Purchase mattress

fb0075

I have a friend who did purchase the Oceania mattress. She called Oceania and spoke to customer service, I believe. They referred her to a store in Florida that sells them and she ordered one. It arrived about a week to 10 days later. She loves it!

I have a friend who did purchase the Oceania mattress. She called Oceania and spoke to customer service, I believe. They referred her to a store in Florida that sells them and she ordered one. It arrived about a week to 10 days later. She loves it!

Called and ,of course,the person I spoke with said they knew nothing--asked to go and ask someone else and they came back with the same answer!

I know I saw the mattress advertised >I thought on O web page, and it was apx $1700 plus $300 shipping--

looking for MOTHERS DAY PRESENT!!!

FRANK

Called and ,of course,the person I spoke with said they knew nothing--asked to go and ask someone else and they came back with the same answer!

I know I saw the mattress advertised >I thought on O web page, and it was apx $1700 plus $300 shipping--

looking for MOTHERS DAY PRESENT!!!

FRANK

I can call my friend and find out where she purchased the mattress, however, at this time she and her husband are in Cabo and not due to return until next weekend. Let me know if you want me to persue this for you. (And I think it was more than $2,000)

Edited by doubledobles

I can call my friend and find out where she purchased the mattress, however, at this time she and her husband are in Cabo and not due to return until next weekend. Let me know if you want me to persue this for you. (And I think it was more than $2,000)

ok thanks

price isnt that important

frank

Okay, I haven't tried the Oceania beds yet... will this November. But we bought a high end (ok, most expensive in the store) Sterns and Foster's bed last year and love it. I can't imagine their beds being better. But we are looking forward to finding out! :p

Edited by Suite-Life

Suite-Life, I think you will find the Oceania beds the most comfy you've ever encountered. I know *I* feel that way!

Our TA had told us that it is not possible to get these mattresses, despite what the earliest posters said ... and it looks like that may be the case!

We were boosted up to a Vista on MARINA last fall and were delighted with that bed! I'm not sure if a Vista gets an even higher quality bed, but we're usually in PH suites on Oceania cruises and love those beds as well.

Mura

Has anyone undid the sheets to look at the lable on the mattress? I will do that this summer.

I absolutely hate our new expensive pillow top mattress which developed craters and hills after only 3 months use. I am always amazed when hotel/ship mattresses always seem level after so much use.

I am going to look into these.

Thanks for the info.

When I last posted about the Oceania beds, I said that my friend purchased one and was in seventh heaven. She returned from Cabo yesterday and here's the information I found out.

The beds came from Global Resource Registry in Miami. globalresources.com is their email address. The phone number is 305 751 5255. She ordered the Prestige model and told me that she needed the down pillows to go with the bed to make it have the Oceania "feel".

She didn't remember the price, but as I remember it, in casual talk, she quoted something lilke $3,000 plus shipping. Don't quote me, I may be wrong. Good luck to everyone who's interested. I hoped I helped.

Nice to know where to get the mattress, however, they do not ship to Canada.

Maybe the luxurious sheets would give me a bit of the mood. Does anyone know where the sheets and duvet, etc. can be purchased.

Thanks for any assistance.

You could try Kingsdown or Sterns & Foster mattresses here in Canada they almost as good ;)

The bedding I think is Frette ...maybe someone knows for sure

Just recieved a KING mattress--Mattermol Prestige--

it appears to be the same mattress and this company supplies cruise ships--

little disappointed with shippimg but will update later

frank

Great to know the source of the mattress - it was one of the best parts of our recent Regatta cruise. Now I know why I was rocked to sleep - not only the rock of the boat, which I love, but the topper with the gel fill. Anybody find a bed that rocks gently like a ship? :):D Will check local retailers, now that we know the components.

For those looking into linen/sheet sources, I have been using 2 mail order firms. Both run sales/specials averaging 20 to 25% off upon occasion and I always check their clearance sections. I have been happy with customer service with both & have no monetary interest in them. Between them, they have everything from cotton, satin, linen, Italian voile, Eileen Fisher, L Pulitzer and Frette products, in many sizes.

First for down products like pillows, I like Cuddledown in Maine. Also get sheets & blankets from them. Have a cotton fleece blanket from them which is divine. Thinking seriously about their temp controlling duvet. Even the dog (Clem) loves his bed from them!

The best pillow protectors I have seen in my 60+ yrs came from Garnet Hill in NH. I also love their hemstitched Supima sheets, which are on sale now thru 5/22. They are the crackly kind, which not everyone likes, but I do as I generally can hang things outside to dry. Cool and long wearing. They also carry a cotton fleece blanket.

Both retailers have accurate on-site customer reviews & I've had good customer service. YMMV

I am always amazed when hotel/ship mattresses always seem level after so much use.

They always seem level because they switch them out often. I was just on Nautica and my matress was slanting. I rolled down the bed everynight.