All things Adventure of the Seas!

Inspired by the the other "All Things" threads, I wanted to start one for the AOS!

So let's talk about another great RCCL ship...Adventure of the Seas!!

We're sailing on her for the first time in March and would love to find out all about her!!! :D

Anyone else out there?!?

• 1 month later...

This will be my new favorite thread for my favorite ship!!!!

I have sailed on the AOS 3 times so far, and will be doing another B2B this coming February.

I have sailed in a Grand Suite, Junior Suite and D1 cabin (the D1 was a replacement cabin while they were working on an issue with my JS!). I have sailed aft and hump on the AOS :)

I have saved the majority of cruise compasses and also had the opportunity to tour the Bridge and meet the Captain.

I have several albums of pictures on webshots - just search under ckrobyn101 and you will find them!

Great idea for this thread! Thanks Soozay!! :D

This was our first (and only) cruise. My gosh, where do you start? We had a JS and just loved everything about this ship. There has been several threads stating the unpleasant atmosphere on the AOS. I didnt have a single complaint. Loved the different cultures. We actually have new best friends that we meet on the cruise, they live in San Juan, and we have stayed in touch since. The food and service was wonderful, we feel in love with the bartenders at the pool bar and spent a whole bunch of time and money there, lol. I have faxed several people the compass and would fax to anyone that wants one.

Cant wait for our next cruise, and it will be on the AOS again.

I have posted the links on several threads in the past week, but as fast as threads disappear you might have missed them...Again, here are the links to photos of Adventure, from last weeks Barbados route....

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560365062BUnpbY

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560365597vHmGKo

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560366171wjlKPi

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560363752kRpavw

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560365765zbeZfU

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560364984SPVdCQ

No ship carrying 3000 people, week after week will ever be perfect for everybody...The food will never satisfy everybody...Personal service on board will not make everybody happy...I am glad I am not "Everybody", because "I" loved every minute......:D

This was our first (and only) cruise. My gosh, where do you start? We had a JS and just loved everything about this ship. There has been several threads stating the unpleasant atmosphere on the AOS. I didnt have a single complaint. Loved the different cultures. We actually have new best friends that we meet on the cruise, they live in San Juan, and we have stayed in touch since. The food and service was wonderful, we feel in love with the bartenders at the pool bar and spent a whole bunch of time and money there, lol. I have faxed several people the compass and would fax to anyone that wants one.

Cant wait for our next cruise, and it will be on the AOS again.

My second cruise was this past May on the AOS; went to Bermuda on the Explorer last year. For some reason, I enjoyed this one more, maybe because the first one was only a 5 day, and too short!

I too had read about the "unpleasant atmosphere" but didn't encounter anything at all. I used to try and listen to the announcements in Spanish, to see if I could remember any of what I learned in HS, but aside from a word here or there, that was it.

The ship was beautiful, and in spite of being on for a week, STILL didn't see or do anything I wanted to. I have never been to any of the promenade bars; did the BLue Moon Lounge one night, and Jesters another...discovered a new fave cocktail, Ruby Red Martini!

I just loved the whole experience; being on a floating hotel, seeing beautiful islands, and doing a lot or nothing at all....I'm a very high strung person, but I have to say, that was the MOST relaxing vacation I've ever taken. I did the Aruba route, and came THIS close to booking the Barbados route for next year, found the same cabin class for $959 (E1, Deck 7 balcony) - but just coudn't do it financially.

You will have a wonderful time, ENJOY!!! I'm just said I can't go again for a while.

AOS was my second cruise, first on RCI. It was our honeymoon cruise, and we loved the itinerary so much we are doing many of the same islands and more next year on her sister ship Explorer. I wouldn't hesitate to go on AOS again if the timing was right. She is a beautiful ship and had a wonderful crew. If it wasn't for the positive experience I had on that ship, I might not be cruising anymore! :eek:

We have sailed the Adventure twice, taking advantage of the two itineraries. We are booked in May for the Aruba route! Again! We have had nothing but wonderful experiences and can't wait to go again. For the summer months, the Adventure has the best ports and itineraries out there!

Inspired by the the other "All Things" threads, I wanted to start one for the AOS!

We're sailing on her for the first time in March and would love to find out all about her!!! :D

Anyone else out there?!?

Just got back 8/19 and posted a review and will galdly share my pics....I thought the ports were the best thing about the trip...although the sheer size of AOS was impressive....the facilites UNREAL...you never run out of things to do...simply not enough hours in the day!

Review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31802

Pics:

http://carneyscaribbean0807.shutterfly.com?a=1

Anyone else out there?!?

Great thread neighbor!;)

The AOS will be my first voyager class ship. So what is so great about the promenade cafe......is it a mix of stores, places to eat and bars?

As for AOS, for us too, it is a great ship. We're on it coming up Sept 30, 2007 for the third time. Two other couples joining us. I guess the only complaint for us is that they don't have the CHOPS steakhouse on board. There's definitely plenty of room for it on this behemoth, so not sure why they didn't add it.

You'll absolutely love it.

Rockin' the Boat!

p.s. - it's especially cool when you pull into port with other cruise lines in and you're looking down their smoke funnels!! That's how big this ship is.

Great thread neighbor!;)

The AOS will be my first voyager class ship. So what is so great about the promenade cafe......is it a mix of stores, places to eat and bars?

I love the Royal Promenade :D Aside from the Cafe, there is a sports bar, a pub and several shops to browse around in. You can grab a slice of pizza, a gourmet sandwich, dessert, cookies, fruit etc from the cafe or indulge in some Ben and Jerrys ice cream :)

I'm so glad this thread is really jumpin! I can't wait to go on AOS in March (2nd)....we just loved NOS when we sailed on her in May of 2003 for our honeymoon...can't wait to go on another Voyager Class ship! :D

Now I have to go catch-up with all of the postings! :rolleyes:

I love the Royal Promenade :D Aside from the Cafe, there is a sports bar, a pub and several shops to browse around in. You can grab a slice of pizza, a gourmet sandwich, dessert, cookies, fruit etc from the cafe or indulge in some Ben and Jerrys ice cream :)

Thanks! Aside from the Ben & Jerry's ice cream, is everything else free?

Anyone else love those bathrooms beside Portofino's?

Huh?:confused:

Thanks! Aside from the Ben & Jerry's ice cream, is everything else free?

Huh?:confused:

Yes, aside from Ben and Jerry's, everything in the Cafe Promenade is included/free :)

The bathrooms beside Portofino (specialty restaurant) have floor to ceiling windows with an incredible view of the ocean! Make sure you check out the view when nature calls :rolleyes:

Archived