Credit Card - Best Travel Rewards

Denversail

That is tough to answer & I think will be different for each individual. I travel a lot for work and currently have an American Airlines card & one for 3 different hotel chains. If you travel much, then I would look first at the airlines/hotels that you prefer to use. It makes the points add up a lot faster if you get points for stays or flights.

You may also find a credit card with a great signup bonus. That may be the way to go for you. That is what I usually look for if I am going to open up a new card and close an existing one.

Chase Sapphire preferred - Hands down -

2nd favorite is Chase freedom

3rd Capital one Venture

Chase let's you earn 2x points on travel plus those points can be transferred 1:1 to anyone on your account and their points transferred to you. The points can then be transferred 1:1 to any chase partner.

With my CSP, I just booked all my airfare and hotels for trip to london on my way to depart on Ovation in april. I transferred my travel points to united (i also got a 50,000 pt bonus for spending 3,000 in the first 3 months) ( I paid my cruise with it) and was able to book all 1st class tickets for under 200,000 points for 2 people.

Chase sapphire (50k signup bonus when spend 4K in 4 months) then 2x points on travel purchases and 1x on everything else. Redeemable point for point/mile with several airlines, hotels etc... Or cash back. I also have chase freedom ink which gives 5x on groceries, office supplies and I put my cable and phone bills on it and get 5x. Learned this from the points guy too...

If you're looking for flights only, U.S. Bank Flexperks Travel Rewards Card is hands down the best one I've found. You can buy (up to) a $400 flight for 20,000 flexperks points. DH and I routinely get a total of at least 3 flights free per year, sometimes 4. That is a value of $1,200-$1,600 per year, I haven't found another card that can touch that. ...and I can put that savings into a higher category stateroom!:D

Love my Capital One Venture. Get 2% in points on all purchases. Then use the points in a 'purchase eraser' to pay for any travel spent on the card. This means I'm not tied to an airline or hotel chain, or blackouts, I just buy my airline tickets, hotel room, cruise, travel meals, etc. on the card, then go in and erase the purchases with my points.

I was looking at the "American Express Blue Cash Preferred". 6% back @ supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year) and 3% for gas.

Does anyone have this card? I'm curious about a couple of things:

- If I buy things like amazon.com gift cards at the supermarket, it would seem like I am effectively getting 6% off at Amazon as well? :)

- Now that Sam's Club takes AMEX, I wonder if that counts as a "supermarket"?

I have found in the past that big box stores, like Sam's, are considered wholesale clubs and do not qualify as supermarkets.

Unless one of our cards has travel as its quarterly 5% bonus item, we use the AARP credit cards. They give 3% back on any travel purchases. I accidentally found out that this included commuter train travel, as well. I don't believe the points expire. When we first got the cards, they were giving 5% on all purchases, with no cap, for the 1st 6 months. We racked up quite a large bonus. :D

I, like many suggest the Barclay Arrival + card. I bit harder to qualify for but, worth it.

I agree! Worth the $89 a year fee, first time I ever paid a fee. Get 2x for every $ spent and then get 10% points back when you redeem for travel. Super easy. Very happy with this card

It got nearly impossible to use the RCCL points for a free cruise, so I switched from BoA RCCL card to their cash rewards card. Earns 3% gas, 2% on groceries (Walmart and target bills included, no matter what I buy), and 1% on everything else. $100 bonus after first $500 charged. No annual fee. Cash rewards are accumulating fast, and I can spend the $$ for any type of travel (or anything else). Just sad because I miss looking at the ship on my card every time I use it!

Also... don't forget to use shopping portals. I go through American or united portals to get to all my online stores... even Groupon is credited 2x thru AA portal. Then use my points card to pay and bam... stacking points!

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

KeyBank MasterCard rewards card is hard to beat.

5x on all purchases, plus 25% monthly bonus on balances over $1000 and 50% monthly bonus on balances over $2000. Check it out!

Actually very beatable since the cash rewards are 1/5th of what others are.

You get 5 points for every dollar vs other cards that only give one on a non gas or grocery purchase, but at the end of the day you have to have 5 times as many points to get the same cash back as the others. You do get the bonuses, but so do the others

Edited by SeaUs