Gym on Millennium

Sammyjodes

Unless I'm confusing it with another ship the Millennium has free weights. Classes are of the normal variety... scam tighten your tummy and lift your butt classes. relatively hardcore spin classes. and Zumba and the like classes. You can also get private "instruction", "classes" for a price.

BTW there are no JUST machines.:rolleyes:

Unless I'm confusing it with another ship the Millennium has free weights. Classes are of the normal variety... scam tighten your tummy and lift your butt classes. relatively hardcore spin classes. and Zumba and the like classes. You can also get private "instruction", "classes" for a price.

BTW there are no JUST machines.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info :)

I haven't been on board for a while, but recall there being the usual machines in the gym, as well as free weights, treadmills, etc.

There were zumba classes as well as regular gym classes, but the space was fairly small and routinely the class would be full & people turned away. Especially if it was a no added charge class. If it is a priority, sign up on the roster early in the cruise.

On Millennium in January. Last two weeks of our B2B, two new fitness trainers arrived, Slavi from Serbia and another guy from Brazil. Free classes include morning stretch, a few abs classes, and a boot camp class. Fee classes are $12 + 18% gratuity and include yoga, Pilates, Zumba and spinning. There were no packages offered as I've seen in the past.

If you want to go to free classes, go 30-15 minutes early to get a spot. This is especially true for stretch classes. These are always crowded.

For fee classes, you can sign up for them on the first day of the cruise. My experience has been that 1/2 of the people that sign up don't go. That is especially true for spinning, not so much for yoga or Pilates - never saw one of those class even close to full. If I remember correctly, you'll only be able to sign up for the next class, not all of them throughout the cruise. I've seen it both ways though. My sense is that many don't like to pay for classes so there is not high demand although spinning always seems to attract a lot of people.

Equipment and free weights in the gym as already noted. How busy the gym gets and how filled the classes are depend on the passenger demographic. The younger the crowd the busier it gets. Just off a Constellation cruise with a very young crowd and the gym was packed from 7-10am and busy again around 4p.

There is a Modern Line Dance class done by the activity staff on the pool deck Round 11a. Keep an eye on the schedule for it. It's kind of a blend of Zumba and line dance. They just can't call it Zumba. It's free. It gets crowded regardless of demographic. Go early and claim your spot.

They have a selection of machines but only one each of resistance type machines - multiples of the popular types of aerobic machines.

They do have free weights but it is just a rack of dumbbells. But unless the seas are pretty smooth I found that using the dumbbells difficult unless you stuck to lighter weights.

Yoga, Pilates, and Zumba classes are an add-on. They automatically add a gratuity and I believe that it comes it at about $14 per class. But the level of instruction has vastly improved since Canyon Ranch Spa took over from the previous company. (Gym, classes, spa operation are outsourced.)

On recent sailings, the classes have been as good or better than land-based studio classes. I hope that you enjoy a similar experience!

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/shiptour.php?ship=Celebrity-Summit&deck=Resort&r=6646

Here's a link to the Summit's gym. The Milli may be a little different but it gives you an idea of what they have.

I'm pretty sure the treadmills were PreCore on the Solstice, but don't know if they're the same on the Summit.