Military OBC for Repeat Cruiser

azbirdmom

Hello all. We have a relative who cruised with us a couple of years ago and he submitted the info to Princess to have Military OBC applied to that cruise. He has decided to join us on our next cruise to Alaska this summer. I have heard that you only need to submit the paperwork once and the Military OBC will be applied automatically to subsequent cruises. Is it truly automatic or will he have to ask our TA or Princess to apply it? If automatic, when will it appear in Payments & Credits in the CP?

It is supposed to be truly automatic and they keep the paperwork on file, so no need to re-submit. However, I'm that person who would call Princess if it doesn't show up in the cruise personalizer. It takes a week or two to appear after you submit the paperwork. For a repeat cruiser, it should be less than that.

I have a cruise in August and have the military obc. I just booked a TA for Nov 2019 and the military obc was put on it immediately before I was off the phone with Princess.

Hello all. We have a relative who cruised with us a couple of years ago and he submitted the info to Princess to have Military OBC applied to that cruise. He has decided to join us on our next cruise to Alaska this summer. I have heard that you only need to submit the paperwork once and the Military OBC will be applied automatically to subsequent cruises. Is it truly automatic or will he have to ask our TA or Princess to apply it? If automatic, when will it appear in Payments & Credits in the CP?

My husband is a veteran and when I booked our cruise all of his information was in the Princess system and he was given the OBC

We applied for my husband back in 2014 and it took a couple of weeks for it to show up that first time on our cruise personalizer.

Knock on wood, it has shown up in the payments and credit area for the last 2 cruises automatically. I normally see it after a day of booking the cruise.

When you booked him, did the TA have his member number or just a name?

Member number since she booked his last cruise. I just got off the phone with Princess. Our last cruise apparently was before they started saving the military status so that the Captain's Circle number would automatically trigger the OBC. So he needs to resubmit the documents. Back to the drawing board!

Member number since she booked his last cruise. I just got off the phone with Princess. Our last cruise apparently was before they started saving the military status so that the Captain's Circle number would automatically trigger the OBC. So he needs to resubmit the documents. Back to the drawing board!

We went through that each time before they saved the record with the Captains Circle number, the hood news is they save it now, so this time and then it is automatic.

I may be wrong but I believe that Princess ties the military benefit to a Captains' Circle loyalty club membership number. My brother in law recently made a booking that the military benefit did not show up several weeks after making the booking. He had the travel agent contact Princess with his membership number and the benefit credit showed on his personalizer right away.

Now you know! LOL