All things Adventure of the Seas!

We leave in one month and this will be our first time on RCI sounds as if we made a great choice, keep the posts coming:D

Steve - you made an excellent choice! Great itinerary, great crew, great ship!!!!

Let us know how you enjoyed the cruise, ok?

Have fun! :)

The bathrooms beside Portofino (specialty restaurant) have floor to ceiling windows with an incredible view of the ocean! Make sure you check out the view when nature calls :rolleyes:

LOL, sounds nice. That view should be in the cabin bathrooms too:D

What is one of your favorite lounges??

The AOS will be my first voyager class ship. So what is so great about the promenade cafe......is it a mix of stores, places to eat and bars?

Hey Roe, don't know if you remember me, we met on the Radiance in '06. When are you going on AOS? We're going for spring break next year - 4/20/08.

jim

My husband and I are booked to go on AOS on Jan 27/08. We have never been on a ship that big yet. I can't wait! Is anyone else sailing on that date?:)

Fluffy - try the roll call boards with a search for that date. I'm quite sure there are lots of folks on here that will be sailing with you! :)

Hey Roe, don't know if you remember me, we met on the Radiance in '06. When are you going on AOS? We're going for spring break next year - 4/20/08.

jim

Hi Jim:) I sure do remember, three children, daughter Paige, right??

We have the same week for spring break here too. But, we are taking the kids to DisneyWorld in December and just DH and I :D are going on the AOS in July 2008.

Thanks....we live in Lakewood...off of 70 & Vermont..looking to move OUT of Lakewood soon :rolleyes: ...but stay in the area.:D Small world...nice to meetcha!

Too funny, I grew up in Howell and my parents live off Joe Parker Road in Lakewood! What a TRUELY small world!

We are sailing on our wedding cruise in November on AOS!

LOL, sounds nice. That view should be in the cabin bathrooms too:D

What is one of your favorite lounges??

I don't know that I'd want that view from my cabin bathroom...especially on port days when they're cleaning the windows! :eek:

This is a great thread! Thanks to all you AOS veterans for posting your memories. DW and I are booked for the Aruba route in February and the days aren't moving fast enough. This will be our first cruise on a Voyager class ship. Last Feb we were on Rhapsody of the Seas and were docked next to Mariner of the Seas at Cozumel. I was standing on the top deck of Rhapsody and some guy standing on his balcony on Mariner was waving down to me. Whew! :D

Pete & Gina

One of my favorite places on the ship is the Sports Bar on the Royal Promenade :) NO - it's not that I like sports :rolleyes: I just found it to be a great spot to sit a bit away from the crowd on the Promenade, but still be able to see everything that is going on. The staff in there are really great too!

We were on the sailing in February when the new beds were being loaded on the AOS in St. Thomas. Unfortunately, they were delivered on the last day of our cruise :( I can't wait to enjoy them on my next cruise!

Well isn't this great - both the cruises that I have booked right now have their very own threads about how awesome they are! (Adventure and Explorer) :D

We've got a group of 23 going on the Adventure on January 20th, 2008 for our wedding cruise. We're getting married on the beach in Aruba - I can't wait! About half of the people going w/us are first time cruisers so I wanted them to experience a big ship and have plenty of options and the perfect balance of sea days and port days - so I think the AOS was the perfect choice!!

Laura

Love this thread. It is quite awhile until I will be on Adventure but I am looking forward to my first Voyager class ship. We have an aft cabin which is most of the reason of booking so far ahead. I am quite a planner so I will keep my eye on all the suggestions...

jim

We are on the same sailing next year. Have you seen our roll call thread? We are a family of three sailing, DH, myself, and three year old DD. How about you?

We are booked on our second AOS cruise in April 2008. Sailed her the first time in August 2004 and loved it. It was the first cruise we booked a balcony and we had the best time sitting on the balcony either watching the ocean or observing as we pulled into port.

Our first AOS experience was on the Barbados route, we decided to go the Aruba route this time. Can hardly wait! I've never booked a cruise this far in advance, so the anticipation is killing me.

As for the view from the bathrooms next to Portifino's, I agree it is not to be missed. Ladies stopped in the bathroom just to see the view. :-)

We first sailed on the AOS last year 9-17-06 and we fell in love with her! She's a great ship, excellent service and lots of things to do. We enjoyed her so much last year that we booked another cruise on board 9-16-07 one year later!!

Didn't encounter any rudeness or cleanlyness issues. As long as you are there to have fun and not worry about all the little things and what other people are doing guaranteed you will have a wonderful trip!

Anyone thinking of cruising, the AOS is a great ship to sail on and the best itinerary! In 3 weeks we are doing the Aruba route as we did the Barbados route last year. We didn't experience what the ship really had to offer last year because we were at a port every day so this year we have two sea days dedicated just for exploring what we missed on the AOS last year like the climbing wall, swimming pool, Portofino's, Johnny Rockets and most importantly some R&R. 22 days and counting!!!!:D

[quote name='roe2ship']Hi Jim:) I sure do remember, three children, daughter Paige, right??
We have the same week for spring break here too. But, we are taking the kids to DisneyWorld in December and just DH and I :D are going on the AOS in July 2008.[/QUOTE]

Good memory... Have fun on AOS, we were on it in '04 and loved it.

We are sailing on AOS the second week in October. While it's only 42 days away it still seems like an eternity. Some of the people on our cruise have even received their docs!

Would love to here any stories from people who had flights from San Juan before 12:00 pm. AA has changed our flight time to 11:20. I'm not too worried but could use some reassuring words.

Thanks for starting this thread.

We will be sailing on the AOS in May- the Aruba ITN. I can't wait. We did not take a vacation this year so I am REALLY looking forward to May and the AOS. We were also lucky enough to book really early and got a great price on a JS, so we are really excited to have the extra cabin space and larger bathroom.

Our first cruise was on the EOS in 2002 and the experience hooked us on cruising. The AOS is her sister ship so I am sure things will be really familiar to us- at least I hope so.

I am looking forward to reading all your posts. THANKS again for starting this thread.

I called RCI and asked about departing times from San Juan as we're going on the cruise after you guys get back. They told us not to plan on leaving BEFORE noon. We are booked on AA as well and they happened to change our 2:45pm flight to an 8:30am flight...obviously not acceptable. All I did was call AA and tell them that I was unable to do this time and I got rebooked. Like you, we live on/near the West Coast, so it's tough getting back the same day. Anyways, we got on a flight that leave at 12:20pm to MIA...we then have to go to Dallas before getting home in Seattle. Not ideal, but they'll work with you and not charge you since it was their schedule change.

Good luck!!

Archived