Azamara transfer costs

patiolaterns

IMO You definitely need to allow 2 hours. We did Southampton to Heathrow on a Monday in September at the end of a cruise - leaving Southampton bus station (5 minutes from the port) at 11.30am, and arrived Heathrow central bus station at 1.40pm. OK, this was not a direct cruiseline transfer, but with National Express, so we had 3 brief stops en route, but the traffic was light and we had no holdups at all. It felt like a very smooth, quick trip!

Hi, I used Smiths for airports. They picked up me and two other couples at the cruise ship terminal and drove us to Heathrow. The cost was 95 pounds (19 pounds each) for the car and I arranged to share with others on our roll call.

Hi, I used Smiths for airports. They picked up me and two other couples at the cruise ship terminal and drove us to Heathrow. The cost was 95 pounds (19 pounds each) for the car and I arranged to share with others on our roll call.

I use them to but i took a detour to another town and had about an hour to look around. .not long enough. .i really enjoyed the catheral where Jane Austin was buried. love the old English towns..

I use them to but i took a detour to another town and had about an hour to look around. .not long enough. .i really enjoyed the catheral where Jane Austin was buried. love the old English towns..

We lived in Winchester, the city that Ellbon is talking about, for many years. Jane Austen is buried at the Cathedral there. If anyone is embarking or debarking at Southampton then I can highly recommend a visit to Winchester, as it is historic, beautiful and much more interesting than Southampton. Very easy to get there by local train or bus.

I would definitely give at least two hours and preferably two hours thirty for the Southampton/Heathrow transfer. Don't look at the distance involved but do think of the potential traffic jams at rush hour on a British motorway. They can be a nightmare and I was stuck in one this morning. Took me two hours to do a one hour journey. Wouldn't want anyone to miss their plane.

We lived in Winchester, the city that Ellbon is talking about, for many years. Jane Austen is buried at the Cathedral there. If anyone is embarking or debarking at Southampton then I can highly recommend a visit to Winchester, as it is historic, beautiful and much more interesting than Southampton. Very easy to get there by local train or bus.

I would definitely give at least two hours and preferably two hours thirty for the Southampton/Heathrow transfer. Don't look at the distance involved but do think of the potential traffic jams at rush hour on a British motorway. They can be a nightmare and I was stuck in one this morning. Took me two hours to do a one hour journey. Wouldn't want anyone to miss their plane.

I think in retrospect I should have used your higher figure when responding to Bonnie. The tunnels/approaches into Heathrow departures can add 30 minutes on their own, never mind the parking lot masquerading as a motorway, the much hated M25

I think in retrospect I should have used your higher figure when responding to Bonnie. The tunnels/approaches into Heathrow departures can add 30 minutes on their own, never mind the parking lot masquerading as a motorway, the much hated M25

My opinion too uktog. I would say 2 and a half hours is the minimum, to be safe.

My car was "parked" on the M25 for 4 hours a few weeks ago due to an accident affecting both lanes. Lorry jackknifed carrying a heavy load which spilled across the central reservation. If I had been flying out of LHR then I would have missed the plane and don't even get me started on the junction at Hounslow between 8 am and 10 am. Complete nightmare.

I lucked out that day wih stopping for about an hour including getting off the ship it was about 3 hours.. i really wanted more time in your lovely town. I ddi see old church ruins, the church and a street market.. i only wsih i had 30 minutes more for a pint and another 30 for stores. should of brought a snack in the market. .the driver was booked for a pick up when he dropped me off.. i really wanted the extra time in town.

My opinion too uktog. I would say 2 and a half hours is the minimum, to be safe.

My car was "parked" on the M25 for 4 hours a few weeks ago due to an accident affecting both lanes. Lorry jackknifed carrying a heavy load which spilled across the central reservation. If I had been flying out of LHR then I would have missed the plane and don't even get me started on the junction at Hounslow between 8 am and 10 am. Complete nightmare.

This just in from The Two Ronnies: There has been an accident on the M25 involving a lorry carrying sponge cake and a tanker carrying custard. Traffic was held up, but only by a trifle.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D