Princess totes and soda only card on Regal update

h-sar

There had been a few threads about these topics (and, of course, I can't find them now, so have to start a new thread.)

Just an update from our Regal New Yrs cruise...

I wanted to purchase a soda only card as I've been doing for the past 10 years. I know that a few people had indicated that they were still able to do so within the last month or so, even though Princess has done away with them in favour of the Soda plus more cards. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get one from no less than 8 different individuals over the course of the first two days. I even went to passenger services to no avail.

We did not receive the blue Princess totes for the first time ever. No big deal to me as we prefer napsacks, but I know my mom was disappointed. There were a small few to be seen, brought on by people who'd received them in past cruises. I did ask our steward so that I could report back here. He said that they simply did not receive any to give out and were not told why.

Nice that you actually asked about the reason rather than simply adding more speculation. Bummer about the bags as, here in (freaking idiotic) California we have to provide our own grocery bags and we use our Princess bags for that purpose.

There had been a few threads about these topics (and, of course, I can't find them now, so have to start a new thread.)

We did not receive the blue Princess totes for the first time ever. No big deal to me as we prefer napsacks, but I know my mom was disappointed. There were a small few to be seen, brought on by people who'd received them in past cruises. I did ask our steward so that I could report back here. He said that they simply did not receive any to give out and were not told why.

we were on Regal in Dec and we did get the blue totes. lots of people on the ship were using them. i even used mine a couple of days

we were on Regal in Dec and we did get the blue totes. lots of people on the ship were using them. i even used mine a couple of days

The OP didn't say they were disappearing from the fleet but rather that the steward said they weren't given any to hand out on that particular cruise. Remember that Princess isn't always consistent. It could have just been some supply fluke.

Edited by Thrak

Bummer about the bags as, here in (freaking idiotic) California we have to provide our own grocery bags and we use our Princess bags for that purpose.

Here in San Francisco, at least, you can still get grocery bags but at 10 cents a pop, encouraging people to carry reusable bags. And most plastic bags and styrofoam food containers are banned, as well as the city government not using plastic-bottled water. Having volunteered to do wetlands clean-up for years, I don't think that helping the world be less trash-filled is idiotic at all.

And, honestly, after me and the hubby receiving forty-plus blue bags, of late just leaving them in the cabin or giving them away, I'd be fine if Princess supplied bags on a request-only basis.

Edited by shepp

I wanted to purchase a soda only card as I've been doing for the past 10 years. I know that a few people had indicated that they were still able to do so within the last month or so, even though Princess has done away with them in favour of the Soda plus more cards. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get one from no less than 8 different individuals over the course of the first two days. I even went to passenger services to no avail.

The soda only package has not been available for more a year.

I wonder if the blue bag issue was just your room steward. We were on the December 11th cruise and received the bags.

Definitely wasn't available on the Regal Dec 29 sailing. We had cabins on 3 different decks and no one received one (no great loss to anyone other than my mom :). Others said the same, so it was definitely cruise wide. No great loss to me, but I know some posters had been asking about them.

A few posters had been successful in being able to purchase one as late as early December on various ships, so I was hoping for the best. No luck, darn it :(

DW and I were on the Regal ast month. Got one tote only.

Happy cruising in 2017, and God willing, in the future.

Here in San Francisco, at least, you can still get grocery bags but at 10 cents a pop, encouraging people to carry reusable bags. And most plastic bags and styrofoam food containers are banned, as well as the city government not using plastic-bottled water. Having volunteered to do wetlands clean-up for years, I don't think that helping the world be less trash-filled is idiotic at all.

Amen

And, honestly, after me and the hubby receiving forty-plus blue bags, of late just leaving them in the cabin or giving them away, I'd be fine if Princess supplied bags on a request-only basis.

Thrak,

So, why is California freaking idiotic? I just don't get it.;). Please explain.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Definitely wasn't available on the Regal Dec 29 sailing. We had cabins on 3 different decks and no one received one (no great loss to anyone other than my mom :). Others said the same, so it was definitely cruise wide. No great loss to me, but I know some posters had been asking about them.

We were on the Regal for the 12/18 & 12/29 cruises and no bags were given to us on either one. On the 1st cruise the cabin steward said they had run out of them & she expected to have them the next cruise. On the 2nd cruise she said they didn't get any. We were on the Caribbean just before the Regal and we're given the bags there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

On the Regal repositioning cruise from New York end of October, I was sold the Soda only package first station I stopped at. I was purchasing the Soda and More package for my granddaughter, but declined for myself, because I can't do the "more", only the soda and the salesman told me that I could just buy the "soda only".

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On the Regal repositioning cruise from New York end of October, I was sold the Soda only package first station I stopped at. I was purchasing the Soda and More package for my granddaughter, but declined for myself, because I can't do the "more", only the soda and the salesman told me that I could just buy the "soda only".

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Lucky you:)! I literally went from station to station and then went back to the same stations when new attendants were selling, hoping I'd luck out with somebody. Got rejected every time. Some of the newbie crew didn't even know what I was talking about, or decided it was an easier tactic :D

Lucky you:)! I literally went from station to station and then went back to the same stations when new attendants were selling, hoping I'd luck out with somebody. Got rejected every time. Some of the newbie crew didn't even know what I was talking about, or decided it was an easier tactic :D

As others have noted, they are consistently inconsistent.

Our two cabins received the totes in November on a Hawaii sailing from San Pedro. No problem. They just showed up.

So, why is California freaking idiotic? I just don't get it.;). Please explain.
It's a new California law that went into effect on January 1st. No bags at any store. You have to bring your own. Doesn't matter whether it's a supermarket, drug, dollar, etc. store. Or, pay $.10/bag. I bought a large roll of plastic bags I now use when going to the store.

It's been a while but we received the tote last May on the Regal. I use them for shopping (except meats still use plastic) I like them. Wish they still had the canvas ones though they were small just large enough for a book or two and a few odds & ends. Still use mine when we go to the park.

As for the soda card my husband had no issue getting this as he always has right at the IC when I got my first latte :) of the trip. He only drinks soda so hope this is possible on our upcoming trip in April as you can't bring your own.