capacity but not increasing the size of the public areas. Although these ships are fairly spacious, the addition of 150 passengers won't be an improvement. Undoubtedly, areas such as the Windjammer will become more crowded at peak times.

Chuck

Archived