Epic - Spa Pass or Posh Pass?

Shelbydarling

The spa definately sells out on Epic

The couples passes are gone the first day within hours.

I saw so many people being turned away from the spa even for daily visits with trying to buy a day pass. They said "SOLD OUT"

So if you want a week, couples, or day pass, go immediately when you get on board. If you are in a suite, they will have spa employees in the courtyard to set you up.

• 3 months later...
The spas on the Gem and the Jewel were wonderful. I was on transatlantic crossings where it was too chilly to swim outside and it was wonderful to have the heated loungers, t-pool, sauna and steam rooms to use daily. However, when I sailed on Epic I found the spa to be overcrowded and noisy. I got a refund. Plus, who needs to spend an entire morning there when the weather is beautiful and you want to stay outside. I didn't use POSH but next to it is a free area with loungers which was a lot quieter than the pool level. You take the elevator up from the Great Outdoors Restaurant on the starboard side. Check this area out before plunking down the cash for POSH.

We were on the December transatlantic on the Gem from Barcelona to New York and bought the spa class. As soon as we left the Med we had high seas for the duration and they had to drain the pool and essentially close done the spa package area - so we paid for a service that was no longer provided and no refunds. I guess either way it is a gamble. My husband does not like the sun sut we find relaxing in the spa before dinner a great way to unwind. My husband does not like the sun but I like to spend an hour a day getting my dose. We try the Epic in January so it will be an interesting dilemna what to try.

Our first time on the Epic was the Med and we purchased both: The Med is port intensive, and only one sea day so we knew going in that we would be limited in our use for both. My feeling - I would not purchase Posh again, but DH loved it and would. Differences:

The spa is all about pampering yourself and there are lots of different ways to do that. BUT when it was full it was be less pampering and more irritating with people chatting, water whooshing(?) trying to find a lounger, etc. When it was just average it was great. And it worked on both sunny and rainy days.

Posh was quiet every time I was there - people were very respectful. On our one sea day DH used it that morning and it was cloudy and windy and by the time I arrived in the afternoon (keeping my Mom company in the morning) the rain came in, so I got no time at all - our balcony was better. And it can be very windy since it is up high - even on a sunny day. There is some shade, but again, you have to find it just like you have to do any other place on the ship, even with the umbrellas. I think I had built it up to be more than it was, so it was my bad that I was disappointed.

SO on our next cruise we have an AFT balcony which we hope to take full advantage of. DH will get a Posh pass for the week, and I will get a spa pass and we will both be happy:)

And don't forget: you can get daily passes for both if they are available. So he might go to the spa with me one day and I may wander up to Posh with him:)

I loved POSH and I agree about the Tuna sandwich ...THE BEST

Apparently this Transat the seas were so rough they emptied the TPOOL in the SPA..That would be the reason I would get a Spa Pass ...closed would make me unhappy

POSH was not available in Med but they did open it for TRANSATI enjoyed the quiet and nice loungers

Michele

Yes the outdoor space is very limited in SPA

hello! Will be on the Epic in March and plan on buying a week Posh pass. My question is can I buy just one weekly pass for me and bring my wife. Or do I have to buy 2 weekly passes? How is entry into the Posh area granted?

thanks,

Mike

when you purchase the posh pass at guest services your seapass card is activated to allow access to the private elevators which service the courtyard/posh area .you are also given a wrist band to identify to staff that you have purchased this access

Are either the Spa Pass or Posh Pass included in the price if you are staying in a Court Yard Villa on the Epic?

Access to POSH is a perk for all suite guests including Courtyard Villas.

The Spa Pass is only included with Spa Suites so it would not be a perk for Courtyard Villas, you'd have to buy it.

Can anyone tell me the DAILY rates for both the Spa pass and the Posh pass?

Also, if you purchased either pass for 1 day, do you have to pick the day at the time you purchase the pass? And if I wanted a 2 day pass to either, could I say Monday and Thursday, or would I be able to go any 2 days?

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me the DAILY rates for both the Spa pass and the Posh pass?

Also, if you purchased either pass for 1 day, do you have to pick the day at the time you purchase the pass? And if I wanted a 2 day pass to either, could I say Monday and Thursday, or would I be able to go any 2 days?

Thanks!

Sort of the same question... My girls and I are on the Epic in June, we're only at sea 1 day, the first full day. I'd like to purchase a posh pass for the 3 of us for the one day at sea, can I do that when we board? Or do I have to wait until the next morning to do so?

Thanks also!

I just got off the Epic this morning. They did not sell Posh passes for my cruise, and they told me they hadn't sold them during the previous 4 cruises. Not sure if this is permanent or something they did since the ship was more crowded due to the holidays. I really wish I would've had it...chair hogs were out of control on this cruise.

I just got off the Epic this morning. They did not sell Posh passes for my cruise, and they told me they hadn't sold them during the previous 4 cruises. Not sure if this is permanent or something they did since the ship was more crowded due to the holidays. I really wish I would've had it...chair hogs were out of control on this cruise.

That's interesting. They must only sell them if the total passengers is under a certain number or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to purchase a posh pass lately on Epic? We are sailing over spring break (4/7/12) and would like to purchase for the entire week, if available.

Thank you!

Archived