Could Freedom Be Renamed To Splash?

As many of us already know, the Carnival Freedom is going to be getting a dry-dock next year that lasts about 51 days.

Go CCL's Carnival Freedom Fact Sheet says that the ship will be in dry-dock 3/30/14 - 5/19/14. If I counted correctly the total number of days will be around 51 days (including time to get to Freeport and back).

The Sunshine dry-dock was advertised to be 49 days (7 weeks). After doing the Destiny/Sunshine renovation Carnival may have learned the best ways to renovate the ship and what works & doesn't work. Carnival may be able to do this in Freeport because they may not add a deck to the ship. I think Conquest class already has 1-2 more decks than the Destiny/Triumph class.

Now for the naming idea...

Carnival Corporation filed for a third-extension on the name Carnival Splash on July 19, 2013. For proof visit this website: http://www.trademarkia.com/carnival-splash-85433501.html

For those who are going to say that the Freedom can be booked for after this drydock, so this idea is not possible...

In the past Carnival has been known to make changes to their plans in a flash. Carnival could be booking the cruises, but after dry-dock the guests will be sailing on what was the Freedom (but the ship will be named differently.)

What do you think?

Fact: Carnival Freedom will be in drydock for 49-51 days. (Depending which days you count)

What is up in the air though is everything else...

What I think???

I think that the Carnival Freedom's drydock will mimic that of the Carnival Sunshine's. However, I believe that no partial deck will be added, like was done with the Carnival Sunshine. In addition to a new waterpark, cabin upgrades, more cabins, 2.0 upgrades, etc., I expect to see the Fire Suppression system upgraded, as promised by Carnival Cruise Lines after the fire on the Carnival Triumph. I am not sure if Carnival will choose to rename the Freedom, but if they do, I believe it will take on the name Sunrise or Splash.

The only thing that confuses me out of all of this though is why are they doing this to a ship built in 2007?

The only thing that confuses me out of all of this though is why are they doing this to a ship built in 2007?

I'd argue that you would do it to a ship built in 2007 because it has more to do with the amenities on the ship rather than the date it was built. You can still add a water park, additional specialty restaurants, ocean plaza, and a red frog pub.

Why do they want to change the name? I personally think "splash" should be referring to the movie, and not a cruise ship. That's just my opinion tho. :cool:

So.. Will Freedom still be sailing from Port Everglades, or will they put another ship there in her place? We're sailing on Oasis come September,,, what days does the Freedom sail?

Why do they want to change the name? I personally think "splash" should be referring to the movie, and not a cruise ship. That's just my opinion tho. :cool:

So.. Will Freedom still be sailing from Port Everglades, or will they put another ship there in her place? We're sailing on Oasis come September,,, what days does the Freedom sail?

Really? I love the name Splash!.... Once again, this is just my opinion, but I think that the Freedom, Sunrise, Splash, whatever will continue sailing from Port Everglades. The itineraries are already posted on Carnival's website and I doubt that they will change. In fact, they have already altered the itinerary. They have switched the 6 day's itinerary stop in Ocho Rios to Cozumel.

There are dates available for booking on the Freedom once it is out of dry dock with dates into 2015.

In their booking system they could probably just change the name Freedom to Splash and bookings would not be affected. We should know more when an official announcement is made about the drydock.

As many of us already know, the Carnival Freedom is going to be getting a dry-dock next year that lasts about 51 days.

What do you think?

The name Freedom has alsolutely NO stigma attached to it that they have to "KILL" it, like they felt they had to with Destiny.

The name they REALLY probably would want to KILL right now at this point is Triumph.

Triumph is a fine name and the ship had a very triumphant return.

I don't see Freedom being renamed to Splash. I can't see Carnival having a Splash class, which the new ship would be the first of.

I am concerned that the Fish and Chips might be removed. I certainly hope not. :eek:

Triumph is a fine name and the ship had a very triumphant return.

Wt was a good name. Even the analysts recommenD a name change.

Most now equate Triumph with the POOP cruise.

The ship made a triumpant retiurn, but the name has not.

Archived