Insignia

sparty1

Does anyone know if the Insignia has been refurbished/updated since she was chartered as Columbus 2? I think there was a 2 week time period before the first cruise as Oceania's Insignia again.

Also, is there a Baristas on that ship, like Oceania was adding to the other smaller ships? Thank you

In the spring of 2014, three of Oceania Cruises’ five ships will be undergoing a six-week long refurbishment. The $50 million refurbishment is being done to bring the ships up to date with the cruise line’s two newer ships, the Marina and the Riviera.

All three ships, the Regatta, Insignia and Nautica will all have new decor installed in public rooms. The casual Terrace Cafe onboard will get a brand new grill for passengers to dine on gourmet fair like grilled lamb chops or lobster tails. These intimate ships will also get the addition of Baristas, which is a very popular coffee bar on the Oceania Riviera and Oceania Marina. Baristas serves illy brand coffee and will offer specialty brews like cappuccinos and lattes. This is also the spot for baked goods like warm croissants, biscotti and some finger sandwiches.

The Grand Dining Room and Toscana, the Italian specialty restaurant, will be expanded with more tables for two. The Canyon Ranch SpaClub will also get a new steam room and changing rooms. The ships’ staterooms will all have new original artworks and the Owner’s and Vista suites will have new bathroom vanities and oversized showers installed.

The refurbishments will take place from April 24 to June 6, 2014. The Insignia and Nautica will have their refurbishments in Marseilles, France and the Regatta will be refurbished in Vancouver, Canada. The Insignia and Nautica will return to service in May and the Regatta will return in June.

In the spring of 2014, three of Oceania Cruises’ five ships will be undergoing a six-week long refurbishment. The $50 million refurbishment is being done to bring the ships up to date with the cruise line’s two newer ships, the Marina and the Riviera.

All three ships, the Regatta, Insignia and Nautica will all have new decor installed in public rooms. The casual Terrace Cafe onboard will get a brand new grill for passengers to dine on gourmet fair like grilled lamb chops or lobster tails. These intimate ships will also get the addition of Baristas, which is a very popular coffee bar on the Oceania Riviera and Oceania Marina. Baristas serves illy brand coffee and will offer specialty brews like cappuccinos and lattes. This is also the spot for baked goods like warm croissants, biscotti and some finger sandwiches.

The Grand Dining Room and Toscana, the Italian specialty restaurant, will be expanded with more tables for two. The Canyon Ranch SpaClub will also get a new steam room and changing rooms. The ships’ staterooms will all have new original artworks and the Owner’s and Vista suites will have new bathroom vanities and oversized showers installed.

The refurbishments will take place from April 24 to June 6, 2014. The Insignia and Nautica will have their refurbishments in Marseilles, France and the Regatta will be refurbished in Vancouver, Canada. The Insignia and Nautica will return to service in May and the Regatta will return in June.

I think Regatta is only out of service for less than two weeks in Vancouver. There's a May 17 Alaska cruise from SF and then our cruise, which leaves Vancouver on June 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think Regatta is only out of service for less than two weeks in Vancouver. There's a May 17 Alaska cruise from SF and then our cruise, which leaves Vancouver on June 7.

Each ship will NOT be out of service for the six weeks mentioned

The total time stated is for the 3 ships

As I am an ex-Canadian, and who was born and raised in Vancouver, I would point out that the Regatta will be refurbished in Esquimalt, B.C. - - and am proud to say that this is a Royal Canadian Navy base. It is not at all unusual for refurbishing done at this yard to be completed in time - and that includes your cruise.

:D

Thank you all so very much for the informative responses! I appreciate the time and research you put into providing me with the answers! You guys are great!!:D We're going to cruise on her;)

Does anyone have pictures of the Insignia Fitness center and do they have Spinnbikes?

I think spin bikes are only on the O class ships

Edited by LHT28