Has anyone been on the Star Princess recently?

KruzPrincess

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about the Star Princess lately. Frankly, I've read quite a few bad reviews. I know reviews can be misleading, but I'll be sailing on the Star in a few weeks and I'm looking for some recent experiences. I know food is subjective and I'm not that picky, but a lot of people complained about food. Anyone want to share their recent experiences? Thanks.

Hello fella cruiser. You have no need to worry. We just returned from a 15 day Hawaii cruise and other than some of the entertainment lacking a bit we loved the entire cruise. Staff was, without exception, friendly and helpful. Ship and cabins were spotless; food was good to excellent; on board activities were plentiful; pools we're clean, drinks were cold and fellow passengers were fun. Pack your bags and don't give it another thought, you'll have a grand time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on the Star for 28 days in April 2013. It was really nice then. The Star is a really nice ship, especially for a 15 night Hawaii cruise. We loved the International Cafe, the indoor pool the extra space around the outdoor pool, just everything.

We were on the Star last month and I also read lots of negative reviews re: cleanliness, HC food and food in general, etc. before the trip. Actually I don't know what they were talking about. We alternated having breakfast in either HC or the dining room and both were very good. Afternoon tea was great like it always is. Dinner first night in HC, second night in Crown Grill (excellent), rest in DR. Staff were very friendly, our room steward was great, but then I've rarely encountered a grouch among staff on any cruise. Hope you enjoy your cruise and have a positive experience! :)

We were aboard Star end of October/first November this year for the California Coastal and we would echo all the positives mentioned above. The crew was exceptional in all areas we had contact. Our cabin steward was one of the very best we have had ever. Food was, in my opinion, good but not great. Certainly adequate. One person described it as good banquet food. I would agree with that. We enjoyed it thoroughly and booked another while on board. The only glitch we noticed was that one of the ice cream machines at the ice cream bar was broken.:eek: Don't worry, pack and go enjoy a nice ship with a great crew.:D

Archived