Categories

PoppyandNana

yes, currently every Celebrity cruise I search is sold out in every category. Business must be very good.:D Classic Celebrity IT issue.

Probably just their typical Saturday night maintenance. ;)

They should be back up tomorrow.

As others have remarked, zillions of times, it would be nice if they would at least display a notice.

Probably just their typical Saturday night maintenance. ;)

They should be back up tomorrow.

As others have remarked, zillions of times, it would be nice if they would at least display a notice.

Doubt it, it's been that way for a few weeks now. We were booking a cruise and went to cruisedeckplans.com It's a great TA tool, and covers all lines/ships. It has great info including oversized verandahs, crew stairways, soot reports for aft cabins, refurbishment dates, great deck plans. Wouldn't book a cruise without checking it out. It also has lots of cabin pictures etc. I love X, but their IT department is A MESS!...and has been for years

What happened to the category designation on X's website? How are you supposed to distinguish one category from another?

This has been a bug, or new enhanced feature (depending on whether you are a user or from their IT Dept [emoji38]) for a while now. I sometimes see the category codes quickly flash up then disappear when the cabin selections first appear on screen.

I sure hope it's a bug and not a permanent change - and they fix it soon as agree it's rather frustrating.

I now mainly use TA websites that still show this info thankfully!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, it is most likely the famous Celebrity Saturday night maintenance.

No matter which stateroom category I check, it displays the message

Oops.

Unfortunately we ran out of (name of category) staterooms for this sailing.

The last time this happened on a Saturday night, all my booked reservations disappeared from my account as well.

So I just decided to log in to my Celebrity account to check on my reservations, and it says

You currently have no reservations..

But since this is Saturday night, I am not going to worry about it.

If the same messages are still displayed when I check again tomorrow afternoon, I can start worrying then.

So good night and pleasant dreams everyone, or good morning or good afternoon, depending on where you happen to be.

What happened to the category designation on X's website? How are you supposed to distinguish one category from another?
It appears to be another one of those weird, annoying Celebrity website quirks, but at least this one has some easy work-arounds.

The category designations are still displayed on Celebrity's UK website

(or at least they were still there the last time I checked).

So you can keep both the US and UK websites open and cross reference them.

Or another way is to use any deck plan for your ship that you prefer (printed or online). Just find one of the available cabins numbers displayed and look at the deck plan to see which category it is in.

I like to use the nice laminated color-coded deck plans (approximately 8 X 11 inches) that are available onboard for both M Class and S Class ships.

As for the Celebrity website, at this point, we are just happy that Jr has not come back again :eek: (keeping fingers crossed).

Edited by varoo

The category designations are still displayed on Celebrity's UK website

(or at least they were still there the last time I checked).

So you can keep both the US and UK websites open and cross reference them.

It looks like one of the other options I was intending to list got lost my previous post:

Or use any of the numerous third-party travel websites that display this information; whichever you prefer.

Yet again the cause of all those categories showing as unavailable turned out to be the Saturday night maintenance.

It is now Sunday afternoon and the categories that had the "Oops" message last night are back showing as available again.

I just checked my Celebrity account, and the reservations that were missing last night are now back too. :)