All things Adventure of the Seas!

We have adjoining cabins on the deck 9 toward the front of the ship. My dh & I have the first balcony cabin with the 3 kids in the adjoining oceanview.

This will be our first cruise! How do you think these cabins will be for noise, rocking, etc?

Anything I should do to get the family excited (they are a bit nervous)?

We're on the 3-30-08 sailing.

THANKS! :)

We will be on AOS 4/27/08. Looking forward to Southern Caribbean (Barbados). This will be the first Southern itenerary we have done. We are very excited about the ports and the ship. Have booked some great excursions. We have a Roll-Call if anyone is going with us...Please come Join in.

Smart move having 2 adjoining cabins. We cruised on the EOS in June '05, and now are doing the AOS in June '08. We have side-by-side PR cabins on deck 8. Would've loved deck 7 but couldn't get adjoining ones; but since the kids are a little older, this will be just fine. Did this itinerary on the Radiance and really looking forward to this one with the kids

My family will be on the 1/6/2008 sailing. This is our 4th cruise but first on RCCL. It sounds like we have picked a great ship. I fell in love with the itinerary. I have to admit some of these negative reviews lately were starting to bug me but I think the good reviews outweigh the bad. You can't please everyone and some people are definitely less tolerant than others. Its amusing to read "the food was terrible", "the food was wonderful" in back to back reviews. So I guess the best thing is to experience it yourself. LOL. Anyway this is our first balcony room (our kids have the inside overlooking the promenade directly across from us) so we're really looking forward to it. I'm enjoying the pictures and info. Hoping to meet some others in a meet and mingle but so far there doesn't seem to be many responses so we'll see.

Susan

Just got off the AOS 11/11. LOVED IT!!! Had a grate time. The ship was beautiful and we found the staff very courteous and helpful. The new bedding was fabulous. As far as clientèle, I think it is just hit or miss and folks should make the most of the trip. We had tons of fun and no complaints. We are now quite spoiled as we stayed in a RFS #8694. WOW what a view from that huge balcony. We don't have all our pics up yet, but here is a link to 220 of them! :D

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=n79peti.ah9q4qee&x=0&h=1&y=-k27oh8

Enjoy!

Just got off the AOS 11/11. LOVED IT!!! Had a grate time. The ship was beautiful and we found the staff very courteous and helpful. The new bedding was fabulous. As far as clientèle, I think it is just hit or miss and folks should make the most of the trip. We had tons of fun and no complaints. We are now quite spoiled as we stayed in a RFS #8694. WOW what a view from that huge balcony. We don't have all our pics up yet, but here is a link to 220 of them! :D

Enjoy!

Wow, you have great pictures! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had wonderful sunny skies! Can you tell me what beach that was on 11/08?? Thanks.

Wow, you have great pictures! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had wonderful sunny skies! Can you tell me what beach that was on 11/08?? Thanks.

That would be Darkwood on Antigua. Lots of beaches on that island. We wanted something a little slower paced than Dickenson. We obviously enjoyed it! No snorkling but a beautiful beach to swim and relax!

The beach that is not to be missed is Trunk Bay on St. John. (small ferry ride from St. Thomas)

Alison

Enjoy!

Wow! I loved the photos! We don't sail until May 08 but it is exciting to see photos! Thanks!

Enjoy!

Great pics! I sure do miss her!

hi all great thread...my 2 daughters 14 and 10 want to snorkel while we are on the AOS in February. WE snorkled in Grand Cayman last year. Any ideas of snorkling excursions either thru the ship or other companies? please advise...thanks in advance!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been out of this thread for a while. Do any of you know if the balcony partitions can be opened to share one big balcony with your travel companions in the cabin next to you?

I have asked this before on another thread, but did not seem to get a definitive answer.

We are all booked together, all 17 cabins of us, and would love to open up our balconies. We have done that on our CCL cruises and that is SO much fun!

kathyanddick

I have been out of this thread for a while. Do any of you know if the balcony partitions can be opened to share one big balcony with your travel companions in the cabin next to you?

I have asked this before on another thread, but did not seem to get a definitive answer.

We are all booked together, all 17 cabins of us, and would love to open up our balconies. We have done that on our CCL cruises and that is SO much fun!

kathyanddick

No they can't be opened. We would have liked to open ours too. FOS balconies can be opened.

Archived