Seattle Seafood and Downtown Restaurant ideas

cruzgryphon

I'll preface by saying I've looked at the Trip Advisor and the other Seattle thread on here - so hopefully there won't be too much overlap.

This will be my second trip to Seattle - staying at the Westin downtown for a day before cruise next month. First trip to Seattle had dinner at Anthony's and absolutely loved it.

That being said, for this trip I'm looking for seafood restaurant suggestions for a late, casual lunch (after 1pm), hopefully somewhere between Pike Place Market and the Westin. Seafood wise - love crab, chowder, scallops, shrimp dishes (no Oysters).

For the evening I'm thinking of Serious Pie, Dahlia Lounge, Wild Ginger - any other suggestions.

Thanks,

CG

Have you looked at

yelp.com

it give local restaraunt reviews. I wouldn't put ivars in the Anthonys equation. What I like is McCormick and Schmicks on Lake union. While now a chain it started in Portland. They have locations downtown but the one on Lk Union you could reach by the streetcar line close to the Westin. Take it Lk Union and the restaraunt is on the water in the AGC bldg. Its a one long block walk but I enjoy it. Its in the anthony's quality but a little more casual. I always go for happy hour but you might google them. I eat in the bar as it has a great views of the water and the seaplane 'airport' is right in front making for some nice scenery.

Thanks for the suggestions and input. Should have mentioned in my first post that I was looking for something more casual than Anthony's.

CG

Pike Place chowder and Piroshky Piroshky are 2 of my favorites @ Pike place.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you mentioned Tom Douglas places like Serious Pie and Dahlia Lounge - look at his Lola menu and consider the Big Tom Meal - we loved it and it was so much fun served family style and involved so many foods that we usually wouldn't have tried. We also stayed at the Westin and it's so close to Lolas. We hope to go back on our next trip and would do the Big Tom again.

Archived