Suite Amenities Package, personal experience or info anyone?

To be honest, I only came across the package by accident one day and Hubby was in a good mood and said 'go for it' and so I did. Now I know about them I may do it more often if this coming trip is successful.

Follow-up

I did email our PCC and asked if Suite Amenities would be available for our Westerdam canal transit next April. He contacted Ship Services and 'yes' it is available. As I suspected all of the packages are undergoing pricing reviews so not all packages show up for all cruises yet. We were quoted a price and I did purchase it. Still hoping for a nice upsell in April :)

So the bottom line is. If you don't see something yet go ahead and check with Ship Services. Have your booking number ready.

Dennis

I've been led to believe that laundry and pressing is unlimited. Obviously I will not abuse the use, but it will certainly be nice to know that it is available when required. Packing has been made easier for us as we only have limited weight allowance on the flight, and our cruise will be requiring some warm clothing which equals more weight.

Does anyone know if the laundry services in the package are unlimited?

From the list Ship Services sent me this morning, it says complimentary laundry and pressing. I assume that means unlimited. If it wasn't, it seems like it would have specified a number (like 2 bags or something to that effect). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Really considering buying this for my next cruise, but I've got a question that requires somebody who's already bought it to answer. I'm going through the value received for cost paid calculations and I can't quite tell from the package details.

Its like $279 for a Single or $379 for a Double occupancy. So basically I'm trying to figure out what I'm getting for my $100, along with is it worth it to purchase at all.

The liquor and wine stays the same, the flowers stay the same, pressing and laundry are priced per cabin anyway so they should stay the same, I believe you still only get 1 beverage card, the dinner at the Pinnacle Grill goes from 1 to 2 people. But that only accounts for $25 in increased value.

The ability to breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill on the last day also is for 2 people vs 1, although I doubt that costs them more money since you'd get a 2-top table anyway. But we'll count that as added value.

I assume the canapes or high tea "double" in that they provide more food since they're two of you vs just one. Can somebody who's gotten them comment on what either or both of them entailed. I see you can buy 12 assorted canapes for $14 via the indulgances packages, but golly thats expensive. I doubt what they're delivering to the room are the same, or are they?

That brings us to the final bit of the equation - the bathrobe. The text doesn't change between the single or double so I can't quite tell if when I purchase the package in its double form if I get 1 or 2 bathrobes. It seems silly if they don't increase the bathrobe to 2 when they're charging you $100 more but I wanted to confirm with somebody who'd bought it what they got. Doubt hubby would use his but I could always give his to my Mom as a thank you - we didn't get one when we cruised the Statendam and she loved it. Thanks in advance!

We are thinking of buying one of these packages on our 14 day to hawaii--

some questions:

1. Do you get two robes with the for two package--it is not clear on the description.??

2. when to you pick the wine and spirits after your on board or when you order??

3.does anyone have the list of wines/booze they have to select from??

Thanks

Big Green

2. when to you pick the wine and spirits after your on board or when you order??

Thanks

Big Green

I asked Ship Services the same thing yesterday and here is their email reply:

You will receive a list of wines and liquors to choose from in your stateroom. You are able to select two bottles of wine and two liquor options. Unfortunately I do not have the list available to send out prior to sailing.

I asked Ship Services the same thing yesterday and here is their email reply:

You will receive a list of wines and liquors to choose from in your stateroom. You are able to select two bottles of wine and two liquor options. Unfortunately I do not have the list available to send out prior to sailing.

Thanks for the reply--that helps--any info on the robes??

Big Green

Thanks for the reply--that helps--any info on the robes??

Big Green

I didn't ask specifically but just assumed because of the cost that it includes 2 if there are 2 in the cabin. Hopefully someone who's bought the package for 2 people will confirm.

Something very interesting I found out today--

1. if there are two of you, you can book a 1 person package if you want to.

AND

2. If one does not want the bathrobes, or bathrobes, we can turn it in for $49.50 shipboard credit ea, as well as the pinnacle grill dinner for $25 ea, Same goes for unopened bottles of alcohol or wine if one chooses to do so.

Not for flowers, or things with no pre determined price like afternoon tea or canapes, etc.

Heard this directly from ships services today. Very good news, as it makes this package perfect for us as we want everything but the dinner and bathrobes.

Edited by surfergirle

Surfergirle. Thank you for that very interesting information. Sounds good. I have checked on my sailing, under indulgences and packages, but couldn't see the suite package. Maybe it is too early.

i was told that cruises longer than 10 days will not have the packages listed on line--you need to call customer service to get the pricing as it varies by amount of days of the cruise.

BG

Hi all,

Does anybody have confirmation of how many beverage cards you receive for the double package please? I have been told you receive 1 with the single and 2 with the double but I see no actual confirmation of this on the website.

Many thanks:D

hi, i ordered the suite amenites package and requested the alcohol setup info and was e-mailed this info a few days ago. hope it helps.

Beverages in this list can be chosen for the various packages that include an initial beverage set up.

2 for 1 means: If guests like to have a Crown Royal, it would equal 2 bottles of the standard set-up of beverages available.

4 for 1 means If guests like to have a Remy Martin it would be equal to all 4 of the standard set-up of beverages available.

Signature Package Beverage Selection

Scotch/Whiskey

Comments

Seagrams 7

Standard

Seagrams VO

Standard

Cutty Sark

Standard

Canadian Club

Standard

Jim Beam

Standard

Johnnie Walker Red

Standard

J&B Rare

Standard

Ballentine's

Standard

Crown Royal

2 for 1

Jameson Irish

2 for 1

Dewars

2 for 1

Jack Daniels

2 for 1

Chivas Regal 12 yrs

2 for 1

Johnnie Walker Black

2 for 1

Cognac

Hennessy VS

4 for 1

Remy Martin VSOP

4 for 1

Gin

Beefeater

Standard

Tanqueray

Standard

Bombay Sapphire

2 for 1

Liqueurs

Southern Comfort

Standard

Kahlua

Standard

Bailey's Irish Cream

Standard

Sambuca - Opal Nera

2 for 1

Tia Maria

2 for 1

Amaretto

2 for 1

Cointreau

2 for 1

Drambuie

2 for 1

Grand Marnier

2 for 1

Vodka

Smirnoff

Standard

Skyy Vodka

Standard

Finlandia

Standard

Stolichnaya

Standard

Absolut

Standard

Absolut Citron

Standard

Tanqueray Sterling

Standard

Grey Goose

2 for 1

Chopin

2 for 1

Belvedere

2 for 1

Rum

Myers

Standard

Bacardi Gold

Standard

Bacardi White

Standard

Sherry

Sherry Harvey's Medium

2 for 1

Tio Pepe

2 for 1

Tequila

Jose Cuervo Gold

Standard

Standard

Wine Selection from the Naviator's Choice

MONDAVI PRIV.SEL.JOHANNISBERG RIESLING

Standard

MONKEY BAY CHARDONNAY

Standard

CALITERRA CHARDONNAY

Standard

DANZANTE PINOT GRIGIO

Standard

BLACKSTONE SAUVIGNON BLANC, CA

Standard

SYLVESTER KIARRA RESERVE, CAB. SAUV. ,CA

Standard

THREE BLIND MOOSE CABERNET SAUVIGNON

Standard

LABOURE ROI, PINOT NOIR,FRANCE

Standard

VERAMONTE MERLOT,CHILE

Standard

RAVENSWOOD ZINFANDEL, CA

Standard

REMOLE I FRESCOBALDI, ITALY

Standard

TWIN FIN SHIRAZ

Standard

Any information on what is included with the afternoon tea would be appreciated. I've only done the afternoon tea in the MDR on Princess once, years ago, so I'm not sure what this would include.

Also, if you do purchase ahead of time does the cost go towards your credit for a days bonus for being over $300 onboard spending? I'm not very clear on that concept as Princess didn't offer anything like that.

Thanks!

Just got off the phone with Theresa of ship services. She clarified for the double package:

There are 2 robes (which are monogrammed on the ship--so you can choose your letters, name, etc). But you CANNOT turn them in for OBC as the package components can't be broken up (although she said what guest services does on the ship may vary from the stated policy...).

There is only 1 beverage card and 1 alcohol setup, 1 bouquet of fresh flowers.

Laundry is for the cabin, no real limits.

Also if there are 2 persons on a booking, you CANNOT book the single package.

Hope that helps. I think we'll still keep our package. Wish there were 2 beverage cards, though!

Just got off the phone with Theresa of ship services. She clarified for the double package:

There are 2 robes (which are monogrammed on the ship--so you can choose your letters, name, etc). But you CANNOT turn them in for OBC as the package components can't be broken up (although she said what guest services does on the ship may vary from the stated policy...).

Hope that helps. I think we'll still keep our package. Wish there were 2 beverage cards, though!

Thanks for the update, much appreciated :D

Hi there,

I have an email stating so,

so I am just going to go with it since I already have it.

The monogram isnt done until you are on the ship, so that is why you can do it the rep stated.

Edited by surfergirle

Yes, you can book 1 person.

Kind Regards,

Hi,

Selected items such as Pinnacle Grill Dinner Vouchers, Bathrobes, Beverage cards etc. can be redeemed as Onboard Credit at the front desk. Please note: items such as flowers, open bottles of wine, laundry service and parcially used beverage cards NOT not be redeemed for onboard credit.

Kind Regards,

Thanks so much for the reply (belated thanks). Now I know! Unfortunately the promotor canceled the cruise I was going on - the boat is still sailing, but the group we were doing isn't. Still great info for a different cruise some time.

• 1 month later...
On the Oosterdam for two people which is required if you have two booked into the cabin it was $469 for 14 day cruise. I double checked and that is what it is.

BG

I have emails from HAL stating otherwise, but since we booked the deluxe suite instead of the SU, we decided not to book it. I will however be booking it as a gift for someone. I wonder why HAL gave mixed answers overall. I really doubt that the front desk would deiny it to me when I have it in writing if I had ever decided to book it. We do not do Pinnicle, (just wasnt for us) and would have to ship the robes.