Contents of Celebrity ships' 14 Main Dining Room menus -- as of mid-2010

jg51

Good day, fellow CruiseCritic [CrCr] members!

I'm going to start by letting you know that this opening post is VERY long, but if you are interested in the subject mentioned in the "Title" of the thread, I think that you will not regret taking the time to read this!

Early in July, 2010, member "LustForLife" (Tammy) was aboard the Celebrity Summit for a seven-day cruise. Not long after returning, she did us all a huge favor by posting most of the contents of the seven main-dining-room [MDR] dinner menus from her cruise. She also posted the "available-every-day" menu-supplement page.

I said that she posted "most of the contents" of her seven MDR menus, because one can see the starters (appetizers, soups, salads, dressings) and the entrees, but one cannot see the desserts and ice creams/sorbet/frozen yogurt. The photos of the menus are not directly viewable within the "LustForLife" posts, but are instead enclosed in PDF attachments that Tammy linked in her thread.

I was VERY grateful to Tammy for making her menus available, because they gave me a "launching point" to begin to accomplish something I have been hoping to do -- to help me to be better prepared for being aboard a Celebrity ["X"] ship, later this year, for two to four weeks. I had read, on more than one occasion, that the "X" MDRs have fourteen menus ... so it has been my hope to collect, in advance, the contents of ALL of those menus. [i'm the kind of person who likes to know what will be available, so that I can plan what to order in the MDR, to determine when I would like to use specialty restaurants instead of the MDR, etc.. I realize that some of you would rather be "surprised" -- and live life more "spontaneously." No problem! I do respect you.]

So, after having the "LustForLife" partial menus in hand, what did I still have to hope to accomplish? I made this task list:

1. I wanted to transcribe the contents of Tammy's seven menus into a text format (e.g., MS Word document), so that I could more easily move them around and to insert missing elements. I used the word, "transcribe," above, to refer to the process of copying (keying in) the menus' text manually -- because the PDFs were of a kind (photographic) that did not allow me to "select/copy/paste" the words.

I have now accomplished this task -- and you will be able to see the menus later in this post. For ease of reference, I will call these menus "A," "B," "C," "D," "E," "F," and "G." I decided against calling them "1" through "7" after I determined that Celebrity MDRs do not necessarily use these menus in the same order, from ship to ship or from cruise to cruise -- and that other menus may "pre-empt" one or more of the seven that Tammy saw, inserting other menus that she did not see.

2. I hoped to obtain the missing desserts and ice creams/sorbet/frozen yogurt associated with menus "A" through "G."

Through searching CrCr and the Internet in general, I was able to find some photos and other threads, from the last twelve months, that provided all seven days' desserts and three days' ice cream options.

3. Out of curiosity, I hoped to identify the dishes (from appetizers through desserts) that had been replaced or deleted -- in menus "A" through "G" -- during the menu change-over that occurred between 2009 and 2010.

How did I do? By finding two sets of partial menus ("A" through "G") from 2009, in older CrCr threads, I was able to identify these changes: replacements for one appetizer, one soup, one salad, and six entrees ... and deletion of one appetizer and one dessert. [i will mention them by name later. Also, since I am missing four days' ice cream lists, I don't know if any of those changed.]

4. Most importantly, I hoped to obtain the seven missing menus ("H" through "N") in their entirety -- i.e., the ones that "LustForLife" did not see.

How did I fare? As mentioned above, I found two sets of partial menus from 2009:

The first set that I found was from "sj cruiser" (Janet), who was aboard the Infinity for a 13-night cruise in December, 2009. Wow! Right away, I had the basic contents of thirteen of the fourteen "X" menus. It turned out that seven of Janet's menus overlapped Tammy's seven. The other six were new, so an elusive fourteenth menu (#N) was still missing.

The second set of partial menus that I found was from "Tuggers" (Gail), who was aboard the Mercury for a 17-night cruise (!) in October/November, 2009. If I recall correctly, this set provided some info that had been missing from Janet's set of thirteen (e.g., six night's desserts), but unfortunately did not provide the still-elusive menu #N! That menu was apparently used on night 13, 14, or 17 of the cruise taken by "Tuggers," but she went to the buffet on at least one of those nights and did not post any of the three nights' menu options. I could tell, from one of her comments, that she mistakenly thought that she had posted all fourteen menus.

Neither of the above sets from 2009 provided a list of salad dressings that were available on menus "H" through "M," and neither provided a list of ice creams/sorbet/frozen yogurt that were available.

At this point, I need to draw a major distinction between the set of seven partial menus recently posted by "LustForLife" and the six partial menus posted last year by "sj cruiser" and "Tuggers."

As I mentioned earlier, the 2010 set were linked in eight PDFs and were photos of actual menu pages, so I could see "the fine print" -- or as I call it, "the subtitles:" the descriptive phrases, the spices, the side vegetables, the sauces, etc. -- which can be very important in helping a person to make a decision to order or to bypass something. The 2009 sets of menus, however, did not contain PDFs. Rather, they were manual transcriptions derived from six menus; they showed the "main titles" of the offerings, but they did not list "the subtitles."

SO ... what am I going to do here today?

First, I am going to share with you everything that I have been able to collect -- in a format that I hope will be useful to you (easy to read/copy/print). I will show my complete transcriptions of the eight PDFs shared with us by "LustForLife" (i.e., seven days' menus and the "always-available" supplementary page).

Second, I am going to ask all of you if you can perform a little "scavenger hunt" to fill in the gaps -- in case you have the info handy (or know how to obtain it). Here, as a recap of what I have stated earlier, is what is still needed -- in order of priority! ...

---> (a) Insertion of all the elements of elusive menu #N, the fourteenth "X" menu.

---> (b) Verification of the contents of the six 2009 menus (herein called menus "H" through "M"), each of which may have undergone an alteration or two in 2010. [Most important would be to learn of any change in entrees, of course.]

---> © Addition of the "the subtitles" for each item (especially entrees) on the six 2009 menus ("H" through "M").

---> (d) Insertion of the missing ice cream/sorbet/frozen yogurt options for all menus except "A" and "B."

---> (e) Insertion of the missing salad dressing options for the six 2009 menus ("H" through "M").

In case any of the above seems confusing, it will probably become very clear as you read through the various menus, below.

THANKS A MILLION TO ALL WHO HAVE ALREADY HELPED ME (LustForLife, sj cruiser, and Tuggers) -- and thanks, in advance, to all who will help in the days ahead. [if this turns out to be something fruitful -- that could help dozens/scores/hundreds of CrCr members, in future -- perhaps this thread could join the "Sticky" group?]

Hasta la vista!

--------------------------------------------------------

AVAILABLE-EVERY-DAY MENU ("Classic Dinner Favorites")

[iN THIS GROUP, NOTHING WAS REPLACED FROM 2009 TO 2010.]

Appetizers:

__Chilled Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail: with horseradish cocktail sauce

__Escargots a la Bourguignonne: with shallots, garlic, parsley, and Pernod butter

__Celebrity Antipasti Platter: selection of cured meats and artisan cheese, with marinated

olives and roasted red peppers [also on Tuscan Grille menu]

Soups:

__Baked French Onion Soup: with herb croutons and melted Gruyere cheese

__Creamy Lobster Bisque: with cognac cream and finely chopped tarragon

Salads:

__Caprese Salad: vine-ripe tomatoes layered with buffalo mozzarella and arugula, tossed in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette

__Classic Caesar Salad: crispy hearts of romaine lettuce, with garlic croutons and Parmesan cheese

Entrees:

__Broiled Alaskan Salmon: with boiled potatoes and grilled asparagus, served plain or with classic Hollandaise sauce [Called "Fresh," rather than "Broiled," in 2009]

__Herb Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast: with red bliss mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, honey glazed carrots, and thyme jus

__Grilled New York Sirloin Steak: with loaded baked potato, caramelized shallots, tender green beans, and beurre maitre d'hotel

__Classic Caesar Salad [like the appetizer, but with grilled chicken breast or poached shrimp]

Side Dishes:

__Baby Peas

__Steamed Green Beans

__Broccoli

__Rice Pilaf

__Mashed Potatoes

__Loaded Baked Potato with Traditional Toppings

Cheeses:

__A Selection of Domestic and Imported Cheeses, served with crackers and biscuits

Desserts:

__New York Cheesecake: with fresh homemade berry compote

__Apple Pie a la Mode: one-of-a-kind blend of golden delicious apples in seasoned brown sugar, baked in a crispy dough

__Creme Brulee: delightfully balanced vanilla-infused custard, with caramelized sugar topping

----------------------------------

MENU A

[Night 1 for "LustforLife" (Tammy) in 07/2010]

[Night 1 for "sj cruiser" (Janet) in 12/2009]

[Night 1 for "Tuggers" (Gail) in 10-11/2009]

NO MENU-ITEM REPLACEMENTS IN MID-2010:

Appetizers:

__Tropical Fruit Medley: hand-carved exotic tropical fruits, topped with lychee nut and maraschino cherry

__Chilled San Francisco Crab Louis: a composed blend of delicate blue crab claw meat, served over fresh avocado

__Tender Roasted Red Beets: roasted red beets topped with feta cheese and sherry vinaigrette, served with teardrop tomatoes and mixed greens

__Baked Farm Goat Cheese Tart: savory goat cheese tart, served warm with roasted red peppers and aged balsamic syrup

Soups:

__Wild Forest Mushroom Cappuccino (a Taste of Celebrity Summit's "Normandie" Restaurant): with porcini mushroom dust

__Angus Beef Consomme: with chiffonade of wild chives and root vegetables

__Chilled Gazpacho Andalouse: with parmesan croutons

Salads:

__Belgian Endive and Arugula Salad: with red delicious apples and candied pecans

__Red Pepper and Mesclun Salad: with toasted peanuts, pickled ginger, and fresh cilantro

Dressings: Roquefort ... Citrus ... Pinot Noir Vinaigrette ... Lemon

Entrees:

__Spaghetti alla Carbonara: rich and creamy pasta topped with crispy pancetta, chopped eggs, shaved parmesan cheese, italian parsley, and roasted garlic

__Herb Crusted Merluza: delicate Spanish white fish served with a tomato rice timbale, grilled zucchini, and ratatouille vinaigrette

__"Grandmother's Style" Coq au Vin: a classic French dish of Burgundy braised chicken with pancetta, mushrooms, and pearl onions, served with pomme mousseline and flaky puff pastry

leaf

__Lamb Shank "Tagine Style": Moroccan-spiced marinated lamb shank, slowly braised with harissa, root vegetables, dried apricots, and raisins, served over a bed of citrus-infused couscous with carrot-mint slaw

__Aged Prime Rib of Beef: coated with our signature rub and roasted to perfection, served with chive and sour cream fork mashed potatoes, sweet glazed baby carrots, green beans, and pan gravy

__Grilled Vegetable Kabob: fresh skewered and grilled seasonal vegetables served with citrus basmati rice, golden raisins, and toasted pine nuts

Desserts:

__Creme Brulee: delightfully balanced vanilla-infused custard, with caramelized sugar topping

__Profiterole au Chocolate with Praline Ice Cream: freshly baked cream puff covered with bittersweet chocolate sauce

__Raspberry Cheesecake with Mango Coulis: creamy baked cheesecake with fresh raspberry

__Warm Banana Blueberry Crepe [no sugar added]: served warm with vanilla sauce

Ice Cream, Sorbet, Frozen Yogurt:

__IC: Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, Rum Raisin, Cherry Brandy, and (no-sugar-added) Vanilla

__S: Guava

__FY: Vanilla Lychee

-----------------------------------

MENU B

[Night 2 for "LustforLife" in 07/2010]

[Night 2 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 3 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

REPLACEMENT AND DELETION IN MID-2010:

__Classic Chateaubriand Brillat-Savarin (entree) replaced by Sauteed Sage Gnocchi With Beef Cheeks

__Tulip Filled with Light Lemon Cream (dessert) deleted

Appetizers:

__Grenadine Scented Pineapple: fresh Hawaiian pineapple, paired with honeydew melon and Grenadine, served with raisin salad

__Cold Smoked Atlantic Salmon: with a cucumber dome, herbed cream cheese, toasted bagel chip, and broken salmon caviar cream

__Beef Carpaccio: delicate filet mignon, thinly sliced and layered with Dijon aioli, arugula salad, and Parmesan shavings

__Buffalo Style Frog Legs: dredged in rustic garlic-parsley butter, served with carrot and celery spears and blue cheese dressing [spiced like "buffalo wings"]

Soups:

__The Captain's Fish Bisque: with saffron essence and herb croutons

__Vegetable Consomme: with cellophane noodles and mushrooms

__Chilled Tangerine and Granny Smith Apple Soup: topped with Grand Marnier cream

Salads:

__Baby Spinach Salad: with bacon bits, chopped eggs, and crispy shallots

__Crisp Romaine Lettuce: with julienne carrots, sliced button mushrooms, chopped radish, and toasted pumpkin seeds

Dressings: Shallot Vinaigrette ... Tarragon ... Bacon Ranch ... Citrus Herb

Entrees:

__Penne Poulet Aux Truffes: our signature pasta, featuring tender chunks of boneless chicken breast, coated in Chardonnay cream sauce and mixed with basil, spinach, sun-dried tomato, white truffle oil, and grana padana, served over penne pasta with Parmesan crown and herb salad

__BBQ Glazed Chilean Sea Bass: pan-seared sea bass glazed with homemade barbecue sauce, served on sweet yellow corn-chive mashed potatoes with crispy shoestring potatoes, wilted spinach, and horseradish demi

__Quail Delight: roasted California-raised quail, with wild rice and black truffle stuffing, served over braised savoy cabbage, smoked apple-wood bacon, sauteed wild mushrooms, and sage jus

__Roasted Colorado Rack of Lamb: Dijon-crusted rack of lamb, oven roasted to perfection, served with garlic-spiked mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli florettes, cinnamon-glazed baby carrots, and rosemary lamb jus

__Sauteed Sage Gnocchi: with slow-braised beef cheeks, roasted shallots, and tender root vegetables

__Vegetable Paella: paella-style steamed vegetables with Israeli couscous and cilantro aioli crostini

Desserts:

__Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cake: chocolate sponge cake with chambord syrup, finished with a rich ganache

__Tart Tatin with Caramel Sauce: freshly baked caramelized golden apple covered with puff pastry

__Cherries Jubilee with Vanilla Ice Cream: dark sweet cherries cooked in Burgundy wine, flambeed with cherry brandy

__IC: Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, Caramel-Pecan, After Eight, and (no-sugar-added) Strawberry

__S: Coconut

__FY: Blueberry

---------------------------------

MENU C

[Night 3 for "LustforLife" in 07/2010]

[Night 3 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 2 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

REPLACEMENT IN MID-2010:

__Chicken "Ciao Bella" (Entree) replaced by Chicken "Wellington"

Appetizers:

__Ambrosia of Fresh Fruit Cocktail: tropical fruit carpaccio with fresh fruit medley and shaved plum

__Assorted Crostini per Due [a Taste of "Tuscan Grille"]: tomato and basil, olive tapenade, red pepper pesto, sun-dried tomato, arugula, mozzarella, and prosciutto stick

__Classic Vitello Tonnato: chilled roasted veal tenderloin, served thinly sliced with tuna-caper dressing and fresh arugula

__Caribbean Cod Fritters: crispy fried spiced cod fritters with island slaw and plum tomato coulis

Soups:

__Asian Consomme: with duck wonton and cabbage

__Cream of Sweet Corn Soup: with spicy chorizo and diced chives

__Traditional Leek and Potato Vicchysoise: with chicken stock and savory cream

Salads:

__Seasonal Greens Salad: with cucumbers, carrots, raisins, and balsamic vinaigrette

__Belgian Endive and Fresh Pear Salad: with celery root, dried cranberries, and candied walnuts

Dressings: Calypso ... Balsamic Vinaigrette ... Thousand Island ... Creamy Garlic

Entrees:

__Grilled Alaskan Halibut Filet: with sauteed Lyonnaise potatoes, caramelized onions, artichoke-tomato ragout, green asparagus, and herb beurre blanc

__Mediterranean Seafood Risotto: golden saffron risotto with a melange of scallops, shrimp, mussels, monkfish, roasted eggplant, and cherry tomato, garnished with Italian parsley

__Chicken "Wellington": delicate all-white-meat chicken breast, baked golden brown, with wild mushroom ragout, glazed green asparagus, grilled pear williams, and black Perigord truffle jus

__Classic Cochon a la Moutarde: tender pan-seared pork medallions, served with dreamy dijon mustard sauce, caramelized pearl onions, braised mushrooms, rice pilaf, sauteed spinach, and carrot flan

__La Francaise Entrecote Café de Paris: pan-seared aged sirloin steak with grilled jumbo green asparagus, pommes allumettes, and herb compound butter

__Lemon Ricotta Ravioli: with sauteed spinach and crunchy parmesan tuile

Desserts:

__Tiramisu

__Fondant a la banane

__Biscuit Croustillant with Dark Ganache

__Strawberry Angel Food Cake

__?

MENU D

[Night 4 for "LustforLife" in 07/2010]

[Night 4 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 4 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

REPLACEMENTS IN MID-2010:

__Osso Buco alla Milanese (Entree) replaced by Slow-Roasted Pork Belly Roulade

Appetizers:

__Citrus Delight: medley of pink grapefruit, red and green apples, and navel oranges, drizzled with cranberry apple vinaigrette

__Shellfish and Saffron Risotto [a Taste of Infinity's "SS United States"]: jumbo shrimp, scallops with tomato-fennel sauce

__Chicken Liver Parfait: chicken liver pate', crusted in toasted pistachios with micro-herb salad and ruby port reduction

__Oysters Rockefeller: baked oysters topped with creamed spinach and Hollandaise sauce

Soups:

__Baked Potato Cream Soup: with potato/garlic cream and sauteed frog legs

__Clarified Chicken Broth: with zucchini noodles and julienne carrots

__Strawberry Soup: topped with lemon zest cream

Salads:

__Green Leaf and Iceberg Lettuce: with zucchini, yellow squash, celery, scallions, and teardrop tomatoes

__Radicchio and Watercress Salad: with plum tomatoes and herb vinaigrette

Dressings: Walnut Vinaigrette ... Celebrity ... Raspberry Emulsion ... Lemon and Thyme Vinaigrette

Entrees:

__Rigatoni Bistecca: Grilled New York Strip Steak, served over rigatoni pasta and tossed with garlic cream sauce, roasted plum tomatoes, fresh arugula and button mushrooms, garnished with gorgonzola crumbles

__Lemon Sole and Shrimp Quenelles: poached lemon sole served on fennel-Pernod puree, julienne of vegetables and pommes tournees, garnished with avruga caviar and saffron and shrimp nage

__Turkey Parmigiano Reggiano: pan-seared turkey breast served over a bed of penne pasta, topped with caramelized black pudding, apple-pear coulis, potato

__Slow-Roasted Pork Belly Roulade: served with caramelized black pudding, apple-pear coulis, potato fondant, and creamy savoy cabbage compote

__Cajun Blackened Ribeye Steak: blackened, aged ribeye, served with "dirty" rice, pineapple-mango salsa, steamed broccoli florets, tobacco onions, and tarragon-citrus bearnaise

__Toasted Israeli Couscous Cake: with asparagus spears, cherry tomatoes, zucchini ribbons, and balsamic beurre blanc

Desserts:

__Flambeed Crepes Suzettes: served with Grand Marnier caramel sauce

__Chocolate Marquise: toasted pistachio sauce, a rich texture of dense dark chocolate, flavored with rum

__Coconut Creme Caramel: with crispy curry tuile, served with a thin cookie, dusted with curry powder

__Panna Cotta ala Romana (no sugar added): cooked cream with a hint of orange and lemon, served with raspberry coulis and fresh fruits

__IC: Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Butter Pecan, and (no-sugar-added) Butter Pecan

__S: Lemon Raspberry

__FY: Peach Almond

MENU E

[Night 5 for "LustforLife" in 07/2010]

[Night 8 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 6 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

REPLACEMENTS IN MID-2010:

__Oven-Roasted Tandoori Chicken (Entree) replaced by Oven-Roasted Chicken Saltimbocca

Appetizers:

__Feta & Fresh Fruit: feta cheese, ruby red grapefruit, and watermelon, drizzled with mint-lemon oil

__Curried Chicken Salad: composed blend of curried chicken, toasted sweet coconut, mixed greens, and pineapple-raisin salsa

__Vine-Ripened Tomato and Arugula Crostini: with shaved Parmesan, kalamata olives, and balsamic reduction

__Spring Rolls with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce [a Taste of "Silk Harvest"]

Soups:

__Cream of Broccoli Soup: scented with lemon oil

__Saffron Shellfish Broth: with scallops, shrimp, mussels, rouille, and fresh herbs

__Chilled Black Cherry Soup: with fresh whipped cream and mint sprig

Salads:

__Boston Lettuce and Gorgonzola Salad: with cheese wedges, red grapes, and toasted herb croutons

__Market Fresh Salad: mixed greens, plum tomatoes, cucumbers, red cabbage, and French vinaigrette

Dressings: Thousand Island ... Raspberry Vinaigrette ... Carrot-Ginger ... French Vinaigrette

Entrees:

__Seafood Fettucine: Pouille Fuisse' "drunken" shrimp, scallops, lobster, calamari, and mussels, served over fettuccine noodles, with basil marinara sauce and grated Parmesan

__Blackened Drum Fish: rubbed with special seasoning, served over coconut rice, with sauteed spinach and pineapple-mint salsa

__Oven Roasted Chicken Saltimbocca: stuffed with prosciutto and mozzarella cheese, paired with sun-dried tomato and olive crostini, Mediterranean vegetables, and lemon-caper sauce

__Mozzarella Meatballs ["JvS" Signature]: premium beef meatballs stuffed with ground turkey, buffalo mozzarella, and Italian sausage, served over linguini and tossed in signature marinara sauce

__Tender Braised Beef Short Ribs: with soft polenta, roasted shallots, steamed green beans, and pan gravy

__Honey and Marjoram Braised Barley: with brunoise of root vegetables, cherry tomatoes, drizzled honey, and marjoram-infused olive oil

Desserts:

__Gateau Fromage au Fruit de la Passion

__Pastry Cigar with Dulce de Leche

__Chocolate and Blueberry Chambord Cake

__Cherries Jubilee

__?

MENU F

[Night 6 for "LustforLife" in 07/2010]

[Night 12 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 16 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

NO REPLACEMENTS IN MID-2010:

Appetizers:

__Batonet of Pears and Apple: over confit braised fruits with aromatic cinnamon-spice dressing

__Traditional Steak Tartar: premium tenderloin beef blended with Dijon mustard, marinated capers, and red onion, served over fresh arugula

__Salmon-Gravlax: cured Atlantic salmon seasoned with fresh dill, topped with red onion-cucumber salad

__Wild Mushroom Vol-Au-Vent: dark truffle cream and demi-glace sauteed mushrooms served in a delicate puff pastry

Soups:

__Chicken and Corn Chowder: with roasted yellow corn

__Duck Consomme: with shiitake mushrooms, leeks, and sugar snap peas

__Smooth Green Pea and Mint Soup: with chilled pureed green peas

Salads:

__Mediterranean Baby Green Salad: with artichokes, roasted peppers, and grilled zucchini

__Seasonal Mixed Lettuce: with cucumber, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and scallions

Dressings: Cream Garlic ... Tarragon ... Lemon Thai ... Thyme and Rosemary Vinaigrette

Entrees:

__Barolo Braised Beef Short Rib Lasagna: grain-fed braised beef short rib, layered with caramelized onions, egg noodles, and Wisconsin cheddar cheese, garnished with wilted spinach and topped with Barolo wine sauce

__Momma's Pork Chops: "homestyle" double-coated bone-in pork chops, flash-fried golden brown, served with sweet marshmallow potatoes, sauteed string beans, and zesty cider-raisin sauce

__Lobster Melange: roasted half rock lobster tail, with sauteed jumbo tiger shrimp and bay scallops, served on a bed of lobster risotto, with green asparagus and herb salad

__Mediterranean Style Cornish Game Hen: braised in a saffron, green olive, and ginger broth, served over cumin-infused skin potatoes, glazed carrots, green zucchini, and drizzled with thyme-infused extra virgin olive oil

__Tournedos Rossini ["Celebrity's Signature"]: pan-seared medallions of beef tenderloin, topped with foie gras, morel mushrooms, pearl onions, and black truffle ragout, served with roasted potatoes, sauteed haricots verts, burgundy braised shallots, and sauce perigourdine

__Grilled Eggplant Ratatouille Napoleon: layered eggplant, ratatouille vegetables, and crispy potato chips, served with Parmesan crisp, oregano, and roasted red pepper coulis

Desserts:

__Baked Alaska

__Gateau Chocolat Blanc Macadamia

__Roulade au Citron

__?

MENU G

[Night 7 for "LustforLife" in 07/2010]

[Night 5 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 5 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

REPLACEMENTS AND DELETION IN MID-2010:

__Crab & Corn Cake (Appetizer) replaced by Spinach Turnover

__Crispy Duck Confit Tortellini Amuse Bouche (Appetizer) deleted

__Cream of Butternut Squash (Soup) replaced by Roasted Pumpkin Soup

__Goat Cheese and Arugula (Salad) replaced by Green Leaf and Radicchio Lettuces

__Glazed Virginia Ham Steak (Entree) replaced by Veal Cordon Blue

__Petit Filet Mignon (Entree) replaced by Classic French Pot-au-Feu

Appetizers:

__Supreme of Chilled Melon Midori: with fresh seasonal melon balls, Midori liqueur, and fresh mint chiffonade

__Warm Goat Cheese Croustillant [a tast of Constellation's "Ocean Liners" Restaurant]: red and yellow sweet bell pepper salad, with olive and parsley pesto

__Roasted Provencal Vegetable Napoleon: layered zucchini, yellow squash, and red peppers, served with cubed feta and oregano vinaigrette

__Spinach Turnover: ricotta and spinach-stuffed puff pastry, with creamy Emmental cheese sauce, black olives, and minced Italian parsley

Soups:

__Market Vegetable Minestrone: scented with lemon oil

__Creamy Baked Potato Soup: with smoked bacon and scallions

__Roasted Pumpkin Soup: pureed with butternut squash, anjou pear, and cinnamon

Salads:

__Sliced Tomato and Red Onion Salad: with iceberg lettuce and sprinkled lemon pepper

__Green Leaf and Radicchio Lettuces: with radish, smoked bacon, and toasted croutons

Dressings: Creamy Mustard ... Lemon-Pepper ... Russian ... Celebrity Vinaigrette

Entrees:

__Penne Pasta Quattro Formaggi: delicate four-cheese pasta, blending mozzarella, Parmesan, provolone, and sun-dried tomato fontina with sauteed spinach

__Seared Tuna Steak: prepared Asian style, with sesame-crusted yellow-fin tuna and stir-fried bok choy, bean sprouts, and waterchestnuts, served over steamed jasmine rice, with ginger emulsion, soy syrup, and toasted peanuts

__Oven Roasted Tom Turkey: with the traditional trimmings, including oyster-sage stuffing, string bean gratin, candied sweet potatoes, giblet gravy, and cranberry relish

__Veal Cordon Blue "Our Way": tender veal cutlet, layered with ham, prosciutto, fresh sage, melted provolone cheese, and sun dried tomato, lightly coated and pan fried to perfection, served with baby vegetables, mushroom ragout, and Marsala sauce

__Classic French Pot-au-Feu: slowly braised beef shoulder and succulent root vegetables, served in its own braising broth with fresh horseradish sauce, Dijon mustard, cornichons, and pickled pearl onions

__Vietnamese Yellow Curry with Potatoes: with coconut milk, sauteed carrots, bell peppers, celery root, and snap peas, served over lime-jasmine rice

Desserts:

__Sacher Torte with Apricot Compote

__Gratin de Poire

__Marzipan Amaretto Cake

__Cannoli Tutti Frutti

?

-------------------------------------

MENU H

[Not seen by "Lust for Life"]

[Night 6 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 10 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

REPLACEMENTS IN MID-2010 UNKNOWN, IF ANY!

Appetizers:

__Fresh Papaya, Mango, and Kiwi Cocktail

__Five Spice Crusted Ahi Tuna Carpaccio

__Marinated Bell Pepper and Portobello Mushroom Terrine

__Crispy Sauteed Sweetbread and Potato Pancake Napoleon

Soups:

__Oven Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup

__Cajun Style Seafood Gumbo

__Creamy Chilled Haas Avocado Soup

Salads:

__Asian Salad

__Crisp Garden Green Salad

Dressings: ?

Entrees:

__Ahi Tuna Steak

__Chicken Alfredo

__Canard a l'Orange

__Sirloin Oscar ["JvS Signature"]

__Lamb Chops Provencal

__Golden Baked French Pot Pie

Desserts:

__Alsatian Tarte aux Pommes

__Kahlua Cream Pie w/Café Sauce

__Frosty Ice Bombe

__Pineapple Upside Down Cake

__?

MENU I

[Night 7 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 11 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

Appetizers:

__Basket of Caramelized Mango

__Country Style Pate

__Warm Montrachet Goat Cheese & Potato Gratin

__Lump Crab and Smoked Salmon

Soups:

__Creamy Shellfish Bisque

__Butternut Squash

__Cucumber Yogurt Soup

Salads:

__Panzanella Salad

__Greek Salad

Entrees:

__Celebrity's Signature Flounder

__Mama's Pasta Bolognese

__Honey Roasted Pecan Chicken

__Burgundy Braised Lamb Shank

__Mediterranean Style Aged Sirloin Steak

__Vegetable & Ricotta Cheese Stuffed Conch Shells

Desserts:

__Chocolate Chiffon Pie

__Coconut Dacquoise, Passion Mousse

__Warm Cinnamon Apple Crumble a la Mode

__Chiquita Millefeuille

__?

MENU J

[Night 9 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 9 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

Appetizers:

__Chilled Fresh Fruit

__Tuscan Grille Antipasti Platter

__Marinated Red Snapper Escabeche

__Roasted Vegetables & Goat Cheese Crostini

Soups:

__Market Vegetables and Noodles

__Cream of Cauliflower

__Spicy Tropical Gazpacho

Salads:

__Mesclun Greens, Cherry Tomatoes, Grapes, and Raisin Salad

__Romaine, Radicchio, and Cucumber Salad

Entrees:

__Rigatoni Prosciutto Crudo

__Orange Roughy Souffle

__Celebrity Shrimp Scampi

__Chicken Chiquita

__Grainfed Boneless Beef Short Rib

__Mediterranean Phyllo Tart

Desserts:

__Marbled Cheesecake

__Gateau Framboise-Lychee

__Warm Apricot Pistachio Clafoutis

__Blackberry-Anise Nougat Glace

__?

MENU K

[Night 10 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 7 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

Appetizers:

__Carpaccio of Melon and Pineapple

__Orange Zest and Citrus-Cured Salmon Rillettes: with radicchio salad

__Pheasant Terrine: dark cherry confit

__Maine Lobster Ravioli: with wilted spinach

Soups:

__Cream of Chicken

__Japanese Vegetable Consomme

__Chilled Tropical Fruit

Salads:

__Hearts of Lettuce

__Mixed Greens, Julienne of Red Pepper Salad

Entrees:

__Drunken Shrimp Linguine

__Pan Fried Tilapia Indian Style

__Sauteed Muscovy Duck Breast

__Italian Veal Medallions

__Argentinean Steak Churrasco

__Vegetables Wellington

Desserts:

__Sweet Strawberry Cake

__Tangy Lemon Curd Tart

__Warm Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream

__?

MENU L

[Night 11 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 8 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

Appetizers:

__Fresh Fruit Minestrone

__Thinly Shaved San Daniele Prosciutto

__Scottish Smoked Salmon and Cheese Ball

__Poached Anjou Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese

Soups:

__Cream of Broccoli

__Angus Double Beef Consomme

__Musk Melon

Salads:

__Romaine, Frisee, Escarole Lettuce Salad

__Farm Fresh Lettuce, Tomatoes Salad

Entrees:

__Pappardalle con Funghi

__Crispy Grouper

__Blanc de Poulet aux Champignons

__Mushroom Crusted Rack of Colorado Lamb

__Classic French Pot-au-feu

__Gorgonzola & Creamy Spinach, Buffalo Mozzarella

Desserts:

__Cocoa Meringue and Brandy Truffle Sauce

__Raspberry Praline Cake

__Bananas Foster

__Café Pot de Crème

__?

MENU M

[Night 13 for "sj cruiser" in 12/2009]

[Night 12 for "Tuggers" in 10-11/2009]

Appetizers:

__Shaved Cantaloupe & Honeydew

__Thai Marinated Beef Salad

__Crispy Potato Gnocchi

__Tender Braised Duck Leg

Soups:

__Louisiana Gumbo-not good

__Forest Mushroom Broth-not good

__Chilled Tropical Fruit Nage

Salads:

__Watercress, Orange & Avocado Salad

__Duo of Baby Mizuna

Entrees:

__Pan Seared Tilapia Filet

__Toasted Orzo Pasta

__Thai Coconut Shrimp

__Osso Buco alla Milanese [on Infinity 12/09] or Veal Schnitzel [on Mercury 11/09]

__Oven Roasted Peppercorn Prime Rib

__Pan Fried Coconut Tofu

Desserts:

__Hawaiian Coconut Crème Brulee

__Opera Cake Cacahuete

__Pomme-Myrtille Pithivier

__Paris Meets New York

__?

MENU N

[This menu was not seen by "Lust for Life" nor by "sj cruiser." It was apparently used on night 13, 14, or 17 of the cruise taken by "Tuggers," but she went to the buffet on at least one of those nights and did not list any of those three nights' MDR menu options.]

Appetizers:

__?

Soups:

__?

Salads:

__?

Dressings:

__?

Entrees:

__?

Desserts:

__?

__?

This is great. I hope that we will be able to maintain an updated list of menus on CC. This makes a lot more sense that having to scour the Internet looking for menus posted on various web sites.

Thanks a bunch.

i'm very excited about this! thanks so much for your hard work putting this together! i've been very interested in the 2nd 7 days as i'm going on a 16 night cruise in the fall. hopefully most people can help you out! thanks again!

GREAT EFFORT AND GREAT JOB! THANK YOU FOR TAKING THIS ON AND PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER! JOB WELL DONE!

NOW! If someone would be inspired enough to do this same thing for BLU. Any takers? I would love to say I will take the first 7 days, but I am not cruising again until 12/3/2011.

Wow, what an amazing job. We will be on our first Celebrity cruise in November and after seeing what is in store for us I am going on a starvation diet right now!!!

Thank you for taking the time and effort, I am sure there are many people (myself included) who are most appreciative.

Hello to all.

I'm very touched by the compliments and expressions of gratitude. I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading the menus -- and that they have already begun to be helpful (even in their incomplete state).

Now, if only some kind folks [even someone from "X" itself?] will be able and willing to fill in the gaps, especially menu #N?

jg51

PS: A special "hat tip" to "satchiesmom" for being a "double-dipper" (noticing both the beverage-list thread and this menu thread). I guess that when I get a "bee in my bonnet," I don't hold back! This time, I got two bees, and I wanted to share the "honey" with everyone, because so many CrCr members are so generous with time and info.

Thank you so much. One would have to look far and wide to find someone like you; through the goodness of your heart to take on such a big job both in the drinks and now the menus...May God bless you with happiness and all good things. :cool:

Wow! Thanks so much for this.....we are booked on Silhouette for a Med cruise in Sept 2011 and we elected NOT to book in AQ because of friends travelling with us and I was concerned about not eating in Blu, which we loved on Solstice....now I'm actually EXCITED and can't wait to try many of these dishes....Thanks again for all your work!!!

As someone who loves to see the food choices ahead of time, I'm crazy about this post. We are on 12 nights in the med on Century, and I no longer have to imagine all our wonderful meals. Recently I found a listing of Blu menus from another poster that I cut/pasted in preparation for our Eclipse cruise in an AQ cabin...I'll have to lose all the weight from our Century trip in order to indulge on our Eclipse cruise...thank goodness they are 2 months apart and we intend to walk around all 8 of those med ports :)

kitkat9438 *

Cool Cruiser

*Day 1

APPETIZERS

Grilled Tamarind Glazed Quail

Cinnamon Pickled Carrots, Tabbouleh Salad

Chilled Seafood Nappolean

Cucumber Carpaccio, Saffron Vinagrette

BLU Cheese Soufflé

Candied Anjou Pear and Port Wine Reduction*

SOUPS & SALADS

Chilled Avacado and Lemon Soup