BARCELO OCCIDENTAL GRAND ALL Inclusive

cruiseaway7522

We spent a GREAT day at the Barceló Aruba last year. We tend to do a lot of all inclusive's now, and this was one of the best. GREAT breakfast and lunch, drinks, and a beautiful property. We will be going back the next time we are in Aruba. We covered this extensively with plenty of pictures on our Carnival Pride Repo cruise review, which can be found in my signature. The Barceló Aruba segment begins at post # 557. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

We spent a GREAT day at the Barceló Aruba last year. We tend to do a lot of all inclusive's now, and this was one of the best. GREAT breakfast and lunch, drinks, and a beautiful property. We will be going back the next time we are in Aruba. We covered this extensively with plenty of pictures on our Carnival Pride Repo cruise review, which can be found in my signature. The Barceló Aruba segment begins at post # 557. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Can’t find it or I may not know how

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have used ShoreExcursioneer multiple times and very pleased. We used them for this resort and booked again for a stop in October.

If you enjoy snorkeling you can add on an excursion that leaves from directly from the resort for about $40 pp.

We did not have any problems getting loungers, but most umbrellas, if not all, reserved for guest staying at the resort. They put us under some trees and we were fine. If you are a beer drinker bring an insulated cup. It’s served in a cheap plastic cup and by the time they deliver it’s no longer ice cold. Not a problem at the swim up bar though.

Bring a pair of shorts to change into before leaving. Local regulations prohibit you from getting into taxi or bus with wet or damp bathing suits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We have used ShoreExcursioneer multiple times and very pleased. We used them for this resort and booked again for a stop in October.

If you enjoy snorkeling you can add on an excursion that leaves from directly from the resort for about $40 pp.

We did not have any problems getting loungers, but most umbrellas, if not all, reserved for guest staying at the resort. They put us under some trees and we were fine. If you are a beer drinker bring an insulated cup. It’s served in a cheap plastic cup and by the time they deliver it’s no longer ice cold. Not a problem at the swim up bar though.

Bring a pair of shorts to change into before leaving. Local regulations prohibit you from getting into taxi or bus with wet or damp bathing suits.

Thanks for the great tips. We are thinking about booking the Barceló for our January HAL cruise. We really need shade. Are the shaded loungers around the pool also restricted to hotel guests?

Unfortunately I can’t answer that. If we were not in the pool or at the swim up bar we were on the beach.

Thank you, I'm going to contact Barceló directly to see what they say. We are also looking at the Riu. However, it is $130.00 per person for the day pass.

Thanks for the great tips. We are thinking about booking the Barceló for our January HAL cruise. We really need shade. Are the shaded loungers around the pool also restricted to hotel guests?

Here's how umbrellas and palapas work in Aruba. I am a timeshare owner in Aruba. Our vacation is in February. Christmas through early March are the busiest times in Aruba. The resorts are packed and guests scramble to get shade. Many guests get up before dawn and claim their spots. Each resort has different rules, but returning guests know the ropes, and know how to keep that spot for the day. Even though someone buys a day pass, that does not necessarily mean that they will find an umbrella or palapa. The resorts don't have enough available for the amount of guests staying at the resort, and guests quickly find out, if you snooze, you lose. There's no guarantee that you will be able to find something, but you might find a tree to sit under.

Here's how umbrellas and palapas work in Aruba. I am a timeshare owner in Aruba. Our vacation is in February. Christmas through early March are the busiest times in Aruba. The resorts are packed and guests scramble to get shade. Many guests get up before dawn and claim their spots. Each resort has different rules, but returning guests know the ropes, and know how to keep that spot for the day. Even though someone buys a day pass, that does not necessarily mean that they will find an umbrella or palapa. The resorts don't have enough available for the amount of guests staying at the resort, and guests quickly find out, if you snooze, you lose. There's no guarantee that you will be able to find something, but you might find a tree to sit under.

That situation is typically what we encounter at most all-inclusives and on cruise ships as well. The only time we have not experienced chair hogs was at luxury resorts where there were plenty of chairs and shade for everyone. We dock in Aruba at 7:00am and intend to be at the resort around 8:00am. I know from staying at other AI resorts that folks begin the towel game around 6:00am. We do have collapsible umbrellas that attach to beach chairs so if we can't get shade we will bring our own.