Epic - Spa Pass or Posh Pass?

Shelbydarling

My husband and I will be on the December 10 Epic sailing. We like to have a spot on the ship where we can hang out and it isn't crowded. I am thinking of purchasing spa passes or Posh passes for the week. However, I do not think we can afford both. I am having a hard time choosing. Does anyone know which one would be better and why? Also, are the parts of the spa that is included in the pass coed? If not, I might lean toward the Posh passes so that we would be able to spend our time together.

Thanks so much!!!

~Shelby

I wouldn't go for both. I can tell there are only maybe about 4 to 6 lounges and not in the sun in the spa.

So we chose to purchase Posh pass and was worth every penny, lots of seating, lounges umbrellas and pad chairs and a private bar.

Looking down at the pool area and seeing the lounges on top of one another with barely enough space between each to slide a beer bottle would have drove me crazy.

I wouldn't go for both. I can tell there are only maybe about 4 to 6 lounges and not in the sun in the spa.

So we chose to purchase Posh pass and was worth every penny, lots of seating, lounges umbrellas and pad chairs and a private bar.

Looking down at the pool area and seeing the lounges on top of one another with barely enough space between each to slide a beer bottle would have drove me crazy.

Agree completely... Posh all the way. Tuna Burger that you can order up there is amazing (all free)

Tough choice

I loved Posh

But I loved the Spa even more. The spa was great to go to every day including evenings after the ships leave port.

Here is my solution. Purchase the spa couples pass and only buy 2 sea days of Posh. If you stay on the ship during ports, the ship wont be crowded so anywhere will be quiet. But your sea days, Posh is a great perk.

Or if your budget does not allow, buy 1 Posh sea day. But that spa is incredible and worth every cent. Hot tubs, thermal pools, saunas, steam rooms, heated loungers, etc.

Tough choice but I think you can compromise and experience the best of both worlds even for one day.

!Hi Shelby!!!! I'm on your cruise!:D

I'm with David on this one...they are BOTH marvelous!

I love the spa. It's so peaceful and relaxing inside with lovely picture windows overlooking the sea. Usually quiet and restful with delicious teas to drink. You will have access to the sauna, steam room, whirlpool baths, hydrotherapy pool, cold plunge, loungers, showers and lockers. There are some things just in the gender specific locker rooms, but also the baths, pools and loungers are coed, so plenty of space to relax and rejuvenate together.

Posh is above the pool and above the fray of madness that surrounds the pool. The loungers are padded and there is an "adults only" level. There are umbrellas and a private (pay) bar.

Both spaces are entirely different. Posh is deliciously outside in the sun, and despite you are above the mayhem, the sound does rise from below. But the ample space and vip service are well worth the pass. The spa is quiet and restful and comfortably indoors. It nurtures your spirit.

I will have to have both. :cool: However if you have to pick just one, balance out what your plans are for port days. You may find it more affordable to get day passes to the spa as you have time to use them, and a full pass for Posh or visa versa.

See you at our Meet and Mingle! :D

Hi, could I ask you why you didn't feel welcome? I was thinking about the Posh pass but I get antsy and don't like to sit out for long periods of time so am thinking it might not be for me especially since I am not a sun person.

Maybe I would try the spa just for something different. What does the spa pass include?

Maybe I should just use the money though for things like bowling and bingo n the afternoons.

Posh is amazing but not so great on rainy or cloudy days.

The spa is amazing no matter the weather

Both are some of the best parts of Epic. It would be a tough choice but you can always buy a day pass to each to experience them. So that would work for me on a budget.

Hi, could I ask you why you didn't feel welcome? I was thinking about the Posh pass but I get antsy and don't like to sit out for long periods of time so am thinking it might not be for me especially since I am not a sun person.

Maybe I would try the spa just for something different. What does the spa pass include?

Maybe I should just use the money though for things like bowling and bingo n the afternoons.

Howard

The spa pass includes access to the Relaxation Area of the Mandara Spa all hours that the spa is open. There are gender specific locker rooms with restrooms, showers, lockers, sauna, steam room and individual whirlpool baths. The "co-ed" joint area has hydrotherapy pools, cold plunge pools (sometimes in the locker room) and a jacuzzi. It also has padded comfortable loungers that you can relax, nap, read, meditate or whatever. I find it a wonderful respite to sneak away to for an hour or so from the busy busy activity of the ship. The spa has wonderful picture windows and gives a spectacular view while you relax. Any spa services are extra.

Typically they limit the number of spa passes that are sold. This keeps the spa are more intimate. They sell 120 passes total for each day. So if 100 persons purchase a SPA PASS then only 20 DAY PASSES are available. If all the spots are purchased with SPA PASSES then no day passes are available. They do this because anyone that purchases a spa service, also may use the spa relaxation area for that time. So they really do try to keep it intimate.

I've been there when it's been busy, but never too busy as to not find a space to chillax. :cool: It's a must have for me. It's the perfect way to recenter, relax and get a blissful nap in. :rolleyes:

The prices vary depending on the destination and the duration of the cruise. My Alaskan cruise on the Pearl in August was $119 per person. My cruise upcoming on the Epic is $129 per person or $199 per couple.

As I said, I'll have a Posh Pass too, so that I can enjoy the out of doors away from the wall to wall bodies (and kids) around the pool. But you can't lay in the sun all day. :cool:

The spas on the Gem and the Jewel were wonderful. I was on transatlantic crossings where it was too chilly to swim outside and it was wonderful to have the heated loungers, t-pool, sauna and steam rooms to use daily. However, when I sailed on Epic I found the spa to be overcrowded and noisy. I got a refund. Plus, who needs to spend an entire morning there when the weather is beautiful and you want to stay outside. I didn't use POSH but next to it is a free area with loungers which was a lot quieter than the pool level. You take the elevator up from the Great Outdoors Restaurant on the starboard side. Check this area out before plunking down the cash for POSH.

Are there shady areas in the Posh Pass location? My husband can't take too much sun so if there are no loungers in the shade I guess we would not buy those passes. Please let me know. Thanks.

Kathy

They have some umbrellas that can give you some shade. They also have clamshells that are padded and very nice.

But the best way to keep cool is to sit at the bar (has a roof) and drink those cool frosty drinks ;)

Hi, Im going on my first ever cruise for my Honey Moon on May 23 on the Epic, how would I get the spa package?? Can I buy it before travelling?

Howard

The spa pass includes access to the Relaxation Area of the Mandara Spa all hours that the spa is open. There are gender specific locker rooms with restrooms, showers, lockers, sauna, steam room and individual whirlpool baths. The "co-ed" joint area has hydrotherapy pools, cold plunge pools (sometimes in the locker room) and a jacuzzi. It also has padded comfortable loungers that you can relax, nap, read, meditate or whatever. I find it a wonderful respite to sneak away to for an hour or so from the busy busy activity of the ship. The spa has wonderful picture windows and gives a spectacular view while you relax. Any spa services are extra.

Typically they limit the number of spa passes that are sold. This keeps the spa are more intimate. They sell 120 passes total for each day. So if 100 persons purchase a SPA PASS then only 20 DAY PASSES are available. If all the spots are purchased with SPA PASSES then no day passes are available. They do this because anyone that purchases a spa service, also may use the spa relaxation area for that time. So they really do try to keep it intimate.

I've been there when it's been busy, but never too busy as to not find a space to chillax. :cool: It's a must have for me. It's the perfect way to recenter, relax and get a blissful nap in. :rolleyes:

The prices vary depending on the destination and the duration of the cruise. My Alaskan cruise on the Pearl in August was $119 per person. My cruise upcoming on the Epic is $129 per person or $199 per couple.

As I said, I'll have a Posh Pass too, so that I can enjoy the out of doors away from the wall to wall bodies (and kids) around the pool. But you can't lay in the sun all day. :cool:

Hi Shelbydarling,

You've gotten lots of good advice depending on your preference for outdoor/indoor along with any weather considerations.

Buying a day pass to POSH may or may not be possible depending on how full the ship is, suites (who have included entry to POSH), etc. For example, when we were on Epic late Jan./early Feb., they limited the # of weekly passes to POSH to about 15. I did a B2B and the 2nd wk they further limited the number so that POSH wouldn't be crowded in any way (and it wasn't).

Same can happen with the spa as another poster pointed out.

Enjoy yourself however you work it out!:D Epic is a great ship & don't miss dropping in to hear Slam Allen in the blues club (Fat Cats).

During the first day of our cruise, we took on our bracelets (we had a spa suite so access to the spa was included in our fare) and went to the spa for a tour of the facilities. First they showed us lots of rooms were they could make us look better (we must have been very ugly from the beginning...) but for us a spa is more about feeling better and they said nothing about that. After a very long time we finally come to the areas included in our fare (the same things you get when you buy a spa pass) and they looked nice but when they told us that we could buy a pass to get access to the area our interest for it disappeared. That was the only time we didn't felt special for having a suite, the bracelet was supposed to show them that we had access to the spa but they didn't cared to look for it so I guess we weren't important for them.

We also didn't liked that we must check inn every time we wanted to use the spa, why did they gave us the bracelets?

Hi, Im going on my first ever cruise for my Honey Moon on May 23 on the Epic, how would I get the spa package?? Can I buy it before traveling?

Congratulations!!!:D

Once on board, head to the spa. They will give you a little tour and you can purchase one then. You cannot purchase them in advance, and it's first come-first served. They say the limit the passes sold to 120, though I don't know that I've ever been on a ship that sold out. This is the Epic though, with twice as many passengers.

Archived