Suite Amenities Package, personal experience or info anyone?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has booked the Suite Amenities Package on the Eurodam?

This looks fantastic for someone like my mom who probably does not use the concierge, or go to the lounge at all, but likes everything else. She could probably get a SZ suite and have this and be pretty happy.

Does anyone know how big the bottles of liquor are, of if you can get champagne/sparkling wine instead of red or white wine?

Any information or personal experience would be great!

With a Suite Amenities Package, you'll receive in-suite beverages upon embarkation with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor. In addition you'll enjoy a $50 beverage card, a monogrammed bathrobe to relax, fresh cut flowers, complimentary laundry and pressing*, a daily high tea or cold canapés delivered to your stateroom, and an elegant dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill. This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages. *Charges apply for dry cleaning. Price applies to double occupancy on voyages 7-10 days.

Hi!

I was lucky enough to receive a gift of a suite amenities package. :D The bottles of liquor were huge, more than we could drink during the cruise. You select your beverages from a good size list.

We really enjoyed the perks and I use my monogrammed robe still as it is of wonderful quality!

I found the package to be a really good value. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did!

Edited by localady

all of HAL's liquor bottles are one litre. Wine is traditionally 750 ml. Normally if you get sparkling wine or 'champagne' you can switch it for red or white wine, so I would think the same would hold in reverse.

what a nice gift. If she doesn't need the Neptune lounge, I am sure she will really appreciate this:D

Edited by kazu

I think $379 is a deal-

What do you guys think? I tried to kind of add it up, and I felt like it was a really good deal.

-$50 PG

-$50 beverage card

-$100 ($50 ea maybe?) Robes

-$29 champagne x2 60

-Liquor? Maybe $30? i don't know, don't really drink liquor- $60

That is $318 already-

Then the high tea, who knows, and the other stuff?

Having High Tea in cabin alone would be worth it to me, and I know my mom would absolutely love it.

On our first HAL cruise, we were in a suite, and I truely felt that the Tea & the laundry made it worth it. The other stuff was great of course, but if there is anything I had to have is tea and laundry! Now that HAL is offering thier DVD's to everyone (the ships services gal I talked to said people rarely use it) I think my mom will be in heaven on her first cruise. List went on for days.

Whenever we stayed in a nice hotel with a lounge or club access she never once used it! So maybe this will be a good fit for my shy mom who loves to just sit and watch movies and hang out in her room.

Thanks for all of your help- ships services didnt have much info, they just said all of the things have to be chosen once onboard.

Will I need to buy some mixers to go with the Liquor? Ships services wasnt sure.

Thanks for all of your help.

We have paid for the Suite Amenities Package for our cruise on the Eurodam in August for 29 nights. I found it in 'Indulgences' then under 'Packages'. The laundry got me and the tea/canapes quickly followed. Have not done it before, so am keen to see just how good it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the party here, but I need clarification.

I see the Suite Amenities package too, is this available for a guest in any cabin to purchase?

This looks like a great value... if it is...

The reason I ask is, it is available for me to purchase and I'm not booked in a suite. I'm in F catagory.

Edited by sssteph

We purchased it on our Eurodam trip last year and found it was great. We swapped our choice to high tea 1/2 way through the trip which was also fun!

Another great thing we found was that you can chose what time you would like it delivered, so we arranged to have it delivered at the time we expected to get back from our trips and always found it waiting in our room ... nothing like having that cup of tea ready when you get back after a day exploring.

And the robes made great gifts (since you can choose what monogram you would like!).

Ended up donating out left over alchol to our great room stewards since we couldn't drink it all and could not take it with us.

We are transiting the canal in April 2012. We have only booked an SY this cruise as there is a 'significant' price difference between the superior and deluxe verandas. I checked last night and saw that the Suite Amenities package is not available for this cruise. We do use all that is included so it would be a good deal for us. I was going to get it if it were. Alas. . not available (or at least not yet) for the 14-day cruise.

Does anybody know if this is something that might be available to be priced if we asked Ship Services or our PCC?

Dennis

Would also love to know if people in any cabin can request this package. I noticed when I logged in with my booking number (VD-verandah) it was available to purchase - in theory. But I wasn't sure if they would actually let me buy it.

We are transiting the canal in April 2012. We have only booked an SY this cruise as there is a 'significant' price difference between the superior and deluxe verandas. I checked last night and saw that the Suite Amenities package is not available for this cruise. We do use all that is included so it would be a good deal for us. I was going to get it if it were. Alas. . not available (or at least not yet) for the 14-day cruise.

Does anybody know if this is something that might be available to be priced if we asked Ship Services or our PCC?

Dennis

Dennis, it's probably not just listed yet as your sailing is still a bit away. I would definitely call ship services - they should be able to tell you what the price will be. Are you sailing on the Zuiderdam? I know last time we went on the Zuiderdam, it was available. I thought it was pretty standard to be offered on all the ships . Definitely give them a shout

Are all the features in the Suite Amenities packages included in the high-end suites? We booked a deluxe veranda suite for an upcoming cruise. It says nothing about the wine/liquor being included (other than the welcome champagne). Also, although bath robes are in the suite, it certainly does not say they are yours to keep. Some things like the high tea are included in the suites but not most of the other stuff in the package. If they are not included is there a package available for those in the high-end suites?

Dennis, it's probably not just listed yet as your sailing is still a bit away. I would definitely call ship services - they should be able to tell you what the price will be. Are you sailing on the Zuiderdam? I know last time we went on the Zuiderdam, it was available. I thought it was pretty standard to be offered on all the ships . Definitely give them a shout

Thanks Jacqui

That is what I had hoped. We will be on the Westerdam for the repositioning.

Dennis

I called Ship Services and the price for our next 14 day cruise on NA is $469. If you add up the things included in the package you come fairly close to the cost, so really no savings.

I'm sure as a gift it would be great.

Thanks Annemarie

I think when folks had costed it out before they found the same thing. Savings were not the prime driver for us, just the convenience.

BTW, we toured the Pier (sorry forgot the number) Museum when we were in Halifax off Maasdam in June. In the museum was a display of all the ships that brought post WWII refugees to Canada. I noted that your first HAL cruise was the Leerdam in 1952. Any relationship?

Dennis

Thanks Annemarie

I think when folks had costed it out before they found the same thing. Savings were not the prime driver for us, just the convenience.

BTW, we toured the Pier (sorry forgot the number) Museum when we were in Halifax off Maasdam in June. In the museum was a display of all the ships that brought post WWII refugees to Canada. I noted that your first HAL cruise was the Leerdam in 1952. Any relationship?

Dennis

Yes, I was just a wee baby when we sailed to a new life in Canada. My mom was terribly sick the whole crossing and we finally got her on her second 'cruise' a couple of years ago on Noordam. She handled that cruise just fine, no sea sickness.

I have a package paid for, but have been told that only a limited number are available per cruise. The cost for a 29 night cruise for us was US$670 for double. It may not be a GREAT bargain, but the laundry/tea/etc is good for us and also heaps cheaper than paying for a Suite. I'm still unsure when we get to select drink choices, but assume it will be once we board. Am becoming excited now as only 2 weeks of waiting remain...:D:D It has been a long 15 months.

I have a package paid for, but have been told that only a limited number are available per cruise. The cost for a 29 night cruise for us was US$670 for double. It may not be a GREAT bargain, but the laundry/tea/etc is good for us and also heaps cheaper than paying for a Suite. I'm still unsure when we get to select drink choices, but assume it will be once we board. Am becoming excited now as only 2 weeks of waiting remain...:D:D It has been a long 15 months.

We had the drinks waiting for us when we arrived, however neither were to our liking. A quick trip to front desk quickly fixed that and they let me select 2 new bottles from a list they had available and changed them over with in the hour!

I guess this "limited number" may be why I can't find these packages anymore. I'm booked on the 11/14/11 Zuiderdam, and the packages were listed just a few days ago, but not anymore:(