Maasdam - which nights formal?

Moriah

I'm going on Maasdam Boston to Montreal leaving August 17. Anyone been on that itinerary this summer who can tell me what nights will be formal? Since we depart on Saturday the 17th, I'm thinking either Sunday the 18th or Monday the 19th will be formal? The 19th is my birthday and I'm hoping it falls on formal night/portrait night and I want to make some Pinnacle reservations.. anyway, if anyone can tell me whether the first formal night is Sunday or Monday ... thanks in advance. Oh, and also any comments on what is actually being worn on "formal" nights these days on the Maasdam? Thanks again.

Check the port times for leaving Bar Harbor and Halifax. Are you leaving Bar Harbor early? I think so. I expect your first formal night is when you leave Bar Harbor.

Your second formal night is when you are sailing up the St. Lawrence, the night before Quebec City.

Thank you! Actually looking at our itinerary I see we do leave Bar Harbor at 2 PM... not much time there... so I guess formal night will be Sunday - the first full day of the cruise. Oh well, it's the night BEFORE my birthday but I think I'll book Pinnacle for that night anyway and we can say it's Birthday Eve and get our pictures taken in our best duds. Any comment on what is usually worn on Maasdam formal night? Thanks again.

Thank you! Actually looking at our itinerary I see we do leave Bar Harbor at 2 PM... not much time there... so I guess formal night will be Sunday - the first full day of the cruise. Oh well, it's the night BEFORE my birthday but I think I'll book Pinnacle for that night anyway and we can say it's Birthday Eve and get our pictures taken in our best duds. Any comment on what is usually worn on Maasdam formal night? Thanks again.

Just about anything goes - let me rephrase that - you can wear a long gown if you choose - a cocktail dress - a long skirt with a sparkly top or dressy pants with a sparkly/dressy top.

Everything is good.

Thank you, that's what I thought - it's been that way on the Vista ships for a while, but I was "worried" that Maasdam's dress code would be dressier/stricter. Mom and I are coming on with just small suitcases and actual formal clothes are out, but of course we'll have something like nice pants and tops - and I'm bringing a dress - I am hoping for some nice professional shots of me and Mom. She turns 82 in September and I'm excited about having her to myself for a week - no siblings, spouses, kids, grandkids - just us. Anyway, thanks!

Thank you, that's what I thought - it's been that way on the Vista ships for a while, but I was "worried" that Maasdam's dress code would be dressier/stricter. Mom and I are coming on with just small suitcases and actual formal clothes are out, but of course we'll have something like nice pants and tops - and I'm bringing a dress - I am hoping for some nice professional shots of me and Mom. She turns 82 in September and I'm excited about having her to myself for a week - no siblings, spouses, kids, grandkids - just us. Anyway, thanks!

That is so special.

You have chosen a fabulous ship with a wonderful crew doing a great itinerary to have your special Mom/daughter time.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise together. :)

Archived