"Do Not Disturb" feature on phone?

constantcruiser

Has anyone noticed if there is a "Do Not Disturb" feature on the stateroom phones on Equinox? We were aboard Infinity a few months ago and it seemed like we were constantly getting phone calls. Most came from "delivery staff" (not our cabin steward) bringing Elite gifts, chocolate-covered strawberries, cheese plates, etc. If they saw a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our cabin door, they would immediately call to ask when it would be convenient for them to come back! I even tried putting a post-it note on the door saying "Taking a Nap",,,but the phone calls came anyway. I never have time for midday naps at home, so that is one of my favorite luxuries on a cruise.

We'll be on Equinox next month, and I really don't want to be awakened to be told there's a plate of saltine crackers and smelly cheese waiting for me! By the way, we weren't in an Aqua Class or Concierge cabin, so these weren't the "daily savory treats" that you can opt out of.

We're Elite and we never got cheese plates and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room! How do we get on that list?

We certainly did...every afternoon it was something.....We were in Aqua class and first time cruising with Celebrity but we were Elite due to our D+ status on RCI.

Has anyone noticed if there is a "Do Not Disturb" feature on the stateroom phones on Equinox?......
We have not yet been on Equinox, but on other ships we just turned off the ringer on the phone when we didn't want to be disturbed.

We certainly did...every afternoon it was something.....We were in Aqua class and first time cruising with Celebrity but we were Elite due to our D+ status on RCI.

Really? Not the Concierge/Aqua afternoon things?

Honestly I think some heads need to roll, lol.

Seriously, you got them because you were Elite, no other reason? Delivered to your cabin? We've been Elite for many years now and never got anything.

Wow! Hope we get some treats delivered to the cabin! ;) We're Elite, but only because we're Diamond on Royal Caribbean, and taking our first Celebrity cruise.

I, too, like to take afternoon naps -- especially on a sea day when the ship is moving!

Seriously, you got them because you were Elite, no other reason? Delivered to your cabin? We've been Elite for many years now and never got anything.

Once many years ago we had 2 mysterious bottles of wine delivered to our cabin.

When we questioned the guy who delivered them, he just replied "They are from the ship" and immediately left.

We never did find out why we received them.

I don't even remember which ship it was, but if anyone reading this ever ordered two bottles of wine (one red, one white) and did not receive them, now you know what happened to them. ;p

We have received bottles of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, and other goodies delivered to our cabin on many cruises since then, but on all the other occasions we knew why we were receiving them and who they were from.

We know that the roses we always get on evening chic nights are from the captain's club hostess, even though there is sometimes a card with them and other times not.

We're Elite and we never got cheese plates and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room! How do we get on that list?

We were in our first suite on Celebrity last month, a Sky Suite. We received cheese plate and chocolate covered strawberries from our butler. We never requested them. Cheese plate came in the afternoon and the strawberries where there in the evening.

We are Elite + and usually travel in Aqua and have never had these as the afternoon canapes.

Oh and a bottle of wine too I forgot to list. We had originally booked a Veranda 1B but when I called to ask about changing to another cabin location which was a 1A they offered an Aqua class on Eclipse #1552 with comp internet and drink package for $180.00 total for the two of us...I had no problem saying yes to that.

I think they were trying to lure us away from RCI :')

This was an amazing itinerary May 28th Ireland, Iceland & Scotland.