can you open balcony dividers?

spangleduster

Can any one tell me if you can open any balcony dividers and what ships do and don't please?

Hi there

yes you can open the dividers as long as there's not a fire door between cabins. You can tell where they are by the door symbol in the hallway on the deck plans. The partition door is pretty narrow and simply allows access back and forth.

This has worked for us on all the Grand class ships, the island and coral and the new Royal. Not sure about the smaller two ships.

Jackie

Edited by jackieo

Yes and hopefully they can lock them in place once open. One cruise the opened divider next door kept banging all night long. Told the room steward but I guess the lock didn't work. :( They tired propping it open with a chair.

Normally you have the divider opened when you are traveling with someone in the next cabin. But yes I think it could be. We have had a sliding door that would not lock. And I'm sure there are a few that forget to lock them when they come back in.

Can any one tell me if you can open any balcony dividers and what ships do and don't please?

Just got off the Crown Princess where we had the cabin steward open the balcony divider doors between 4 adjacent cabins. Keep the open door pinned to the divider with a balcony chair so it won't bang in rough weather.

We did the same thing a couple of years ago on the Ruby Princess. I believe it can be done on any ship as long as the occupants of all cabins involved tell the steward that is what they want and if there is no firewall involved.

Hi there

yes you can open the dividers as long as there's not a fire door between cabins. You can tell where they are by the door symbol in the hallway on the deck plans. The partition door is pretty narrow and simply allows access back and forth.

This has worked for us on all the Grand class ships, the island and coral and the new Royal. Not sure about the smaller two ships.

Jackie

I believe the issue with dividers not opening at fire doors is only true on the Sun class ships (Sun, Sea & Dawn). It is not true on the Grand class ships, at least the Sapphire. Princess has added notes about when a balcony partition can't be opened between two cabins and the information appears to be correct, at least for cabins I know about.

Yes you can, I noticed warnings when I was booking a Coral Princess Panama cruise on certain cabins would not connect with the one next door to it.

"Princess has added notes about when a balcony partition can't be opened between two cabins and the information appears to be correct, at least for cabins I know about. "

I know right!

Edited by Colo Cruiser

"Princess has added notes about when a balcony partition can't be opened between two cabins and the information appears to be correct, at least for cabins I know about. "

The notes are on the bump-outs.

I would have thought that was pretty obvious, as the balconies

are not actually next to each other.

I was on the CB and had 2 minis on the Emerald deck next to eachother. Yes our door was unlocked but a pipe ran 2 inches away from the opening so it was unopenable. the cabins were E 721 and 723. We were a little dissapointed with lack of balcony access to eachother, but had a great cruise.

Actually no, for example on the Coral E734 and E730 do not connect via the balcony door.

When you click on the deck plan/cabin its noted in red plain as day.

No bump out there obviously.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It might be obvious to people who are familiar with the Coral and Island, but it is probably good information for newer cruisers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 years later...

I know right!

We're is this information located? ( the notes) On the deck plan on the Princess site?

I am looking at Ruby Princess cabins B 619 and B621. I want to know if the balcony dividers open?

Thanks.

Julie

We're is this information located? ( the notes) On the deck plan on the Princess site?

I am looking at Ruby Princess cabins B 619 and B621. I want to know if the balcony dividers open?

Thanks.

Julie

When you choose the particular cabin it will show there near the photo of the cabin if it applies.

It will not tell you if it opens or not it will just tell you if there is a conflict with the cabin next door.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I believe you have to get the room steward to unlock the divider for you also.

Yes. The steward can open them, not the passengers. Can you imagine the problems it might cause if anyone could open any divider at will? :eek:

Yes and hopefully they can lock them in place once open. One cruise the opened divider next door kept banging all night long. Told the room steward but I guess the lock didn't work. :( They tired propping it open with a chair.

NOW I understand why folks pack duct tape!