Handicapped cabins on the Norwegiam Gem

lenquixote66

Three years ago I was diagnosed with an illness that has limited my way of traveling . My wife and I are thinking about a cruise on the Norwegian Gem in 2019 and I am trying to find a review of accessible cabins .I think I saw it once on Cruise Critic but I cannot seem to find it now .Another CC poster suggested that I post on this site.

Hi Lenny,

One of us is disabled (stroke survivor) and needs a wheelchair to get around. We sailed on the Gem a few years ago (interior wheelchair accessible cabin).

I don't remember what deck we were on but I did manage to find an on line video showing a accessible cabin on the Norwegian Gem which is almost identical to ours. Here is the link and I hope this helps.

Edited by oldguysandgalls
spelling

We sailed on the Gem a few years ago in an accessible aft penthouse. The cabin was wonderful. Only downside I recall was that you had to build a towel dam around the shower so that the floor didn’t flood. They may have a better setup now. All in all a nice cruise.

Kate

We upgraded at the last minute to an aft suite....huge cabin with the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in...loved having a lounger on the deck....it certainly had everything we needed...also had an obstructed view cabin on the dawn which i think is a sister ship...had a good sized window but with a scooter the cabin was barely big enough....on deck 8...

We have been on both the Gem and her sister ship, the Jade. Had inside cabins on both cruises. Both of us use scooters plus I had my POC along. In cabin 11147, there was a third lady with us and we still had plenty of space and was very comfortable. In 4604 (down in the dungeon), it was just the two of us with our scooters and my POC and we were also very comfortable with plenty of space. Other than sleeping and showering, we do not spend much time in the cabin. Too many wonderful things to see.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...