Bibi

Do you prefer...  

360 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer...

• Anytime dining?
    • Traditional dining?
    • Early seating - 6 - 8pm?
    • Late seating - After 8 pm?

We love the flexibility of anytime dining. Eat when we want. Eat by ourselves or eat with new friends we have just met.

I do miss the connection you get with your waiter but just don't want to take the chance that we get "stuck" with "those" tablemates. (which is funny 'cause we always had wonderful tablemates before they added anytime).

It's vacation, we like to be flexible.

I don't like to have to make many decisions on a cruise....so I like knowing exactly when to show up at the dining room!!! Maybe I'm just a touch lazy in that respect. We've only done traditional/late in all eight of our cruises and have always enjoyed it.

Wyn

I'm just curious as to why you missed the shows & what does going back to TD do to make it any better?

While I don't know the problem the prior poster had, sometimes the show for second seating is at 7pm. if you go to dinner 7 or 7:30, you miss both shows. You just need to plan in advance. Either change the dinner time or miss the show.

I voted for Anytime Dining because when I'm travelling with my daughter (14) that is the easiest for us to work around teen schedules, sailaways and shows.

If I'm travelling with a group then it would most probably be Late Traditional as it would be a miracle to get everyone together for dinner every night otherwise :rolleyes:

Plus we had a wonderful time doing this last May and made such a good impression on the adjoining tables that we ended up having a sing-along every night at our waiters request! He even ended up choosing the songs and photocopying the words for all of us. Great memories! And lots of free limoncello :D

Moira

Absolutely, no question, Late Traditional. I've always gotten lucky with good tablemates in Traditional, but the one cruise doing shared tables in Anytime -- yikes!!! It was a kaleidescope of horror, every night starting from scratch ("hi, my name is X, I live in X, I'm a rocket scientist, oh, you sell aluminum siding--how fascinating. Yes I've cruised Princess before, have you?") with a different set of dining companions with whom one had nothing in common on the surface and, of course, no time over the space of just one dinner to determine any more than that. Never again!

Although I prefer Anytime Dining, my next cruise is a solo so I chose Early Traditional. I think it will be a little more comfortable for a solo cruiser than the other.

I've enjoyed all the interesting people I've met during Anytime, though. Many times we would end up staying after dinner and talking for quite awhile. I have only had 3 annoying dinner mates before - a constantly complaining elderly couple and a woman who kept talking about her wealth and acted like she owned the ship (of course, who knows - maybe she did??!). The good thing was that I didn't have to eat a second meal with any of them again. There are pros and cons to both ways.

Archived