All things Adventure of the Seas!

Will be sailing on AOS on May 11, 2008 with my DH and a Canadian couple we me on our Panama Canal Cruise last March. I am so happy to read so many positive remarks about this ship. So many folks write negative remarks about everything and anything about this ship. They don't like the food and the crew didn't do enough for them etc etc etc. I guess some people are just never satisfied with anything. I for one think that one day on a cruise is 100% better than one day on land. :) You just have to roll with the punches and take things in stride. You make your own good or bad time.. Can't wait for May to come..

Will be sailing on AOS on May 11, 2008 with my DH and a Canadian couple we me on our Panama Canal Cruise last March. I am so happy to read so many positive remarks about this ship. So many folks write negative remarks about everything and anything about this ship. They don't like the food and the crew didn't do enough for them etc etc etc. I guess some people are just never satisfied with anything. I for one think that one day on a cruise is 100% better than one day on land. :) You just have to roll with the punches and take things in stride. You make your own good or bad time.. Can't wait for May to come..

Actually, when it comes to Adventure there really are not many punches to role with or things to take in stride. She really is a great ship.... at least... in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

cappy09, we are sailing the same date you are. We have 7 of us sailing 4 of us are platinum members the other 3 this will be their first time on Royal Caribbean and ones first cruise. We sailed this ship last May and had a great time. We arrived in San Juan 2 days prior and stayed 1 day after and will be doing the same this year. This airport can get pretty crazy on Sunday with everyone coming in for cruises and the rest of us trying to get home. If you have any questions let me know.

I asked this on our Roll Call thread but does anyone know where the wi-fi hot spots are on AOS and what the charges are?

I was wondering the same thing....I was hoping someone would've gotten back to you.:rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me what perks you get with a GS? We have never booked one before. I think I read that AOS has a Conceirge Lounge, but I'm not sure what all is there and the details.

Our cabin is 1578. Anyone been in that one?

Thanks everyone- I have loved reading this thread.

We're doing the Southern Caribbean on AOS Feb. 24th and would like to reserve for dinner at a restaurant in Aruba. Can anyone who has recently been on this cruise confirm for me that the local time in Aruba is the same as ship time or is there a time difference?

We're doing the Southern Caribbean on AOS Feb. 24th and would like to reserve for dinner at a restaurant in Aruba. Can anyone who has recently been on this cruise confirm for me that the local time in Aruba is the same as ship time or is there a time difference?

AOS, San Juan, Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas are all in the Atlantic time zone. The time is the same in all of those places and none of them observe to daylight savings time either.

Hi,

We have had several cruises on RCI, but never on AOS which leaves from san juan at 8:30 p.m. I understand the documents tell you boarding is at 4 p.m. Is that the actual earliest boarding time, or do they really let you on possibly as early as 12:30 lunch time? Also, what time is the emergency drill? I heard it was in the evening. If so, what do they do about dinner that night? Usually, when I am on a RCI cruise, the ship leaves at 5 p.m. and then you go about your normal dining schedule. What happens on the AOS as far as dining times and location on that boarding day? Thanks for your help.

Also, how far is it from the san juan airport to the port?

Barb

Our 3rd cruise on AOS coming up in April.Ship is fantastic ,food and service excellant.Aruba route is also good.Have no complaints about getting on ship or departing ship.As you can tell my wife and I are completely happy with RCCL

Hi,

We have had several cruises on RCI, but never on AOS which leaves from san juan at 8:30 p.m. I understand the documents tell you boarding is at 4 p.m. Is that the actual earliest boarding time, or do they really let you on possibly as early as 12:30 lunch time? Also, what time is the emergency drill? I heard it was in the evening. If so, what do they do about dinner that night? Usually, when I am on a RCI cruise, the ship leaves at 5 p.m. and then you go about your normal dining schedule. What happens on the AOS as far as dining times and location on that boarding day? Thanks for your help.

Also, how far is it from the san juan airport to the port?

Barb

You can board at 12:00p.m. Cabins are not available until 2:00p.m., however.

Last time I sailed on AOS, it still left at 10:00, but I understand that dining schedule is set up the same for the first night with late seating at 9:00p.m. Don't remember when early seating is. As for muster, with the sail time being different, I'm not sure when muster will occur. It used to be at 8:00.

Jen

You can board at 12:00p.m. Cabins are not available until 2:00p.m., however.

Last time I sailed on AOS, it still left at 10:00, but I understand that dining schedule is set up the same for the first night with late seating at 9:00p.m. Don't remember when early seating is. As for muster, with the sail time being different, I'm not sure when muster will occur. It used to be at 8:00.

Jen

I wonder if with the earlier sailing time and the new rule that everyone has to be aboard at least 90 minutes before sailing if they will now do muster before dinner starts instead of between 1st and 2nd seating as they did in the past when the ship sailed at 10PM?

I wonder if with the earlier sailing time and the new rule that everyone has to be aboard at least 90 minutes before sailing if they will now do muster before dinner starts instead of between 1st and 2nd seating as they did in the past when the ship sailed at 10PM?

Just back from the AOS this past Sunday. I'm looking at our Compass and muster is now at 5:45pm. All aboard is 5:30. :D

Laura

Can anyone tell me what perks you get with a GS? We have never booked one before. I think I read that AOS has a Conceirge Lounge, but I'm not sure what all is there and the details.

Our cabin is 1578. Anyone been in that one?

Thanks everyone- I have loved reading this thread.

Hi! We had a GS last week - #1274 and WE LOVED IT!!! It was our first suite and oh man it's going to be hard to go back to a balcony or inside after having that room! You have access to the Concierge Lounge and every evening there was a little snack waiting for us on the bar. Our suite attendant, Amelia, was amazing. I'm trying to think of other perks.....there was shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and bath gel in the bathroom, the balcony is KILLER...

If you want to see pics you can click on my webshots album way down below and they are in the Adventure of the Seas album. There are lots of them throughout the album, especially of our balcony. Enjoy!

Laura

Archived