Warm Cookie station on Pacific Sun?

yamcrzr

This probably sounds a little odd but I have to ask (the 11yo has been dying to find out) if there are any warm cookie stations on pacific sun as there was on pacific dawn?

Thanks,

:D:D:D

Yes they do, they're in the Outback Bar and possibly in the Promenade Bar as well.

This probably sounds a little odd but I have to ask (the 11yo has been dying to find out) if there are any warm cookie stations on pacific sun as there was on pacific dawn?

Thanks,

:D:D:D

I don't think it's an odd question at all. Those cookies are yummy. I had quite a few when I was onboard although I think the ones on the Sun tasted better than the ones on the Dawn for some reason :confused:.

Yeah i think thats right - about $1.50 ea. But they are huge and very very yummy!! And now to know they also have great coffee at the same place, that might be the place for my son and I to have some catch up time together whilst onboard...

NSWP - OMG - i call a bikkie something the size of a 50cent piece, these are called "cookies" as they are huge. They are also what my 9yo at the time called them so I just went with that. Also, i don't have a problem using an american? term.

Brossy - the dawn is where my son found them (that was Jan 2008) though, from memory he says they were at La Pattiserie on plaza deck 5 and possibly Cafe del sol on lido deck.

Hope you find them next time....YUMMMMMMMM!

LOL yamcrzr, I am bilingual so knew what you meant. I have seen the word cookie in shops and cafe's in Oz.

If bikkie is short for the English term biscuit then wonder what cookie is short for.

Call me a tightwad but I am not sure if i want to pay for any food on there if i am getting good food for free.

Tracey

Size isn't a distinction though. As an example of something in both countries (now), Oreos are about 'the size of a 50 cent piece' and an example of what Americans call a cookie, but we call a biscuit. It's just a different word for the same thing used in different countries, thus it seems odd to use the American word when we have our own for the same thing.

As per the first link which is from an American perspective "In some countries the word biscuit historically refers to a hard cookie or cracker." then again "In England a biscuit is what Americans usually call a cracker or cookie."

So no difference. Same thing, different name.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived