$13 price hike on land tour !

fizzy1

Was about to book a land tour last night on our Western Med cruise out of Southampton in Sep . Had taken screen shots a while back of a couple of them and when i checked back the one we want has shot up another $13 !! I wondered if they had all gone up as the exchange rate is not good at the mo but no, some have actually gone down !! Told hubby we should have booked it up earlier !! Shall i wait till nearer the time? Could there be a sale coming up as company’s jack up prices to then lower them in a sale to make it look like you are getting a discount . I know its only $26 in total but it has peeved me off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was a sale a few weeks ago that discounted some shore excursions, none of the ones we were looking at were reduced.

Pricing go up if the excursion provider raises the prices or the excursion has limited capacity and is selling well.

No one can predict if or when another sale will occur.

There was a sale a few weeks ago that discounted some shore excursions, none of the ones we were looking at were reduced.

Pricing go up if the excursion provider raises the prices or the excursion has limited capacity and is selling well.

No one can predict if or when another sale will occur.

Indeed. Will book now

Was about to book a land tour last night on our Western Med cruise out of Southampton in Sep . Had taken screen shots a while back of a couple of them and when i checked back the one we want has shot up another $13 !! I wondered if they had all gone up as the exchange rate is not good at the mo but no, some have actually gone down !! Told hubby we should have booked it up earlier !! Shall i wait till nearer the time? Could there be a sale coming up as company’s jack up prices to then lower them in a sale to make it look like you are getting a discount . I know its only $26 in total but it has peeved me off!!

You can cancel up to a few days before your cruise date.

We booked tours on our last cruise and when a sale came on we cancelled and rebooked. Some popular tours actually fill up, we had a Pompeii tour do that and then had to settle for our second choice.

You can cancel up to a few days before your cruise date.

We booked tours on our last cruise and when a sale came on we cancelled and rebooked. Some popular tours actually fill up, we had a Pompeii tour do that and then had to settle for our second choice.

Thanks for advice .Just booked. If the price is reduced we will think about doing the same

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have stopped using ship's tours completely. Did the Med in 2015 with Royal and all private tours which were exceptional. It enriched our trip and made it much more personal.

There were 8 of us, met on the Roll Call, on each tour so we were strangers! Provence tours in Cannes, Rome Cabs for Italy, Ephesus Deluxe in Turkey and Private Greece tours in Athens. All were exceptionally well done.

No problems getting back to the ship in time. And much cheaper. Check out Trip Advisor or even the Ports of Call Board here.

Sue

We have stopped using ship's tours completely. Did the Med in 2015 with Royal and all private tours which were exceptional. It enriched our trip and made it much more personal.

There were 8 of us, met on the Roll Call, on each tour so we were strangers! Provence tours in Cannes, Rome Cabs for Italy, Ephesus Deluxe in Turkey and Private Greece tours in Athens. All were exceptionally well done.

No problems getting back to the ship in time. And much cheaper. Check out Trip Advisor or even the Ports of Call Board here.

Sue

Will do . We tend to do it on our own too

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Prices increased on many excursions for our Bermuda cruise. Mini Bus tour of island started at $96. Went on sale for $90. Nearer the cruise, price increase to $139. New marketing concept. Order early.

Wow !! There is only a couple we want . Book tonight

• 2 weeks later...

On our May 20 Fiords cruise we booked shore excursions several months before we went. On the ship several shore excursions we booked were full and one was up $100 for each of us and others $30-50 higher than we booked. Glad we did it ahead of time. Can still cancel 24 before excursion.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the price fluctuations too! I know our £ is up and down, but they vary so much. I booked several (reasonably priced) ship Baltic excursions shortly after booking as well as a 5-night dining package for 3 people. A month or so ago I had an email offering a good %age off dining packages and some excursions too! I just cancelled and rebooked saving over £200! My tip is to go ahead and book it, in the knowledge you can anytime cancel and rebook if a better deal comes along.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the price fluctuations too! I know our £ is up and down, but they vary so much. I booked several (reasonably priced) ship Baltic excursions shortly after booking as well as a 5-night dining package for 3 people. A month or so ago I had an email offering a good %age off dining packages and some excursions too! I just cancelled and rebooked saving over £200! My tip is to go ahead and book it, in the knowledge you can anytime cancel and rebook if a better deal comes along.

Yes, that’s what we have done. Thanks for info

Just did a B2B in the Mediterranean and didn't do a single ship tour. All of my private tours had 6 - 12 passengers, and were less expensive, than the ships tours. All of the tours got us back to the ship in plenty of time. Never a worry. Check out the individual ports of call chat rooms for recommendations of private tours.