50 kts winds and 6 to 12 meter waves on Bay of Biscaye

deec

The safety glass on our balcony shattered but did not fall onto the balcony. We are way forward deck 3. Waves were breaking over the bow.

Ride is bouncy but not terrible. Far more motion in the bow.

Our stop in Porto was cancelled, gym and spa closed early evening, and last night's entertainment in star theatre will be rescheduled.

I have a picture taken on the iPad but can't figure out how to post it. The cc attachment says it is too large. Any hints?

We are on the Barcelona, Baltic and Beyond on the SKY. Ship is as good as reported.

All is well

Not dangerous

Walk low and wide was recommendation of trip director!

And staying off balcony!

Yes because if you go on the balcony you may suddenly be off it!

Enjoy the excitement and have a fun cruise.

Bay of Biscaye is noted for its swift storms. Glad you weatherd the storm without too much damage.

What is your next port of call? Bilbao?

Last summer we did a private tour to various Basque fishing villages out of Bilbao. One of them had a sea wall of concrete that suffered major damage from a storm off the Bay the year before.

Next port is jersey island in England's Channel Islands. Saw the crew learning about the tenders this afternoon. Captain is not anticipating issues but we are still hours away from our anchorage.

Will have past cruisers cocktails this evening and our group will have our second dinner at the Chef's Table....Asian theme tonight. The menu will change 7 times this cruise.

The safety glass on our balcony shattered but did not fall onto the balcony. We are way forward deck 3. Waves were breaking over the bow.

Ride is bouncy but not terrible. Far more motion in the bow.

Our stop in Porto was cancelled, gym and spa closed early evening, and last night's entertainment in star theatre will be rescheduled.

I have a picture taken on the iPad but can't figure out how to post it. The cc attachment says it is too large. Any hints?

We are on the Barcelona, Baltic and Beyond on the SKY. Ship is as good as reported.

Frog and Toad's Wild Adventure!! Glad to hear that you are all safe and sound in spite of the high seas.

This is the only way to share large images on CC. Upload the picture to some third-party picture viewing/sharing website (like Shutterfly or SmugMug or any other).

Then, get the URL for the image location, not for the webpage that it is on, which is what shows in the browser bar, but for the image itself. I am not an iPad user and so I cannot tell you exactly how to do this. Maybe someone who knows can tell us how to do it. I do know that on my PC, I just right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location" from the list of choices.

Next, go to the message you want to add the image to and when you are ready to insert the image choose the insertimage.gif icon from the editing toolbar. An instruction window will open and all you have to do is to paste the URL/Image location that you copied earlier into the window and hit enter. Your image should now magically appear in the editor window,

If it doesn't show up, then you have grabbed the wrong URL.

We hit high seas on the Star in the North Sea! Waves were splashing well above our deck line early one evening - and we were on deck four slightly forward! It was pretty crazy, but not scary.....the ship handled it so well. The following day was rocking pretty good, but everyone just used hand rails and took extra care when moving.

I have been on other ships, in much lower seas, and found it to be more rough than the Star was.

The experience provided good stories to share!! :loudcry::loudcry:

Glad everything is ok. We may be alone in this but we absolutely love rough seas. We rode out a hurricane in the Pacific one year because it changed it's course at the last minute. Thankfully we take meclizine whether we need it or not.

Bay of Biscaye is noted for its swift storms. Glad you weatherd the storm without too much damage.

What is your next port of call? Bilbao?

Last summer we did a private tour to various Basque fishing villages out of Bilbao. One of them had a sea wall of concrete that suffered major damage from a storm off the Bay the year before.

Don't mean to derail the thread but could you provide the tour you went on in the Basque? Sounds wonderful. We will be in Bilbao in 2018 for the second time and this tour is perfect.

Don't mean to derail the thread but could you provide the tour you went on in the Basque? Sounds wonderful. We will be in Bilbao in 2018 for the second time and this tour is perfect.

Terrier,

Here is their web site:

http://basqueexperiences.com

Out tour guide was Eric Radler. There were 8 of us. He took us to the coast and two fishing villages along with a quick stop in Blibao and Gernica to see the mural of the Picasso's greatest painting. Tell him Patti from Bev's group from the Constellation ( July 2016) recommended you contact him.It was a magical day and really got to see the real Basque country side.

Now back tot he topic of the this thread. :)

Terrier,

Here is their web site:

http://basqueexperiences.com

Out tour guide was Eric Radler. There were 8 of us. He took us to the coast and two fishing villages along with a quick stop in Blibao and Gernica to see the mural of the Picasso's greatest painting. Tell him Patti from Bev's group from the Constellation ( July 2016) recommended you contact him.It was a magical day and really got to see the real Basque country side.

Now back to the topic of the this thread. :)

Thank you very much. I love this area.