Port Canaveral parking discount going bye bye

Capt_BJ

is has been rumored, but not confirmed that the 40% parking discount thru certain hotels for parking at Port Canaveral is ending soon .... from another web site ....

"... ending Feb 28, 2017 ..... This is based on the manager of one of the hotels that offers the discount coupon, who had it "in writing." The desk clerks I spoke with today knew of it coming. They didn't know for sure if this was for all hotels, but believed so, since it was based on notification from the Port Canaveral office."

IMO not a BIG surprise ... with the arrival of OASIS and EPIC to PC the weekly passenger count is way up. I noticed last Sunday that the two most popular off site parking places were bursting at the seams full. Me thinks the port won't be having trouble filling their garages for a while .... and the popular off sites have raised their 'advance purchase' rates by $2 a day ..... and I'll bet the hotels are 'right there' too

GOOD for my community ..... you pay a tourist tax ...... thank you

don't ask questions .... this is ALL I know

Edited by Capt_BJ

is has been rumored, but not confirmed that the 40% parking discount thru certain hotels for parking at Port Canaveral is ending soon .... from another web site ....

"... ending Feb 28, 2017 ..... This is based on the manager of one of the hotels that offers the discount coupon, who had it "in writing." The desk clerks I spoke with today knew of it coming. They didn't know for sure if this was for all hotels, but believed so, since it was based on notification from the Port Canaveral office."

IMO not a BIG surprise ... with the arrival of OASIS and EPIC to PC the weekly passenger count is way up. I noticed last Sunday that the two most popular off site parking places were bursting at the seams full. Me thinks the port won't be having trouble filling their garages for a while .... and the popular off sites have raised their 'advance purchase' rates by $2 a day ..... and I'll bet the hotels are 'right there' too

GOOD for my community ..... you pay a tourist tax ...... thank you

don't ask questions .... this is ALL I know

Will check with our hotel, but does the Feb. 28, 2016 date apply to the day we park or to the day we return. We sail on Oasis of the Seas on Feb. 26, 2017 for a week.

I appreciate the information. From what research I have been doing, there was some indications on at least one PC hotel's web site that a change was going to take place. For the January 22nd cruise aboard Carnival Liberty, my hotel in Titusville will still offer the voucher. I know that for certain because I booked directly with the hotel and have such confirmation of the voucher on my e-mailed confirmation.

With an increased passenger count for the Port, do I need to start to be concerned about parking space in the Garage near the Carnival Terminal?

She's using T10, the old Royal Terminal.
That's good to hear John. I remember how crowded the garage was when FR, EX and EN were all using the new garage next to Terminal 1. We will still get there early and I am going to talk to our hotel (Homewood Suites about whether the voucher is good for a cruise leaving on 2-26-2017 (2 days before the policy change takes effect.).

I don't know how many people Epic holds but it is probably less than OA.