Sport coat pressing

oldpharmguy

We always pay for unlimited laundry for our cruise and I understand all that entails. I will wear a sport coat on the airplane to the ship and it will be in bad shape to wear onboard ship for dinner. Is coat pressing available on board and any idea of cost if it is available. Thanks

Yes, there is pressing only available. It can be priced based on per item, or you can purchase a pressing-only package; sounds like you need the per item.

Sorry, I have no idea what the price is.

FWIW, DH wears his jacket on board but then folds it and puts it in the overhead bin if we are coach and it is hung up for him if we are in biz. Both seem to work well. A slight steam with the shower running and the jacket has looked fine with no need for pressing ;).

Not sure of the price either but I don't think it is atrocious.

FWIW, DH wears his jacket on board but then folds it and puts it in the overhead bin if we are coach and it is hung up for him if we are in biz. Both seem to work well. A slight steam with the shower running and the jacket has looked fine with no need for pressing ;).

Not sure of the price either but I don't think it is atrocious.

If we are flying, my Dh does the same..No problem & it does not need to be pressed..It looks fine..BTW I'm a stickler about having pressed clothing & if it looks OK to me, it is..

Edited by serendipity1499

We always pay for unlimited laundry for our cruise and I understand all that entails. I will wear a sport coat on the airplane to the ship and it will be in bad shape to wear onboard ship for dinner. Is coat pressing available on board and any idea of cost if it is available. Thanks

IIRC, the unlimited laundry package includes pressing all items that require it.

Scott & Karen

IIRC, the unlimited laundry package includes pressing all items that require it.

Scott & Karen

Your memory has failed I think ;) Unlimited laundry includes pressing for items sent to laundry. A sports jacket cannot be sent to laundry ;)

Unlimited does not include "pressing only".

I was concerned IIRC correctly so I went to double check. A recent post by RuthC:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50594721&postcount=33

Edited by kazu

I always wear a blazer while traveling - pockets are great for carrying documents, etc - plus I do not have to pack it to have it on board. I generally fold it and lodge it in the overhead on the plane - on top of my carry-on, so it usually comes out OK.

Hanging it in the bathroom with the shower on full hot for a couple of minutes effectively steams out any wrinkles.

Hanging it in the bathroom with the shower on full hot for a couple of minutes effectively steams out any wrinkles.

Yes, you got it. Just don't leave it too much or it will feel 'wet'.

Another 'iron' job.... a handkerchief. Wash with soap and wash well. Wring hard and then paste it on the bathroom mirror. It will dry quickly and you peel it off and will look as if it has been ironed.

Another 'iron' job.... a handkerchief. Wash with soap and wash well. Wring hard and then paste it on the bathroom mirror. It will dry quickly and you peel it off and will look as if it has been ironed.

I bolded that because I find it quite clever.. But unless you use softener, they will probably be hard on the nose..:eek:

Assume you are another man who still uses handkerchief's.. Wish I* could get DH to use tissues when needed, but NO he wants to use a cloth handkerchief.. LOL:):) Thanks for reminding me to pack a couple for him..

Every time I do laundry, have to check his pockets for those darned handkerchief's.. :eek::eek:

Edited by serendipity1499

This method does not work with underpants.

Your memory has failed I think ;) Unlimited laundry includes pressing for items sent to laundry. A sports jacket cannot be sent to laundry ;)

Unlimited does not include "pressing only".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50594721&postcount=33

This is entirely possible, As I get older it seems to be happening more often. We have complementary unlimited laundry from our Marriner's level (and I guess [unknown to me] it must include complementary pressing also. I always cruise with at least nine or ten jackets (I wear a jacket to dinner every night) and after unpacking, I always have them pressed at the start of every cruise. I never recall being charged for this service. Sorry, no intention to spread incorrect information.

Scott & Karen

This is entirely possible, As I get older it seems to be happening more often. We have complementary unlimited laundry from our Marriner's level (and I guess [unknown to me] it must include complementary pressing also. I always cruise with at least nine or ten jackets (I wear a jacket to dinner every night) and after unpacking, I always have them pressed at the start of every cruise. I never recall being charged for this service. Sorry, no intention to spread incorrect information.

Scott & Karen

No worries:). Dh's jackets are also offered to pressed compliemtary but our situation is not the same as the OP's ;).

We have never needed the pressing. Thankfully he doesn't pack as many jackets as you. I have a hard enough time with suitcase packing as it is ;)

I watched a YouTube video on how to fold a suit and package it in a large ziploc bag for packing in a suitcase. I tried it on my husband's suit and sport coats that he takes cruising and it works like a charm. Any wrinkles just hang out overnight.

The bags are rather heavy duty and, with care, they will last for several cruises.

No worries:).We have never needed the pressing. Thankfully he doesn't pack as many jackets as you. I have a hard enough time with suitcase packing as it is ;)

My system for packing is really very simple. I put a sport jacket on a hanger along with a contrasting pair of slacks and a complementary color shirt. I then take three hangers and put them in a garment bag. Then finally I lay my three garment bags flat in a large 36inch rolling duffel. I also toss in a couple of pairs of Jeans and some shoes. This takes care of nine jackets and slacks. The rest of my stuff goes in another rolling duffel.