All things Adventure of the Seas!

I did find you these flights in case you needed some help

AMERICAN AIRLINES 1269 SJU San Juan Oct 14, 2007 05:00 PM to DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Oct 14, 2007 09:00 PM

AMERICAN AIRLINES 1955 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Oct 14, 2007 09:50 PM to PHX Phoenix Oct 14, 200710:15 PM

I know it's not ideal getting home that late, but at least you have an option. I've never flown from SJU yet, so I'm sure others will have more advice!!

[quote name='roe2ship']Is Crows Nest a nightclub?? Is it open during the day just to sit and relax?[/quote]

If this is the same club that was EOS we where there during the early evening and the view is great:D.

I am interested in this as well - is it open all the time??
It would be a great place to spend some time- just for the view (and of course the foo foo drinks).

....cool thread.....we are booked on AOS (Aruba route) in Sept '08.....just a year and about 2 weeks to go!!!!

This will be our ten year anniversary:D ....we plan on flying in on Sat and tacking on 3 nights post-cruise.

.....it was cheaper than going to Hawaii for the same amount of nights!!

Dan

Sailed aboard the AOS -- Aruba itinerary -- this past March. Loved the ship and the itinerary. I know that flying to San Juan poses a bit of a hassle, but I look upon it as having another island to visit. Out of all our cruises, I felt that this one had the best mix of passengers. Can't put my finger on what made this cruise so special...it just was.

We have been on AOS twice, and are doing a B2B in June/July 08. Some people ask why we keep doing the same thing rather than going to new places, but we just love AOS and her itineraries. CKRobyn, after hearing about your B2B, I was really convinced it was something I wanted to do!

On our second trip on her, we hung out in the Gravity Sports Bar the most. Less crowded, but could still clearly hear the music from the Duck and Dog. Great bar servers there too!

Does anybody know if Adventure OS has a 70's night
dance party on the promenade? I just got off the LOS
and they had one that was soooooooooooooooo fun.
I am booked for next summer and wanted to know
if they offered a 70's and 80's dance party night.

thanks
Rose

[quote name='rosebud1g']Does anybody know if Adventure OS has a 70's night
dance party on the promenade? I just got off the LOS
and they had one that was soooooooooooooooo fun.
I am booked for next summer and wanted to know
if they offered a 70's and 80's dance party night.
thanks
Rose[/quote]

[B]Rose, I haven't been on AOS yet....but what ship DOESN'T have a "disco" night....LOL[/B]

[quote name='msuguy2']I did find you these flights in case you needed some help

AMERICAN AIRLINES 1269 SJU San Juan Oct 14, 2007 05:00 PM to DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Oct 14, 2007 09:00 PM

AMERICAN AIRLINES 1955 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Oct 14, 2007 09:50 PM to PHX Phoenix Oct 14, 200710:15 PM

I know it's not ideal getting home that late, but at least you have an option. I've never flown from SJU yet, so I'm sure others will have more advice!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the flight schedule. I just hate waiting at the airport for the flight when all I want to do after the cruise is go home. Especially with such a long flight a head of us.

I think we are just goint to take our chances. Just need to make sure we are off the ship first thing and I don't think it will be a problem.

Anyone else have an experience with a flight before noon?

Just got off the AOS on 8/19 and they did have a 70s and 80s dance party (separate). The cruise was my honeymoon and we both loved it. I agree with others that Shane at Duck & Dog is a must see. Also, try out three card poker. DH won $1200. That paid for the $1100 painting he bought at the art auction on the first day. Also, I was surprised by how many free drinks were available on the first sea day. I probably had 5!

My ffamily and I are booked on Adventure for feb 24th sailing. Is Adventure Beach still there or not? I heard that whole area was turned into a "youth area". Kind of like on Navigator I guess. My 3 year old was really sad that the kids pool was missing so I really want to make sure if the pool is there or not. Thanks!!

[COLOR=black]We are cruising on 9/9, two weeks away. We are booked in a [COLOR=red]Royal[/COLOR] Family Suite. We are taking the kids 8 & 3, and our 2 mothers. I glad we are all in the same suite it, will make it a true family cruise. Plus it was cheaper this way with better service and larger cabin and balcony. When we sailed[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]Voyager Of The Seas in Aug 2003,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] we loved the ship so much that I refused to let my mom, that is 69 and on her first cruise, go on anything less. I know the AOS will live up to her reputation. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I will post pictures. I will only review the suite, because everything else has been reviewed over and over.[/COLOR]

[quote name='toriwc']On our second trip on her, we hung out in the Gravity Sports Bar the most. Less crowded, but could still clearly hear the music from the Duck and Dog. Great bar servers there too![/quote]

[COLOR=black]I know this is where I will find my husband on the first night. Let me see. First Sunday of NFL. Dallas is playing Sunday night. If he could, he would miss the muster drill. He did promise to go to dinner since this is our kids and my mother's first cruise.:rolleyes: [/COLOR]

[quote name='thewebbys']Can someone confirm- TWO formal nights. I would think Monday and ????. Starting to pack. We are doing the Barbados route.[/quote]

Yes. 7 nighters have two formal nights. On Adventure, I believe it was Monday and Friday.

[quote name='toriwc']We have been on AOS twice, and are doing a B2B in June/July 08. Some people ask why we keep doing the same thing rather than going to new places, but we just love AOS and her itineraries. CKRobyn, after hearing about your B2B, I was really convinced it was something I wanted to do!

On our second trip on her, we hung out in the Gravity Sports Bar the most. Less crowded, but could still clearly hear the music from the Duck and Dog. Great bar servers there too![/quote]

tori - you are going to LOVE a B2B on the AOS :D After spending 14 nights on the AOS this past February, when it came time to book for 2008, we had originally only booked for one week (Feb 24th) then one night DH and I were discussing the merits of staying on the ship for a 2nd week and we looked at eachother and DH said "get on the phone with RCI!". I called in and booked the 2nd week!!! I can't wait to get back on my favorite ship!!!

Great thread. We will be doing a btb on AOS in July of 2008. This will be our first btb and will be spending a few days in Puerto Rico before and after the cruise. My two sons 11 and 15 are all pumped up. My wife was at first concerned about btb but when I mentioned two stops in St. Maarten and 2 stops in St. Thomas, her view changed. She loves to shop. This will be the first time our boys will have their own cabin and we have not been on RCI since our honeymoon on the Song of Norway. Garlicruisers.

We booked for Jan.13/08, the Aruba route. This is our first RC cruise and are taking our two adult daughters. We got 2 side by side balcony rooms on the hump, deck 6. I'm hoping these will be good rooms. Any suggestions for not to miss ship activities or shore excursions?

[QUOTE]I will only review the suite, because everything else has been reviewed over and over[/QUOTE]
[B]thewebbys, [/B]I will be watching for your review. We have the Royal Family Suite on AOS booked for March of 09 (I know...we are early planners.) We will be sharing the suite with another family (a total of six of us). It ended up costing less than the two E1 balcony suites we booked on our last cruise in March of this year. I hope you all have a great cruise!;)

My husband and I will be on your cruise September 9th on the AOS. How nice to have the Royal Suite! Did you register for the Meet and mingle?

[quote name='thewebbys'][COLOR=black]We are cruising on 9/9, two weeks away. We are booked in a [COLOR=red]Royal[/COLOR] Family Suite. We are taking the kids 8 & 3, and our 2 mothers. I glad we are all in the same suite it, will make it a true family cruise. Plus it was cheaper this way with better service and larger cabin and balcony. When we sailed[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]Voyager Of The Seas in Aug 2003,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] we loved the ship so much that I refused to let my mom, that is 69 and on her first cruise, go on anything less. I know the AOS will live up to her reputation. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I will post pictures. I will only review the suite, because everything else has been reviewed over and over.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I know this is where I will find my husband on the first night. Let me see. First Sunday of NFL. Dallas is playing Sunday night. If he could, he would miss the muster drill. He did promise to go to dinner since this is our kids and my mother's first cruise.:rolleyes: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[quote name='b72bronc']Great thread. We will be doing a btb on AOS in July of 2008. This will be our first btb and will be spending a few days in Puerto Rico before and after the cruise. My two sons 11 and 15 are all pumped up. My wife was at first concerned about btb but when I mentioned two stops in St. Maarten and 2 stops in St. Thomas, her view changed. She loves to shop. This will be the first time our boys will have their own cabin and we have not been on RCI since our honeymoon on the Song of Norway. Garlicruisers.[/quote]

Hi we are doing a b2b next July also - which two weeks are you doing? Our first week is the 6th July. :D

[quote name='sharilyn55']My husband and I will be on your cruise September 9th on the AOS. How nice to have the Royal Suite! Did you register for the Meet and mingle?[/quote]

Yes, we are all set up for the M & M. The kids will be in the AO hopefully. After the M & M heading to the conceige lounge for happy hour. Yeah, free drinks.

As stated in the previous post, the cost was much cheaper than two balcony cabins for six people. It equaled out to one balcony cabin and one inside cabin on a lower deck. If you have 5 - 8 people (and can stand to be in a cabin together for a week:p ) try this cabin. Again, I'll let everyone see with pics.

We will be on the July 20th and 27th cruises. So it looks like you will getting off when we get on. Please put a towel on one of the deck chairs by the pool for me. You know how those chair hogs are. Garlicruisers.

[SIZE=3]I sail the Explorer, sister to this ship and I just happen to have some pics of your ship I thought you'd like to see:D [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][IMG]http://images18.fotki.com/v16/photos/4/45949/4037459/diningroom_AD_060916_002-vi.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Suzanne[/SIZE]

Archived