All things Adventure of the Seas!

[SIZE=3][QUOTE][SIZE=3]I sail the Explorer, sister to this ship and I just happen to have some pics of your ship I thought you'd like to see:D [/SIZE][/QUOTE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Oh my.......I CAN'T wait!!! Thank you for posting![/SIZE]

Hi - great ides to chat here - I am booked on a B2B next July and the time is passing soooo slowly! This will be a good place to get tips etc from.

Dr. Seuss, we will be on the same B2B as you in July 08, I believe! Our first week will be July 6. This will be our 3rd time on AOS and she's still my favorite! Perfect itineraries, ship and crew. :)

Hi......we are on July 6th too, can we camp out in your cabin your second week?!:D

Roe, we'll be along with you on the B2B also! :) Gosh, we've already got a group of B2Bers for this cruise...what are the chances of that happening and us finding out this far ahead of time? It will be a wonderful cruise! :)

I can't believe how many of us are going back to back at the same time. We have a lovely roll call going on over on the roll call boards for the 6th and 13th.

Apparently the week of the 13th is a sweet 15 celebration week for PR. I can't remember the proper name but it begins with Q. Have you sailed with this celebration before? Was it any different than any other large group that you might not know in advance about?

I love the ports of call and keep looking to decide which trips to do. At least we can be busy the first week and relax a bit the second week!

ckrobyn, I think you and I are tied with AOS being our favorite ship :) It's like going home again, isn't it? :)

Yes it is! The AOS is such a warm and friendly ship - I can't wait to sail her again :D

We were the ONLY passengers on a B2B last February! It was weird wandering around the ship and the only other people onboard were crew :rolleyes:

I can't believe how many of us are going back to back at the same time. We have a lovely roll call going on over on the roll call boards for the 6th and 13th.

Apparently the week of the 13th is a sweet 15 celebration week for PR. I can't remember the proper name but it begins with Q. Have you sailed with this celebration before? Was it any different than any other large group that you might not know in advance about?

I love the ports of call and keep looking to decide which trips to do. At least we can be busy the first week and relax a bit the second week!

Dr. Seuss, the name of the large group of 15 year old girls are called Quincenearas (sp?). Apparently 15 is like sweet 16 in Puerto Rico and they plan huge group cruises to celebrate.

A B2B is a phenomenal way to relax. You're right, you can do the touristy stuff the first week and use the 2nd week to hang out by the pool or whatever - or - you can do whatever you missed the 1st week! You will love your B2B on the AOS :D

AOS will be my first Voyager-class ship! I'm sailing March 16th with my 17-year-old son and 23-year-old daughter. I first booked Carnival Destiny for the same date, then cancelled and booked AOS when RCI's prices went down a bit in May. Now prices are double what they were when I booked. I also bought my daughter's Dallas-San Juan plane ticket a few weeks ago for just under $400, and that fare is now over $900 on American! :eek:

Well isn't this great - both the cruises that I have booked right now have their very own threads about how awesome they are! (Adventure and Explorer) :D

We've got a group of 23 going on the Adventure on January 20th, 2008 for our wedding cruise. We're getting married on the beach in Aruba - I can't wait! About half of the people going w/us are first time cruisers so I wanted them to experience a big ship and have plenty of options and the perfect balance of sea days and port days - so I think the AOS was the perfect choice!!

Laura

Congratulations! I'll watch for you, as I am also going on the same sailing.

Tasha

AOS will be my first Voyager-class ship! I'm sailing March 16th with my 17-year-old son and 23-year-old daughter. I first booked Carnival Destiny for the same date, then cancelled and booked AOS when RCI's prices went down a bit in May. Now prices are double what they were when I booked. I also bought my daughter's Dallas-San Juan plane ticket a few weeks ago for just under $400, and that fare is now over $900 on American! :eek:

Nancy - you made the right choice ;)

You can wave at the Carnival ship as it will be in many of the same ports with you :)

Nancy - you made the right choice ;)

You can wave at the Carnival ship as it will be in many of the same ports with you :)

I'm very happy we'll be cruising with a known cruiseline (RCI) rather than an unknown (Carnival).

Actually - St. Thomas is the only port we will have in common with Carnival Destiny, because AOS is going to Aruba and Curacao the week we're cruising.

Great itinerary

Very pretty bathroom with an ocean view right next to the Ice Cream station.

Shower door.

Sound proof balcony doors.

Watches for $10

Free liquor tasting.

About the free liquor tasting and any other tips/hints/tricks you think I/all of us CCers should know. My sister and I sail on her in less than a week (OMG!!), so we want to know everything we can before we go!:eek: :D

Besides everything previously mentioned by other posters, I would add to my list:

- Finding the perfect deck chair on the top deck forward, away from the crowds and noise of the pool deck, when you want a little alone time with a good book or a snooze.

- The regular pool deck band, Mega 4, although they are now just 3. They play great Bob Marley tunes. We have their CD's and playing them at home adds to the anticipation of our next cruise.

- My favorite bartender, Rafael Lalloo. If you see him, say hi from Suzanne & Kevin. We've had many a drink at the various bars he has tended through all our cruises on AOS.

- I always know where to find my DH -- at the Sports Bar -- while I shop/gamble/exercise.

- The two different itineraries in spring-summer-fall, so a back to back goes to all my favorite islands!

We have a while until our next AOS cruise, as we opted for a land vacation in Barbados next. But I am always checking the hot deals so you never know! To all of you who are sailing on AOS soon, have a great cruise.

Suzanne

I'm usually pretty nonchalant about cruising since we've only cruised on RCCL and we've repeated the ports many times.

But this is our first time on AOS AND of course our first time to Aruba and Curacao so we're really looking forward to our cruise in Feb. It seems that those who have cruised on AOS really love the ship and the itineraries, regardless of whichever one they take.

I've been on Navigator before so I know about that special bathroom view - though I have to admit I found it by mistake. But I'm already making plans to make a special stop at the Duck and Dog. Is there a Mixology class on AOS? That's always the "don't miss" on Rhapsody. And we'll probably do Portofino's one night for dinner, since we did Chop's on a previous cruise. What else??? I'm eating this all up!!!

Is there an extra charge for food at the Royal Promenade? I seen there is Ben and Jerry's, Coffe places and others.

No extra charge in general for the food on the Royal Promenade (i.e. pizza, sandwhiches, salads, cookies, desserts), but there is a charge for Ben & Jerry's. As far as DH and I could tell from our Liberty cruise in May, there was no charge for "normal" coffee, tea or hot chocolate at the Cafe, but there probably was a charge for more froo-froo coffee beverages such as cappuccinos, lattes, etc. The only other thing you will be charged for on the promenade is drinks at all those bars, but that's probably pretty obvious. Hope this helps.:)

Roe, we'll be along with you on the B2B also! :) Gosh, we've already got a group of B2Bers for this cruise...what are the chances of that happening and us finding out this far ahead of time? It will be a wonderful cruise! :)

Hi, below is the roll call, stop by if you like. :) We are on for the one week (it is Dr.Seuss that will be on B2B as you) However, we will certainly accept invitations to stay on the second week from our CC friends!:D ;) :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=535398

ok so I'm trying to find out if there is a preferred side to Adventure. Port or starboard on the Aruba route. I have 9390 but see 9690 has opened up for my sailing. ckrobyn, can you help? or anyone who has done the Aruba route before. What do you prefer?

Archived