Most Traveled

Caris

[quote name='Pia1913']The cocktail party is not just cocktails; you can have anything you want to drink. The one we had on the Ruby had lots of edibles, but I was mostly interested in the huge shrimp. I OD'd on them. ;)[/quote]

Arlene, I thought you did not eat shellfish - was I reading an earlier post wrong??

Ron

And Chocolate Covered Strawberries, too.

At one Cocktail Party the Captain commented that the strawberries were terrible and that he felt he owed it to the passengers to take every one of them back to his cabin after the party. ;)

[quote name='gertz']

On being introduced to the Captain by the Captain's Circle lady I asked the following question to the CC lady while the Capt was present. How do you determine weather to have a Luncheon or Cocktail party. this was her answer and I am paraphrasing. [I]On 7 day cruises we are doing the Cocktail Party on longer ones like 10 or 14 days we are doing the Luncheon.[/I]

[/quote]

We have been to several lunches which have been on 7 day cruises and longer cruises. Some in Sabatini, some in a main dining room. One ended with a full galley tour, the others did not.

The one cocktail party we went to was on a 14 day cruise.

I guess it's down to the Captain (and how he is "persuaded" by the CC hostess).

[quote name='JIM130'][SIZE=2][B]The 40 most traveled, (by number of days) get invited to the party whether it is the luncheon or the cocktail party. If they do the luncheon they have to have a sea day to do it. Most 7 day cruises do not have a sea day therefore they do the cocktail party. Personally I prefer the luncheon and we are way up there with over 800 days at sea with Princess.[/B][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=2]There is not really a cut-off number it just depends on how many well traveled passengers there are on that particular cruise.[/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=2]Jim..[/SIZE][/B]
[/quote]
There might be less than 40 most traveled, as sometimes one of the "most traveled" has a friend with them who hasn't been sailing that long. The friend, or sometimes caretaker, gets to go to the lunch too.

[quote name='Nancyquilts']There might be less than 40 most traveled, as sometimes one of the "most traveled" has a friend with them who hasn't been sailing that long. The friend, or sometimes caretaker, gets to go to the lunch too.[/quote]

The "Top 40" are always invited - any guests, which are usually few, are over and above the 40. Can you imagine yhe problems if your number made the cut, but you were left out to allow a guest who may be on a first cruise??

Ron

[quote name='coiran']The "Top 40" are always invited - any guests, which are usually few, are over and above the 40. Can you imagine yhe problems if your number made the cut, but you were left out to allow a guest who may be on a first cruise??

Ron[/QUOTE]
Be enough to cause some to jump off the ship.

I just got off the CB New England/Canada cruise yesterday and had my first invitation to a "most-traveled" event--a very nice cocktail party.

I have been Elite on three cruises and have 165 days on Princess. It was announced at the regular Captain's Circle cocktail party that there were 60 elite passengers on that sailing. So, if you don't have mutiple hundreds of cruise days under your belt (and you'd really like an invitation to the event), you might want to consider that route.:)

I was certainly impressed by the cocktail party...beautiful, delicious hors d' oeuvres, both hot and cold. There was so much, I didn't even see the chocolate-covered strawberries that I later learned were at the end of the table. Probably a good thing I didn't see them...my plate was so full I would have had to carry the strawberries on my head!

By the way, it was held in Skywalkers and the officers did mingle with the guests.

[quote name='coiran']The "Top 40" are always invited - any guests, which are usually few, are over and above the 40. Can you imagine yhe problems if your number made the cut, but you were left out to allow a guest who may be on a first cruise??

Ron[/quote]
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just shows that things aren't always as they appear (and I'd hate to get bumped from a great lunch).:D

[quote name='pennst8r']I just got off the CB New England/Canada cruise yesterday and had my first invitation to a "most-traveled" event--a very nice cocktail party.

I have been Elite on three cruises and have 165 days on Princess. It was announced at the regular Captain's Circle cocktail party that there were 60 elite passengers on that sailing. So, if you don't have mutiple hundreds of cruise days under your belt (and you'd really like an invitation to the event), you might want to consider that route.:)

I was certainly impressed by the cocktail party...beautiful, delicious hors d' oeuvres, both hot and cold. There was so much, I didn't even see the chocolate-covered strawberries that I later learned were at the end of the table. Probably a good thing I didn't see them...my plate was so full I would have had to carry the strawberries on my head!

By the way, it was held in Skywalkers and the officers did mingle with the guests.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Did they offer a bowl of those huge cold shrimp (like the ones they serve with the lobster tails in the dr) ?[/FONT]

Archived