The new lobster night

just off the jade and we didn`t get lobster night . we had large shrimp instead but they were delicious so i was happy .i would prefer well cooked large shrimp to the small lobster tails previously offered .

They did look good, but we really don't care to go to the buffet for dinner.

We went to Indigo for dinner on the new lobster night and my son in law made a quick trip up to the buffet and brought back 6 lobster tails for our appetizer! So we did not have to "eat" in the buffet, but enjoyed the tails non the less :)

I thought I read somewhere on the boards that Haven guests can request the lobster tails for dinner while still dining in the Haven restaurant. Can anyone confirm this? I am not a big fan of dinner in the buffet, but I do love lobster!

Thanks!

Jacy

We went to Indigo for dinner on the new lobster night and my son in law made a quick trip up to the buffet and brought back 6 lobster tails for our appetizer! So we did not have to "eat" in the buffet, but enjoyed the tails non the less :)

That's a thought.

just off the jade and we didn`t get lobster night . we had large shrimp instead but they were delicious so i was happy .i would prefer well cooked large shrimp to the small lobster tails previously offered .

Trying to figure out the 14 day rotation so that we can make reservations for some of the speciality restaurants on nights we aren't thrilled with the menu.

That lobster definitely looked better than what we had on the Getaway. The lobster tails they had on the seafood buffet night were small, grilled, and cut in half. They were a bit dry and chewy. Didn't have the meat outside on top of the shell like that. Wonder if this new preparation is fleet wide.

Those tails did look delicious! Do you all think that switching it to the buffet actually saves NCL money? I mean, I would be a bit embarrassed to keep asking for more tails in the MDR, plus I wouldn't want to keep waiting to be served more, but I think I could tear through four of those easily with no waiting in the buffet :o.

Is the lobster still offered in the dining room? As someone with multiple allergies including gluten, I stay away from the buffet. There is too much danger of cross contamination. Hopefully I will still be able to get lobster in the dining room.
There was no lobster in the main dining room on my sailing. This was the only lobster available all week.

My son has nut and shellfish allergies and we had no issues finding him food in the buffet. You just have to ask lots of questions. And if there was anything with nuts, we avoided the surrounding foods as well.

If you have allergies and eat dinner in the MDR, you probably know already that you can pre-order your meal for the next night in advance. I bet if you explained your allergies you could have them bring you a lobster on the night they have it in the buffet.

Those tails did look delicious! Do you all think that switching it to the buffet actually saves NCL money? I mean, I would be a bit embarrassed to keep asking for more tails in the MDR, plus I wouldn't want to keep waiting to be served more, but I think I could tear through four of those easily with no waiting in the buffet :o.
On my past cruises I never had any issues with embarrassment of asking for more. :) At the buffet though, the embarrassment is of a different nature. It's poor to take 10 when there's only 20 at the station and there is a long line of people behind you. Then again, I have also found that some people just don't care and do it anyways.

I do wonder if it saves them money in the long run. Although people can get multiple servings more easily in the buffet, there are also some people who wouldn't get caught dead eating dinner in the buffet. I am not one of those people. We ate our regular dinner in the MDR early, and then around 9 I went up to the buffet for more food and tried the lobster.

On my past cruises I never had any issues with embarrassment of asking for more. :) At the buffet though, the embarrassment is of a different nature. It's poor to take 10 when there's only 20 at the station and there is a long line of people behind you. Then again, I have also found that some people just don't care and do it anyways.

I do wonder if it saves them money in the long run. Although people can get multiple servings more easily in the buffet, there are also some people who wouldn't get caught dead eating dinner in the buffet. I am not one of those people. We ate our regular dinner in the MDR early, and then around 9 I went up to the buffet for more food and tried the lobster.

That's a good point...I wasn't even thinking of people maybe going to have a sit-down dinner and then grabbing some lobster later, or vice versa. That does seem like it could actually possibly cost more money in the long run, assuming people don't feel a buffet-stigma, as you mentioned ;). And don't worry, I don't take extra in one trip when it will hold up everyone else...I just wait for them to put out more and then go again...and maybe one more time :p.

Trying to figure out the 14 day rotation so that we can make reservations for some of the speciality restaurants on nights we aren't thrilled with the menu.

On our March 12th cruise on the Jade, the seafood extravaganza in the buffet was the first night. We ate in the MDR and were told lobster was not served there any longer. We didn't go up to the buffet to check it out, but paid the extra $10 in the specialty restaurants to get our lobster fix.