I'm Visiting Journey Tomorrow (4/2/15) in Miami !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share with you, that I'm visiting Azamara Journey tomorrow 4/2/15, when she's in Miami. It's hard to imagine that it's been 4 years since I've last been onboard Journey, and I'm super excited about the visit. I'm looking forward to seeing Larry Pimentel, Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, Cruise Director Tony Markey, and the outstanding Journey Officers & Crew.

If you have any questions, please post on this thread. Please keep in mind, that I'm onboard Journey for a few hours, but will try my best to obtain answers.

I will post an update when I return home. My sincere thanks to Larry Pimentel and Captain Johannes Tysse for the invite.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share with you, that I'm visiting Azamara Journey tomorrow 4/2/15, when she's in Miami. It's hard to imagine that it's been 4 years since I've last been onboard Journey, and I'm super excited about the visit. I'm looking forward to seeing Larry Pimentel, Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, Cruise Director Tony Markey, and the outstanding Journey Officers & Crew.

If you have any questions, please post on this thread. Please keep in mind, that I'm onboard Journey for a few hours, but will try my best to obtain answers.

I will post an update when I return home. My sincere thanks to Larry Pimentel and Captain Johannes Tysse for the invite.

Is Larry going on the cruise?

Lucky you. You'll be boarding my favorite ship.

Tell Captain Johannes "hello" from the couple he turned the ship around for so we could see the sunset when we celebrated an early anniversary last October on our Sicily and Malta cruise.

One more thing...ask if he sails the Quest next summer for the Norwegian Fjords cruise.

Enjoy your day and you really must plan another cruise with Azamar

Tell Captain Johannes "hello" from the couple he turned the ship around for so we could see the sunset when we celebrated an early anniversary last October on our Sicily and Malta cruise. One more thing...ask if he sails the Quest next summer for the Norwegian Fjords cruise.

Or if not, can he help our Captain get goat cheese and fresh seafood like he did?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/crew/meet-our-captains-and-crew/captain-johannes-tysse

How about getting us some main dining room menus?

My hope is that, unlike Celebrity, Azamara chefs have the freedom to vary the menus -- so there aren't the fixed menus that mass market lines post. Have the crew fish off the stern and serve the fresh catch of the day!

My hope is that, unlike Celebrity, Azamara chefs have the freedom to vary the menus -- so there aren't the fixed menus that mass market lines post. Have the crew fish off the stern and serve the fresh catch of the day!

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

My understanding is, that Azamara does offer menu items from local ports on occasion - but that's typically above and beyond what's offered on the MDR menu. In other words, I doubt it would change the typical MDR menu on any given day.

Hope this helps !

Lucky you. You'll be boarding my favorite ship.

Tell Captain Johannes "hello" from the couple he turned the ship around for so we could see the sunset when we celebrated an early anniversary last October on our Sicily and Malta cruise.

One more thing...ask if he sails the Quest next summer for the Norwegian Fjords cruise.

Enjoy your day and you really must plan another cruise with Azamar

Thanks very much Midwestchick. I'm so excited that I can't sleep !

I will ask Captain Johannes if his schedule might change next Summer, but I am wondering if it's a bit early to know. I will try and find out for you.

Hi Andy

It's been a long time since I communicated with you via these boards re Azamara as our last Azamara cruise was on the Journey in 2009. However, we're sailing on the Journey in Jan 2016, just after she comes out of dry dock. We're so excited at the prospect of cruising on her once again (also not forgetting the Quest) - we have wonderful memories of both ships.

Could you please ask Larry when we're likely to have definitive news of the decisions for Journey's renovations, etc. after dry dock. I'm following the dedicated thread containing criticisms and suggestions for possible changes, etc. From memory, our particular gripe (in common with a number of other guests) is the plastic shower curtains.

Best wishes

Rita

Edited by factor30

This actually occurred on our Norwegian Fiords cruise. Captain, Cruise director, and Hotel manager along with the chef all went fishing off a stern platform. The fish that were caught were the "fish of the day" in Aqualina that night.

No matter how many lines you had in the water, not likely to catch enough to offer in the MDR for the whole ship - not to mention cleaning that many fish! :-)

Andy,

It was great to have you onboard Azamara Journey today. We enjoyed the company, fantastic lunch and wonderful conversation. Thanks for all that you do to keep the CC community informed.

Warm Regards,

Andy,

It was great to have you onboard Azamara Journey today. We enjoyed the company, fantastic lunch and wonderful conversation. Thanks for all that you do to keep the CC community informed.

Warm Regards,

Hello Larry,

Thank you for your very kind comments, and for your hospitality. It was great catching up with you, and seeing Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, Cruise Director Tony Markey, and Journey's fantastic Officers and Crew.

It was a truly perfect day, and will always be fondly remembered.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

As promised, here's my Journey ship report :

I had an absolutely wonderful day onboard Azamara Journey. To say it was fantastic, would be an understatement. Everyone made me feel especially welcome ! Azamara's President & CEO, Larry Pimentel was incredibly gracious, and offered a walking tour of the ship, which was delightful.

We enjoyed an outstanding lunch at Aqualina, joined by Larry, Captain Johannes, Hotel Director Heike, VP of Marketing Ellen, and... a special Mystery Guest, who I hope to share more about tomorrow. I especially enjoyed the Ahi Tuna appetizer, the Veal medallion entree, and a Flourless Chocolate cake - which was to die for !

As mentioned previously, it's been 4 years since I last sailed on Journey, and didn't know exactly what to expect. I've noticed a very few reports on this forum, claiming Journey looked "tired". Well... I didn't see it that way at all. As a matter of fact, I thought the ship looked absolutely beautiful, classy, and in tip top shape. The Officers and Crew were all smiles, and seemed very happy - eager to please the newly arriving guests for Journey's Transatlantic sailing.

After today's incredible experience, I can't wait to sail on Azamara again. Wish I were sailing on Journey today, but sadly - no. Hopefully, we'll sail with Azamara again, when Journey returns to Miami later this year, or early 2016. I'm thinking it would be perfect to sail on January 27th, 2016, as Journey has an 11 night Miami sailing, immediately after her Drydock. I'm circling the date :)

My sincere thanks to Larry Pimentel, Johannes, Heike, Ellen, Cruise Director Tony, and the entire Journey team. It was a truly perfect day, and another very special highlight of my treasured cruise ship memories.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask !

Edited by Host Andy

Great report Host Andy - many thanks :)

Was there any discussion as to what would be done during the dry dock? I am actually on Quest next year, but would assume they would do something similar during her dry dock.

I'm glad you had a wonderful visit on Journey! I have to ask...is she scheduled to do a transatlantic today? I noticed that the next April 2015 cruise on Journey seems to be in Europe.

Did you score those menus? ;)

We will be on the cruise right after the post dry dock cruise, I'm expecting everything will be looking really terrific then! If you do get to take the Jan 27 cruise, I will be following along your "journey" and maybe we can schedule a meet up with you in Miami!!:D

I'm glad you had a wonderful visit on Journey! I have to ask...is she scheduled to do a transatlantic today? I noticed that the next April 2015 cruise on Journey seems to be in Europe.

Did you score those menus? ;)

We will be on the cruise right after the post dry dock cruise, I'm expecting everything will be looking really terrific then! If you do get to take the Jan 27 cruise, I will be following along your "journey" and maybe we can schedule a meet up with you in Miami!!:D

Hi Familygoboston,

Yes, Journey left Miami on a 16 night Transatlantic sailing. I believe she's on a 16 night sailing to Greece.

As for the menus - I'm working on it. Hope to have an answer shortly. Stay Tuned !

If we sail on Jan 27, 2016, I'd be happy to make plans to meet with you. Let's keep in touch as the date gets closer.

Edited by Host Andy

It was great to see you again Andy, great food and great company.

Don't let it be another 4 years until next time we meet.

Thank you for all your support here on the CC board.

At the moment we're having beautiful weather in the Atlantic.

Ending in Piraeus on April 18th.

Regards from the Journey

Johannes

Edited by Captain Johannes
Adding more text