Stopping at Grand Turk? Important request

tvlworm

Sharing this important request!

For all of the cruisers if you can help. If you are making a stop in Grand Turk, please read :

In case you didn't know and your cruise has a stop in Grand Turk: The library in Grand Turk burned down in March. Just think if everyone brought a book to donate to the children in Grand Turk. The Library would soon have replacement books for their library. Ms. Vieira said to please drop any books off to Joanne Buddle of Ocean Vibes. She is directly in the center square as soon as disembark Booth number 8 it's a water sports booth. Everyone's generosity is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will be there in just over 2 weeks... packing a few books now to take. Thanks for the info on how we can help.

Squeezed 3 really nice books on animals in my bag, that was tight but I made it lol!!!

Edited by wemjam

For all of the cruisers if you can help. If you are making a stop in Grand Turk, please read :

In case you didn't know and your cruise has a stop in Grand Turk: The library in Grand Turk burned down in March. Just think if everyone brought a book to donate to the children in Grand Turk. The Library would soon have replacement books for their library. Ms. Vieira said to please drop any books off to Joanne Buddle of Ocean Vibes. She is directly in the center square as soon as disembark Booth number 8 it's a water sports booth. Everyone's generosity is greatly appreciated!

you're a saint tvlworm! Thanks for posting this. else we might never have known. Good time to weed out both children, YA and Adult books.

Wow, thanks for posting this. I won't be in Grand Turk until next February on a Royal Caribbean ship (yeah, that IS kinda rare), but I'll certainly bring along some books if they are still accepting them at that time.

--Moreover, I'll mention it to the people going on that charter cruise and see if we can get even more books brought. Our last charter went to Haiti and we took up a collection for charity work there, so people should be willing to help.

I posted your message in my group, we will be on Carnival Magic, May 6 . Thank you for sharing

We're leaving next weekend, and will definitely bring some! Are they only looking for young children's books, or do they need adult books too?

I'm not sure but I'm thinking books for all ages would be appreciated!

I would love to do this but we don't cruise there until April 2018. Guess I can check back to see if they still need them.

Whomever goes next could ask if the also need adult paperback fiction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk