post cruise Port of Vancouver Washington

weefly002

what is the nearest car rental agency after disembark at the Port of Vancouver Washington USA and how do I find them?

I have never heard of a cruise ending at Vancouver, Washington. Many cruises do begin and end at Vancouver, BC (Canada). I suppose a river cruise could get to Vancouver, WA.....but not sure that any cruise ship could even get that far up the river.

Hank

what is the nearest car rental agency after disembark at the Port of Vancouver Washington USA and how do I find them?

I'm seeing an Avis, a Hertz, and an Enterprise in Vancouver Washington.

However, Portland Oregon Airport(PDX) is only 11 miles away, so if you can get a transfer there, you will have a full selection of rental car agencies available to you, probably at cheaper prices.

....and welcome to Cruise Critic! Ignore the folks who don't know about the Columbia River cruises that leave from Vancouver WA in the USA.

You might get better answers if you post on the West Coast Departures Board,.

Edited by 138east

However, Portland Oregon Airport(PDX) is only 11 miles away, so if you can get a transfer there, you will have a full selection of rental car agencies available to you, probably at cheaper prices.

....and welcome to Cruise Critic! Ignore the folks who don't know about the Columbia River cruises that leave from Vancouver WA in the USA.

Thank you for the clarification. Just wanted the OP to make sure they were looking for a vehicle in the right location.

You are always so thoughtful and helpful! It is always informative and interesting reading your posts. I now have some reading to do in case a future trip can include some time in Vancouver, Washington. :cool: Thank you!

You are always so thoughtful and helpful! It is always informative and interesting reading your posts. I now have some reading to do in case a future trip can include some time in Vancouver, Washington. :cool: Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words. Even though I'm from Boston, I actually have lots of experience traveling to Portland because DD & DGD's have been living there for 7 years. I remember being startled the first time I saw "Vancouver" on a hotel shuttle not realizing that Vancouver WA was just across the Columbia River. I've also rented cars and stayed at PDX airport hotels numbers of times.

I am not aware of any cruise ships that disembark in Vancouver Washington.

Yes the American Queen cruise lines embarks and disembarks at this port in Washington we are on the American Empress

I am told that Enterprise Rent A Car will pick you up at the port for a car rental

I think you've actually gotten the most relevant info above already (Enterprise involves least effort for you, as they come get you) but every river cruise seems to offer shuttles to PDX or your local hotel (IIRC the Marriott is the one offered by the line in Vancouver WA, especially for pre-cruise stays, but they will also sell you downtown Portland hotels plus a transfer). Uber/Lyft as well as regular cabs operate both sides of the river, so getting yourself to Portland whether downtown or airport can likely be done much cheaper than with the cruiseline shuttle.

While it's not what you actually asked, I'll also branch out in my answer and ask you to consider whether you even NEED a rental car? Portland has the best transit system of any US city, as well as an eminently walkable downtown and more bike lanes than you can shake a stick at. Parking at hotels is pricey - so even if you plan to visit Multnomah Gorge for the falls, Vista house etc (and NB: that if your cruise is this year, odds are strong you won't be able to get to any of these as I84 cleanup is still happening), Mount Hood, the coast etc. where a car is definitely a very useful tool your downtown Portland days you simply won't need one unless you have seriously mobility-impaired folks in your party (and even then, transit is a very viable option).

So personally I'd head to Portland first for however long you can spare, and check car rental rates from downtown and airport locations for a later date in your stay. That way you minimise any parking costs and only pay for the car on days you're actually going to use it! Examples - there's a brand spanky new Hampton Inn that only opened a month or so ago on Everett that would be a superb base for walking around downtown and the Pearl district, with buses, streetcars and MAX light rail to go further afield all passing very close by too - but along with several other local hotels they don't even have their own car park making it very pricey (valets will go park it for you elsewhere for $40) or a major hassle (~5 block walk to the '$9 all day' parking garage). The Marriott in the Pearl is only a block away from that same car park, so I think their valets only charge you $30;-)

We need a car after cruise to spend 2 days in Astoria which we love and want to see more of, we found this beautiful place to rent called the Astoria Pilot House which has a beautiful interior design with a great view. Then we will head back to the Portland Airport

We need a car after cruise to spend 2 days in Astoria which we love and want to see more of, we found this beautiful place to rent called the Astoria Pilot House which has a beautiful interior design with a great view. Then we will head back to the Portland Airport

:D