Alcoves On The Silhouette

janetz

When we sailed the Silhouette a few years ago, I debated the same thing. We didn't book one. Once we got on board and realized how over the top the chair hogs were at the pool, I tried to get one but they were all booked. It was my only regret during our cruise. For a sea day, I would grab one in a second. I think I have pictures.... let me see if I can dig them up.

Very Nice. To bad they do not face the sea. Thank you. :)

Janetz, we have rented one a few times and have them reserved twice for our upcoming cruise in August. I have posted about them previously and am a big fan.

Yes they are worth it! We typically reserve at least a few days on board if not the week. We enjoy a comfortable place to sit and great for meeting family or friends. In addition to the comfortable seating (awning goes up to protect you from the sun if you like, as long as the wind isn't horrible), you get nice service. The waiter's bring you water, can get you drinks if you like- if you are on the drink package included, and we even had lunch served to us from the porch- or bring it to the alcove. In the afternoon-or whenever you like, you are served a beautiful cheese platter- also a fruit platter, well suited for 6 guests. If you run out of bottled water or ice, it is also replenished. The cost as of our March cruise, is $99 for port days and $149 for sea days- If you book the week, you actually get one day free. You are close to restrooms and the aft bar- You have to go down one level to get to the pool-but not a big deal as you have a nice seat in the alcove to dry off. Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks everyone. :) Maybe we will do a day. I would jump on it if they were facing the water.

You would be well advised to book Alcove sea day reservations as far out as possible. They fill up pretty fast.

Thanks everyone. :) Maybe we will do a day. I would jump on it if they were facing the water.

You would not enjoy it then. Open to all the people who use the walkway along the rail. You would have no privacy at all and your view would be constantly interrupted by people.

How do you know which alcove is yours, do they assign them and let you know or is the location determined once you get there?

Other than the fruit plate, can you have other food delivered there? Possibly from the room service menu?

How is the drink service there, do you have to call someone when you are ready for a refill or do they generally loop through on occasion?

I'm trying to think through what the day would be like. Thanks!

How do you know which alcove is yours, do they assign them and let you know or is the location determined once you get there?

Other than the fruit plate, can you have other food delivered there? Possibly from the room service menu?

How is the drink service there, do you have to call someone when you are ready for a refill or do they generally loop through on occasion?

I'm trying to think through what the day would be like. Thanks!

the cabanas are assigned in the AM . I prefer one location and in the morning speak to the person in the lawn grill about 9:00 and try to have him assign me my favorite location If booked for a week I stay all week in the same Cabana.

have ordered food from the porch and had lunch delivered in my cabana. other than that we brought food up ourselves.

Cruiseaholic.....any particular reason you choose a specific Alcove? In other words, is one Alcove location better than another (furthest away from restaurant, closest to restaurant, etc). We have one booked and have no clue if we should request a specific one.....

TIA

Cruiseaholic.....any particular reason you choose a specific Alcove? In other words, is one Alcove location better than another (furthest away from restaurant, closest to restaurant, etc). We have one booked and have no clue if we should request a specific one.....

TIA

I like to be on the Porch side, first Alcove closest to the Porch restaurant. First, I am a creature of habit- also typically the side that doesn't get the most sun, and it is on the no smoking side of the ship. You aren't allowed to smoke in the Alcove, but you can at the aft bar- If I cannot get the first Alcove, I pick any on that side. OCD I guess! LOL

Edited by Cruise a holic