All things Adventure of the Seas!

....OK....pondering changing our reservation.

We are presently booked for one week in Sept '08 in an OS on AOS on the Aruba route

This is our ten year anniversary, so I thought why not spend the $$s, it is still cheaper than Hawaii!!!! Plans are one night pre-cruise and 3 night post cruise.

Now I get to thinkin' more. We are already taking 2 weeks off from work. What about a B2B with just a balcony cabin and still keep the pre-cruise night too. Our thoughts are that we would be wiped out going back to work the next day after we get back.

any thoughtS?

Seaside, this will be our first time ever on the starboard side...every cruise we've been on we've been on the port side, so I'm not sure as to which is better.

txskier, I would also suggest a B2B with 1 day precruise in Puerto Rico. I think you'll get much more "bang for your buck" and really think you'll be happy you decided on the B2B. It really is very relaxing knowing you have 2 full weeks and don't have to rush to do everything in one week.

Roe, we would surely offer a place to sleep for a couple of nights on week 2...just think, you could go from cabin to cabin that week, see some different cabins, get to know us better, etc., heck, I think it's a great idea! :)

We will be in cabin 1300. Does anyone know anything about this cabin? I'm trying to find out about the balcony and the structure of the ship. One year our view was really ruined, as the structure of the ship cut out a large portion of the balcony as it was right at the curve of the ship at the hump on floor 10. I'd appreciate any info!

Have a good day everyone!

Seaside, this will be our first time ever on the starboard side...every cruise we've been on we've been on the port side, so I'm not sure as to which is better.

txskier, I would also suggest a B2B with 1 day precruise in Puerto Rico. I think you'll get much more "bang for your buck" and really think you'll be happy you decided on the B2B. It really is very relaxing knowing you have 2 full weeks and don't have to rush to do everything in one week.

Roe, we would surely offer a place to sleep for a couple of nights on week 2...just think, you could go from cabin to cabin that week, see some different cabins, get to know us better, etc., heck, I think it's a great idea! :)

We will be in cabin 1300. Does anyone know anything about this cabin? I'm trying to find out about the balcony and the structure of the ship. One year our view was really ruined, as the structure of the ship cut out a large portion of the balcony as it was right at the curve of the ship at the hump on floor 10. I'd appreciate any info!

Have a good day everyone!

I don't know about 1300 - but we had 1324 the first time we sailed the AOS. I thought the view was fantastic and didn't notice any issues with the view at all. The balcony for 1324 is almost twice the size of the Owner's Suite's balcony, so not sure if that had something to do with it?

You can view my photos if you'd like - just go to webshots and do a search for ckrobyn101 and you will find my AOS albums!

....OK....pondering changing our reservation.

We are presently booked for one week in Sept '08 in an OS on AOS on the Aruba route

This is our ten year anniversary, so I thought why not spend the $$s, it is still cheaper than Hawaii!!!! Plans are one night pre-cruise and 3 night post cruise.

Now I get to thinkin' more. We are already taking 2 weeks off from work. What about a B2B with just a balcony cabin and still keep the pre-cruise night too. Our thoughts are that we would be wiped out going back to work the next day after we get back.

any thoughtS?

Funny - 'cause we decided on a B2B the first time after realizing if we were spending 3 nights in San Juan anyways - we may as well be on the ship! BEST decision we made!:D

Go for the B2B - I promise you will not regret it!!!

ok so I'm trying to find out if there is a preferred side to Adventure. Port or starboard on the Aruba route. I have 9390 but see 9690 has opened up for my sailing. ckrobyn, can you help? or anyone who has done the Aruba route before. What do you prefer?

Keep in mind that ships do not always dock on the same side at a particular port, but when we were on Adventure she docked with her port side to the pier in Aruba and Curacao. So decide if you would rather look out over the town or the water and choose accordingly. Then hope that the ship docks the way that you had planned on!

What a great thread. I just finished reading all of your posts and now I am more excited than ever. This will be my 3rd RCCL cruise, but first time on the Adventure of the Seas. I was on the Voyager the first year it was out, 2000 I think. I loved it so much and can't wait to sail on her sister ship.

I love the ideas of where to have the best evening drinks. At the Duck n Dog or the Sports Bar. I am sure we will do it all. Or at least try.

Everyone says not to miss the ice show. We did not get to see it on the Voyager, so may try hard to see it on this ship. We are sailing on Feb. 24th '08. There are 42 of us in our group. Most of us know each other, but not all. We are mostly in our 40s, 50s and 3 are in their 30s. No kids! Although we might treat the 30 somethings like kids. HA!!!

Thanks for all the pics. I love looking at other cruisers pics because I am a lousy "picture taker" and mine never turn out like I want.

Keep the good info coming. I am eating it up!!!

kathyanddick

Funny - 'cause we decided on a B2B the first time after realizing if we were spending 3 nights in San Juan anyways - we may as well be on the ship! BEST decision we made!:D

Go for the B2B - I promise you will not regret it!!!

OK...we discussed this last night and decided to stick with original plan for the OS and 3 extra nights in SJ. But I have to tell ya'll, I am not quite convinced on just the one week. Will keep up the work on convincing DW, we still have a year to go!!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed one night post cruise last March at the Caribe Hilton. We were upgraded to the Hilton Honors tower, awesome rooms. I liked that the Hilton was on the ocean with a beach and also had an infinity pool.

I found the food expensive. We ended up eating at the Subway around the corner which was fine as we had certainly overindulged during the cruise. It was an excellant way to end our vacation and avoid the crowds on Sunday at the airport. This year we are staying one night pre cruise at the Comfort Inn but I hope to get into the Caribe at a good rate thru priceline sometime this fall.

KathyJ

Hi

We are thinking of doing the May ruise on AOS as well-- any suggestions as to location of a cabin-= we have been on Mariner and loved it-- we were mid ship on the concierge deck-- looking for something equivalent-- any suggestions ? Thanks Pam

Hi All!

No, I haven't forgotten about you....I've been so busy getting ready for our Disney trip (10/7) I haven't had time to talk to my AOS friends!

I HAD to let you know what's on the Travel Channel today (9/15)....

Great Cruises - ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS at 7:00pm Eastern, I am SO Tivoing this!!:D :D :D

Hi All!

No, I haven't forgotten about you....I've been so busy getting ready for our Disney trip (10/7) I haven't had time to talk to my AOS friends!

Great Cruises - ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS at 7:00pm Eastern, I am SO Tivoing this!!:D :D :D

I don't get the Travel Channel here!!! uuuugh!!!

Can someone tape it for me???? Please......pretty please??? :o

Hi All!

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't seen this one yet so I will be watching tonight.:D

Hi All!

Soozaay, thanks for the heads up on tonights Travel Channel show on AOS. We missed it a couple of weeks ago when it was on during the week when we had to work. I now know where I'll be at 7pm tonight thanks to you.:)

Yaaay! I was on the Explorer thread for a while for support pre-cruise (I got home last night) and now that I'm back I'm soooo on my post cruise buzz and I'm ready for the Adventure in January!!! I almost feel guilty because I love the Explorer so much but I'm sure the AOS will be awesome too. We're getting married in Aruba so I'm a little nervous about that but otherwise I'm going crazy with excitement!!

Laura

• 1 month later...
Hi - great ides to chat here - I am booked on a B2B next July and the time is passing soooo slowly! This will be a good place to get tips etc from.

Hi Dr.Seuss. We are on AOS in July also, July 20th. This will be our first time on her and in San Juan. Can't wait!!!:D :D YES, time is passing by VERY SLOOOOWLY!!!!!:o

We will be on the July 20th and 27th cruises. So it looks like you will getting off when we get on. Please put a towel on one of the deck chairs by the pool for me. You know how those chair hogs are. Garlicruisers.

We are on the same cruise as you, July 20th! :D Can't wait to cruise again. :p

We're going on the Aruba route on 12/9 -- getting close!! This will be our second trip on AOS -- did the very same route back in 03. This time we're sailing with friends we met the year before on Radiance; it will be their first trip on AOS. This is our first Diamond cruise, too -- so we get to check out the concierge lounge -- and we have our favorite, an aft jr suite!!:D :D

Life just doesn't get much better than this....:p

Someone mentioned a champagne card...what champagne card? Are you talking about wine/dine? I could do some serious damage with a champagne card!

Archived